Chapter 2

Hopeless End (on hold)

[ CHAPTER 2 ]

It's morning, another new day. 

Feeling tired and drained out, I could not sleep last night, due to my insomnia. I sighed to myself and got myself prepared for another day of school. Where I'll just see the same faces at the same place, every week. How tiring and boring my life is. It's still 5AM, just standing in the dark light as the light pole keep turning off and on, waiting for my bus to arrive. I see cars passing by through the night road, it's kind of scary to be honest because you'll never know if a person is going to pick you up off from the streets and take you away. 

As I patiently wait for the bus, I hear two people from behind. They were people who are on my bus also. They were loud and spoke a whole different language that I couldn't understand, which terribly annoyed me. I can't keep up with what they're saying and it's hurting my head. "Finally." I said to myself, seeing the bus pulling over to our stop. The bus in the morning is never rowdy since the people on the bus are always tired out and still sleepy. It was quiet and all you could hear is the bus engine moving and stopping.

Making our way to school, we patiently wait to get inside. People were gathering around waiting as I felt uncomfortable being surrounded by strangers. "Hey, Mina." A quiet voice from my side, there was a girl, who I have gym class with. "Oh, hey. I didn't see you there." I had a fake smile on my face, how horrible was I. We didn't talk much and we were side by side. The bell rang and the crowd move along. All we did was say our goodbyes or see you later and go our separate ways to our different class. 

Here, here is where I wish I could go home. Too early, still tired, but people were already excited and happy. How I wish I could be that happy during the day. Just kidding, as if that ever happen. It's really too early for all that. People are so simple-minded and carefree, pretending to go their way out with fake laughs and smiles. What am I saying? I'm the same as everybody else, laughing and smiling, but really, I hate doing it. 

"Mina. Mina, wake up!" A sudden smack on the desk, I picked my head up and saw my teacher. "There is no sleeping in class." I'm not stupid, I already know that. Either way, If you tell me to sleep or not, I'll do what ever I want. I'm going back to sleep anyways. I thought of saying those sentence to him, but I'm just a scaredy cat. "Sorry, I won't sleep." I lied. The teacher went back to his educating and all I could here "blah, blah, this, blah, blah, gurgle" I really don't know, my brain didn't want to function. I put my head down quietly and I hear footsteps coming close to me. I know it's him, but I'm not going to look up. "Mina, I told you many times not to sleep in this class again. I'm going to give you a referral if you keep this up. Seriously, what is wrong with my teaching?" All I did was stared at him and my mind was off somewhere. I did not hear a word, except that last sentence so I replied back to him, "Everything." I thought, how annoying can he be. All I wanted was to go home and sleep. "That's it, I'm writing you a referral!" He stomped away to his desk and just as time passes by, the bell rang for the next class. I quickly walked out of the class and head straight to my class. I can't deal being in the crowded hall filled with idiots. I see idiots everywhere as I walk pass them in the halls. People are laughing in that corner, in the other, there are people making out, and the others are just filled idiots who just stands there to show off. I hate walking in the hallways because unmannered people will bump into you and won't even apologize. I always say this to myself, "What if I was pregnant and they bumped into me like that? Those es will be at fault for my miscarriage."

I happen to have "friends" but once when they see their other group of friends, they leave me by myself and pretend as if I wasn't there. Sometimes when I see a "friend", I would just smile at them, but all they did was walk away and ignore me. That feeling of being left alone. Making me look like an idiot, to think they'll notice me but all they did was ignore me. If their friends weren't around, I know for sure that she'll come to me and act friendly again. Don't with me. 

 

There was one person, just one, who I truely believed in. "Hey, Mina, what's wrong?" She always ask me with such kind words. Even if I was mean to her and say such cruel words, she still talk to me with such a sweet gentle voice. She told me that I was her only friend, I doubt it, but I accepted it. She was always by my side, even if we have no classes together on odd days, she still meet me in the mornings and if she isn't coming to school, she'll tell me why and message me as soon as possible.  This person is the only one who could make me forget about every little pain in me. 

"I hate people. People can be so stupid." With just that, that friend of mines looked at me and said, "I know, I hate people too. To be honest, you're the only one I talk to the most in this school. Probably the only one." She did not say anything about me hating people, but agreed with me. I complain about how human beings are annoying and stupid, yet she did not criticize or judge me. "Thank you for being my friend and for always listening to my crap." Was all I could say to her.