Shopping for hours!

Friendship, Love and Jealousy.

After showering for the second time, as usual, I got out of the bathroom wearing the underwear and bra under my towel which was wrapped around my body.

"Do you want me to go out?" Max hyung asked as soon as he saw me step out with the towel, bra strap clearly visible on my shoulder.

"Oh please hyung. I'm already wearing what's most important. I don't care if you are in here or not." I opened my wardrobe, took out a pair of shorts which had the picture of Eminem on it and a simple black tank top and changed into them. I eyed hyung as I was dressing, his attention only at the enormous photo album in his hands, clearly not wanting to look in my direction till he was sure that I was done changing. I was expecting that. Both, his flustered face and the album. Once every week, whenever he had the chance, he would go through all the photographs that were present. The main reason for this behavior of his could be that every time he opened it there would be 5-8 pictures more than there were previously.

"You should change roads and go for this." Hyung tells me. Honestly, if I did not have the madness to become a singer, I would've taken up photography. My favorite thing, after my phone, definitely is the camera. I did not need for it to be a special occasion for me to take it out and start clicking pictures of anyone or anything. And they did come out well. When we have visitors at our house, the first thing they all notice are the two adjacent walls full of photo frames of different sizes, with pictures of my parents, friends, hyung, hyung's parents, poko- his dog and other random stuffs like nature, animals etc etc. They ask if we have a friend who's a photographer to which my parents laugh and tell that it is me who's taken all the pictures except the ones in which I'm present in.

Anyway, I tied my hair with the towel and stood in front of hyung.

"Come, Let's go down. I'm starving!!" I said and pulled him towards the door after he placed the album on the bed.

"Why didn't you eat in the morning?" He asked, annoyance clear in his voice.

"Well, if I sat down on this table for even a minute for breakfast today, we both would've been late to school."

We went down to the kitchen where my mother was ready with two plates full of Kimchi Bokkeumbap. Mmmm.. One of my favorite foods. She was about to take the plates to the dining table when I asked her to keep the plates here.

"We'll sit here and eat." I preferred eating at the kitchen table rather than in the dining room. We eat there only if some guests are at our place.

"Are you okay with that honey?" My mother asked hyung.

"Anywhere is fine aunty." He smiled at her.

"Okay then. Here you go." She gave hyung a plate and placed one in front of me.

"Extra spicy?" I asked.

"Extra spicy. I'm going to watch TV. If you need anything call me."

"Ok mom."

"How do you eat that stuff? I mean, its not that I can't tolerate that much chili, but really, aunty makes food spicier than anyone else. But still you want it even more spicy?" Even after being together for so many years he still couldn't digest the fact that my love for extra extra EXTRA spicy food would never die! Sometimes I make him eat from my plate just to give him a taste of what I eat, but after 3-4 bites he stops, unable to tolerate the heat. Over the years though he has gained a bit of experience and can last up to 6-8 bites. But it varies along with the food. I like some foods a little spicy and some others very spicy! And Kimchi Bokkeumbap has to be very spicy or else there's no fun in eating it.

"Try some hyung." I moved my plate towards his and he ate some.

"Hmm... It's spicier than mine, but I like mine better. And I need some water." He got up from his chair and went over to the fridge to get a water bottle. He poured some water into the glass and drank it. I motioned my hand towards the glass asking him to give me a sip of the water and he handed me the glass and I took a drink from it.

"Awww! You  guys kissed! Indirectly, yes, but you both kissed! How cuuuuute!" My mom screamed so loud that I sprayed the water that was in my mouth, thankfully, on the floor and not all over the food.

"MOM!/AUNTY!" Both me and hyung screamed in shock.

"________, you okay?" Hyung asked me, as I was coughing and glaring at my mom.

"Yeah... Yeah.. I'm okay." I said between coughs.

"Oh sweetie, I know this is your favorite food but you should be careful. Chew properly and swallow."

"Oh please mom. It's not because of that! It's because of you."

"Because of me? How could it be because of me?" She asked me, acting as if she didn't know.

"You know what, never mind." At least she was not repeating it again.

"Ooooooohhh.. you mean the 'you both kissed' thing?" There. I knew she wouldn't let go of it so easily.

"Moooom! You're embarrassing me."

"Aunty. It was nothing. Besides, she does that all the time. I mean, she drinks from anyone's cup."

"Man, you guys don't even let me have fun." She pouted and I rolled my eyes.

"Weren't you watching TV or something?" I asked her. I wasn't annoyed and I know neither was hyung. Both of were used to these kinds of comments from our parents. Man, we can't be together without a comment on our 'couple-ness'.

"Okay. Okay. I'm going."

Both hyung and I returned to our seats to finish the food after I cleaned up the water on the floor.

"The usual." I said.

"The usual." He replied. We were just used to it.

"........"

"................"

"..............."

"...................."

"............."

".......................Hm! I almost forgot! I want to go to the mall. Wanna get some stuff. You'll come along." That wasn't a question. It was a statement.

"Hmm.. sounds good to me." After I finished eating, I washed my plates and cleaned up the table and stood in front of hyung.

"Okay! Let's go!"

"Your going out with that?" He said looking at me up and down.

"Why? What's wrong with these clothes?"

"Be a girl at least sometimes! Or at least pretend to be a girl and think about your appearance once in while!" He said slightly annoyed.

"Okay okay, fine whatever!" I said and went to my bedroom to change.

"Aish.. that guy." I muttered as I took out a pair of dark blue jeans and a black tank top. I wore them and picked out a pair of black high top shoes. Before leaving my room I reached for the Dr. Dre headphones, which was on the dressing table, that hyung gifted me last Christmas and placed it around my neck with my phone in the left pocket of my jeans. I went down and stood behind hyung, who was busy talking with mom.

