In which we have a Mr. Popular

The Battle of the Charming Gods

Jongin was in the dance studio, the place where he could be free of all the stress and bad thoughts, that was the reason why he always went there alone. The studio was located in the second floor of a building that had a lot of other rooms, not just for dancing, but for playing instruments, painting or singing, so you could find all kinds of artistic prodigies there.

The grace in Jongin's movements were always praised in every competition he participated, and he loved it.

To feel every beat beating every part of his body bouncing to create a response for every touch, the music felt like a part of himself, the other half that was trying to get back to him, that's the feeling of becoming one with the melody, Jongin knew he was born to live through a melody.

The music fades and besides the lack of oxygen in his lungs he felt content but still he kept the thought of something missing in that room, or was it the room that felt almost empty?

Grabbing his things and using a towel to dry his sweated face, he proceed to walk through the hallways of the building paying attention at pretty much anything, he was lost in thoughts when his heart responded to a sound his ears were almost melting for.

And he could have swear his eyes could even perceive the colors dancing in the air at the rhythm of that sound, gracefully hypnotized by the melody that was filling the hallway at that moment. What was it? Jongin needed to know right away so he walk in front of the door that was the only barrier to see the face of the person manipulating the sounds that were filling that space in his heart.

And there he was.

“Beautiful…”

That word that was begging to be freed was the only reaction to the sight in front of his eyes. Jongin was always a dreamer, people that didn’t know him would thought he was just another teenager reaching for impossible dreams, but no, that was not Jongin, the word “impossible” was just a “must try harder and harder” for him, no ‘buts’ no ‘next time’, no ‘second places’, for Jongin that was just not acceptable.  

There was never an impossible for Jongin, not until he started wondering how to approach that boy in front of him.

 

"Minseokie hyung, do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Eh? Jongin, why are you asking me this?"

"...well...I met some..."

 

Minseok was always the best choice to have a serious talk with, the rest of the boys could be serious too, but Minseok being the hyung sure had the best place on the ranking. Jongin was just ready to express himself when the tired and annoyed looking Chanyeol appeared and he wasn’t going to complain, Chanyeol was really needing the attention of the eldest.

 

Joonmyun was struggling with some papers and there was no one there he could ask for help, it’s not that there wasn’t people around, but…being just a member of the organization team, for the first time… the sunbaes surely noticed his suffering but that was always the best part of it, at least for them, it was.

"What I am supposed to write here?...what should I do?!"

Resigned he slammed his face on the table and started making sobbing sounds, the hyungs that where checking on him started laughing and everything seemed amusing for them until there was a sudden change of atmosphere, the SM Academy representative were walking in the room and as they passed a bright aura was surrounding them while the other's faces darkened.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah, that's him...the devil master of SM Academy, the head of the student’s council even when he's just a second grader"

"The angel faced demon...Do Kyungsoo"

The older representatives of EXO Academy were throwing daggers at the others backs, they thought they will have total control of the situation until they lost all hope when they saw the shorty devil approaching a pathetic looking Joonmyun still sobbing all over those papers and completely oblivious of the situation at that moment.

"What could be the problem here?"

"Eh?"

Joonmyun faced a handsome looking guy, he noticed the guy was as short as him and even when the other shorty had an unamused expression, Joonmyun smiled.

“Are you here to help me?, Cool!, Please I just don’t know what to write on here”

Kyungsoo didn't say anything and just analyzed the paper, meanwhile every other soul in the room were begging for a second chance on life.

"So, are you confused as well?, I understand, from your look you must be new like me, I'm Kim Joonmyun by the way, I came with the EXO Academy team"

And that's when the little one with the dark aura smirked, giving towards Joonmyun what for him was a sincere smile.

"Oh, I see. Let’s fix this then"

 

'You will die Park Chanyeol'

 

Said the note nestled inside his locker.

"Wha...WHAT!"

Chanyeol felt like fainting but it was not the moment for that, he needed to run, as far as possible, so he just put the note inside his pocked  and started running with a destination unknown, he was losing all the air in his lungs when he decided the janitor's room was a good place to rest for a bit. He was trying to recover when suddenly he started wondering who can possibly would want him dead.

"Baekhyun!, that minion...but wait, isn't he going too far this time? I mean, he never tried to threaten my life before, I knew he was crazy but this is so out of any sense"

Chanyeol was just coming out of the janitor's room when Baekhyun appeared in front of him looking tired.

"There you are, you stupid giant!, they're about to announce the winner you moron!"

"Who are you yelling at, you psyco!"

"What?!"

"Don't try to play the fool with me, and accept you are after my life!, all this time I've been knowing you, I always thought you were annoying, but never a crazy piece of bacon!"

Chanyeol almost pasted the note in front of Baekhyun's face.

"This!, at least I still have the prove!"

"What is this?"

Baekhyun read the note and yelled dramatically.

"Mwo?, so someone is trying to kill you before you recognize the greatness of my existence!, there's no way I would allow that!"

"So it wasn't you?"

"No, of course it wasn't me!, you are an idiot"

"You know what that means right?"

"Wha...WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU BEAST?!"

And Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and started running frenetically.

"We need to scape Bakhyun, if they saw you with me your life must be in danger too!"

"Let go of me!, and who are you calling Bakhyun?!"

 

The students of EXO Academy were gathered in the auditorium, the expectation for the announcement of the new Mr. Popular got everybody exited, almost as excited as to not noticing that both candidates were not even there, that for sure didn’t include Jongin and Luhan.

"Where the hell is Chanyeol?, I spent hours designing this poster"

"Baekhyun is not here either, do you think they can be...possibly...together?"

"Well if that's true, just one thing is certain...one of them is not going to make it"

 

Chanyeol stopped dragging Baekhyun around while he was trying to find a good place to hide.

“…Chan…Chanyeol…you…a…you are an…IDIOT!”

Baekhyun was still trying to catch his breath while bending down, when he looked up he could notice his hand was still in Chanyeol’s grab.

“Chan…”

“What are you guys doing here?, aren’t they going to announce the winner just now?”

Sehun was the one cutting Baekhyun’s words, so at the sight of a witness Baekhyun fixed his posture and with a violent movement, freed his hand from the giant’s.

“Sehun! Now you are in danger too!”

“What danger?!, let’s just go I don’t think the killer will try to attack you if there’s three of us here, so we are going to the auditorium so then you can sob your loser !”

And with Sehun’s help they finally make it in front of the excited crowd yelling Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s names, ignoring completely the other contestant that well, no one knew about.

“Well, now for the final result, let’s welcome our beautiful Miss Popular!”

(Miss Popular was never relevant, so we’ll just get to the point.)

“And the winner is…”

Minutes of agony.

“…Byun Baekhyun!, Congratulations!”


Chapter 4 (Teaser)

-In which we have Huang Zi Tao-

"Jongdae!"

"Wha...what did you just say?"

“I just hope you don’t regret anything after this Jongdae”

He gain conscious seconds later and started following the direction the running man took, however, not fast enough to reach him. 

‘I would never be like that and I would never will be able to reach a person like him’, he thought.