In wich the nemesis appeared

The Battle of the Charming Gods

It's been a week since the start of a new Baekyeol chapter and as expected the school has transform into some battle field, where of course, Baekhyun is always the first one throwing fire.

Sehun knows that this is going to be one on those days again, after all, the competition will end in three more weeks, and he remembers too, that the big event is starting right after.

It's a rule that the most popular student from EXO Academy has to be chosen before the big event starts, so the winner would be competing with the most popular student from that other school, no other one, but the SM Academy.

The SM Academy, the most prestigious one, where only the best of the best is found. What's that big event about, and why are this two schools involved?, that's simple, the directors of both schools hate each other, and they're always up to challenge the other, so some years ago they decided to do this an event, a big event that outsiders begin to know as "The Battle of the Charming Gods", there were a few more rules, like that the contestants can only be from second and third year, that way  both schools wouldn't have to deal with surprises along the games.

So now it was the time for the students of 2B to shine, pretty much Chanyeol, Jongin, Minseok, Luhan and of course Sehun, now it was Sehun's turn to shine.

He was walking to school from home, a cool guy like him could still walk to school, right?, well the thing is that even if he tried to persuaded his parents to buy him a car, they will always win the argument with a simple 'the school is just two blocks away', so yeah, he was walking to the school practicing a few movements that Jongin had taught him on their last practice for the competition.

A slide here, some arm movements there, it’s not that hard, well not for Oh Sehun, he was born to be a dancer.

There wasn't many people on the streets that morning, Sehun never pays attention to that, but at some moment he felt this stare, he had to stop and find the source of that weird feeling in his body.

Right there on his left side, there he was, that stranger again.

"Wha...he's there" Sehun was whispering to himself, not just because he didn't want to be heard, but because his voice was apparently stuck in that tone.

This is the first time, the first time since he started noticing his presence, the first time that he can look into those eyes.

 

"Minseokie hyung, do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Eh? Jongin, why are you asking me this?"

"...well...I met some..."

"Please don't ask me about him, please not today" Chanyeol interrupted Jongin's line and went directly to his seat and put his face on the desk, he seemed tired, and Minseok started patting him in a sign of pity.

"It must be hard Yeollie, dealing with him everyday"

"Don't even mention it, have you even seen the ranking?, we're pretty much even!"

"Well it doesn't sound like a bad thing at all..."

"Jongin, are you serious?, he's just out of all control!, when he is at the top, he's a pain in the with his 'just face it, I'm better than you Park Chanyeol', and when he's second, he's a pain in the with his 'this is not how it ends Park Chanyeol, I'll beat your ' thing, I just can't guys, I just can't, it doesn't matter how hard I tried to hide myself, it's like he has this “Yeollie radar” or something, he's always there! Ready with his annoying yelling, and, and..."

"It must be pretty hard Yeollie"

Minseok kept the patting and Chanyeol still looked down, in that moment a quiet Sehun entered the classroom.

"Sehun, good morning!"

"Ey bro, are you okay?"

"Sehunnie?"

Sehun just took his seat quietly almost ignoring everyone until he decided to answer.

"Jongin, your fly is down"

They laughed and everything seemed okay until Luhan appeared in front of Minseok and handled him a piece of paper.

"...it's the...application form...for the soccer team..."

"Is this really okay Luhan ge?, I thought you would have already moved on from the awkward mumbling thing"

"Yeah, this kind of things shouldn't be happening on couples that have been together for so long like you guys"

"Maybe it's because for Luhan hyung it's like falling in love with Minseokie everyday"

"Aww so cute guys"

The three amused giants kept laughing while Luhan was there standing in front of Minseok who was just looking at the side frowning.

"...Minseok, I just..."

"This afternoon, right?"

Minseok spoke without looking at him.

"Yes! Let's try our best!"

But that was enough for Luhan.

 

That afternoon on the field Luhan and Minseok were ready to take the approval or disapproval of the team's captain. The tension between all the second graders could be felt as then well respected boy took a step forward to announce the results.

The names kept been mentioned and Luhan was feeling anxious.

“…and finally Luhan, well guys I expect a lot from you, I see you on Monday for practice”

“Is that it?, really…where is…where is Minseok’s name?” Luhan couldn´t voice this out loud so he just stared at Minseok’s side.

“Minseok…”

 

There were a few curious and fans of soccer watching the selection of the new official team, most of them were students from EXO Academy but there were other faces there as well.

Specially, standing at the back were three boys looking amused.

“I insist that the soccer team should be here instead of us”

“Come on Kris, don’t be so strict, besides you know how Minho is, he’s pretty sure this team has no chance no win, well since this competition started to take place, they never have win a match so that’s understandable, or what do you think, Jongdae?”

“You’re right Yixing, and Minho as well, they’ll never have a chance”

“We’ll see about that!” Minseok was now standing in front of them, he felt so frustrated before and he just ran out the field, he heard what they were saying and he was not going to let that continue.

“Oh yeah? You think so?, It seems like you know something that we don’t, and I wonder what could it be?”

“You don’t have to be like this to the poor guy Jongdae look, he has wet cheeks already”

And it was true, Minseok didn’t even notice he started tearing the moment he left the field, he’s not normally a crier, and he definitely will never cry in front of others, not in front of other man, not in front of his enemies, he was pretty angry at that moment and with a single look at those boys uniforms, with a single glance at the SM Academy logo his next words were the shield he needed and they even brought a smile to his face.

“Luhan will never let you win this time! You’ll see!”

After saying that Minseok decided to continue his way.

“Luhan…this sounds interesting”

“It actually does! Aren’t you interested as well Kris?, it seems that this fellow Chinese friend is really good!”

“You think so, Yixing? Maybe that boy is just biased for his own feelings”

“His feelings?”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m not even interested in the soccer match, even if this guy is good, our entire team is better”

“That’s right, Jongdae is here to see his beloved!, but we still haven’t see him apart of those posters all over the school”

“He is not my beloved! How many times do I have to clarify this to you?!”

“You’re blushing” Said Kris.

“Anyways!, we should get back”

“But what will happen if he doesn’t win the Mr. Popular contest?”

“He will, I know he will”


Chapter 3 (Teaser)

-In which we have a Mr. Popular-

“Beautiful…”

Is that him?"

"Yeah, that's him...the devil master of SM Academy, the head of the student’s council even when he's just a second grader"

'You will die Park Chanyeol'

Said the note nestled inside his locker.

"You know what that means right?"

"Wha...WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU BEAST?!"

“And the winner is…”