First stop: Our Arcade

Say Something

Hyesung p.o.v.

 

Die! Die! You fu****rs!!! Take that you pricks! $%^%&^&@A!

 

I smashed the kill button again and again out of frustration. Why can’t all these idiots just die?

...and why can’t this idiot realise just how much I love him?

 

 

We’re here in the same arcade when we had our first date. I still remember that fluttering feeling in my chest when you, Eric, one of the hottest student in campus and my just-a-tiny-bit-longtime-crush back then, literally falling on top of me and asked me out in the middle of the courtyard while I was having lunch with my friends. I was so flustered that I can only nodded awkwardly back to you but then you smiled so brightly, so beautifully and that was the moment I know that I want to live seeing that smile forever.

 

Remember when we were playing in this arcade at that time? I was so nervous that you have been put off by my clumsy gaming skills and well; ‘pretty bold choice of words’ while playing the games. Looking at the horror on your face and judging by your disbelief expression subsequently prompting me to run away in the middle of our date.  

 

I was so sure that you hated me then and there was no chance for you to like me back. I was so lost in my self-hating moments that I was completely unaware when you ran out after me, caught up to me and in the middle of the park, you kissed me while saying that you love me.

 

But then, not even one second later, we were dragged back to the store by the owner for not paying for the games. Remember when you said this will be a good story to tell our grandkids. You probably won’t know how much I held on to that word of building a family with you.

 

After that, we practically had most of our dates in the arcade. Eric-ah, do you know that I have never play in the arcade before our first date. Then again, you probably knew as I was labelled as the geek of the campus. Arcade games were never one of my fortes. This game, Battle of heroes was one of your favorites right? I can’t remember how many nights I’ve spent looking through battle tactics and even had to bribe Andy, your cunning baby brother to help me mastered this game, just to impress you.  

 

Don’t you know that I, Jung Pilkyo will never resort to any bribery or staying up until dawn, studying games to please someone? Not to mention how you call always woke me up in the middle of the night for sparring battles. I even have to sing you lullaby for every games you’ve won. So why now you are doubting my love? Why do you want to break up?

 

 

Ah crap, I was lost in my thoughts that I have failed to notice my characters in the game have been killed. Just as the screen turned black, I heard you said,

 

 

Somehow, this situation reminds me of our first date. I thought you were all prim and proper at first, befitting that honor student title of yours, looking so out of place in the arcade. But then you started cursing right after the game started...You’ve really made me speechless at that moment, but that was also one of your best charms, that tough cursing grandpa-slash-cute pretty boy persona. It might be only a crush until then, but right at the moment I knew that I had fall in love with that crazy twist of you

 

I’m going to miss all of your cursing...*mumbles* I’ll miss you...so much”

 

 

Whether you’re good at video games or not, it doesn’t really matter, because at this point, no one’s really winning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note:

Hi,its been a long time isn't it? hahaha I get caught up with my life, with the final year, graduation and looking for a job that I completely forget about this fic.But hey, once you started you must finish it right? So I'm really sorry if there is anyone who had waited for about a year and a half for this, tho I'm pretty sure everyone have just moved on with their life by now lol. I'm mainly started writing this out my adoration for ricsyung that it've been my personal goal to at least finish one fic for them. English is not my first language and I'm kinda crappy at proofreading so thank you to anyone who are reading this and any comments will be highly appreaciated~! Thanks guys^^