"Hm?" I made noise to make hyung aware of my presence.

He turned back to look at me. Well mostly at my clothes.

"Now that's better!" He said. "Doesn't she look much better in girly clothes?" He exaggerate on the 'girly'. Purposely, ofcourse.

"Not gonna work hyung, I'm used to it, hyung. Besides, this is not girly." I rolled my eyes and said looking down at my clothes. "So, watever! Can we go now?"

"Alright then. Aunty, I'll be leaving now."

"Oh, leaving already? You'll be staying overnight, right son? "

"I don't know, aunty. If your daughter doesn't decide to throw me out, then I'll stay over!" He looked at me then winked at my mom, who giggled like a teen. Seriously? Ugh.

"If your little flirting session is over, can we leave already?" I said, half way out of my house.

"She's just jealous cause she knows I think you're more prettier than her!" Ugh. Anymore of this and I'm gonna puke for sure.

"Oh please, I don't care." I started walking without looking back.

"I'm going, aunty. I don't want her to get pissed. Haha! Hey ________! Hey! Hey! Wait up!... Awww come on! We were just kidding, you know that!" He put his right around my neck, pulling me towards his chest and ruffled my hair. "Besides, your mom is pretty....but, you are my little beauty!" He tightened the hug and I simply rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time. I opened my mouth to say something  but decided to simply push hyung away and stick my tongue at him.

The mall is only about 20 minutes away on foot so we both walked to it as usual.

"Why do you even wear that?" He asked looking at the spiky band I wore on my right hand.

"I'm wearing it to show the world that I'm still boyish!"

He opened his mouth to say something but let it go.

It didn't seem like it took 20 minutes to reach the mall, well, how would it, we both were busy with our argument over my boyish-ness. No, not the fight type of argument. No. This was a usual thing, so it's like a friendly argument.

"... no but seriously, you need to stop or at least be a less boyish... You know, if you continue to be like this, then you wont have a boyfriend... Wait, but you can have a girlfriend. I mean you are boyish right..." He laughed at his own comment.

"Hyung, I'm straight, K? I like boys. I like guys." I said glancing at him for a split second.

"Yeah, you like guys. But, you like girls too. Why else would you try to be such a boy?" He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Hyung. I. am. not. biual." I emphasized each word with a poke to his chest.

"Ow ow ow!"

"Tsk. Such a drama queen you are."

"Me and drama? Puh-leese!"

"Wat-ever! AE first?" I asked walking towards the American Eagle Outfitters. We mostly visit that store first whenever we come here, to the 360 mall.

"Yeah...... Wait. That means you like some guy?" He gasped. "You didn't tell me." He continued with a low voice.

"No hyung! Come on! I was just saying that. I don't like anyone. If I did, you would be the first person to know." I gave him an assuring smile.

"Who knows? Maybe you do like someone and you just don't wanna tell this useless dude here." He said with a sad tone. Faking it or no, I couldn't really say. But probably faking it. Yeah, faking it. Why would he be sad? Right?

"Hyuuuung, come on, you know you not useless. You're my best friend! And I don't need no guy. I have you. No guy can take your place. Ever." I gave him a quick hug as we walked into the store. He mumbled something I couldn't catch.

"What?"

"Nothing." I raised an eyebrow but the brushed it off.

When hyung and I shop, we take hours. I choose some clothes for him, he chooses some for me, we choose some for ourselves and take all the items with us to the fitting rooms. I go in one and he goes in another one and we come out at the same time and comment on each others clothes.

After spending more than 5 hours at American Eagle, Calvin Klein, Adidas, Diesel, Mango, Converse, Lacoste and Reebok, we both were ready to head home with 5 huge bags in each hand. Since the bags were heavy, we decided to take a cab to my house. But just as I was about to get into the cab that pulled over, hyung said he had to go to pee. So now I was in the cab with all the shopping bags, waiting for him to come.

High High I'm so High, High High up in the--

That's my phone.

"Hello?.... Oh, hi aunty. How are you?.... I'm good too.... Yes aunty, hyung is with me. Actually he was with me but he wanted to go to the washroom. Why don't you call on his cell?..... Oh, really? Hmm.. well do you have a message for him? Or I'll tell him to call you when he's back.... Ok aunty... alright... Buh-bye! Take care. "

"Hey!"

"Hey! What took so long?"

"Who were you talking to?"

"Your mom. Why is your phone switched off?"

"Battery low. What did she say?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to make sure where you were. You wanna call her?"

"Nah. It's k."

"Where to kids?" The cab driver asked us.

"We live near the Mövenpick Ice cream parlor, uncle." Hyung replied.

".... What took you so long?" I asked him for the second time. He turned to me, looking annoyed before turning his gaze towards the other direction.

"....... I went to the washroom. Can I not take my own time to pee?"

"...... Sorry." No one takes 10 minutes to pee. Well, whatever. I donno what's up with hyung these days... He gets kinda off-mood easily. May be I annoy him with my questions. Yeah, may be it's coz of me. I pouted at the thought and looked away from hyung.

"We're here kids." The driver uncle said when we were near the parlor.

"Just go a little bit front and then to the left." Hyung replied.

"Here kid?"

"Yes. Thank you." Hyung paid him and got out with some bags and I got out with some.

I tried opening the door, but it was locked. That's strange. My parents usually sat in the garden in the evening everyday but they were not the today. May be they went out. Thankfully, I had a spare key. I opened the door and walked in. Yea, I was right. They left a note in the Kitchen:

We're going out for dinner with Changmin's parents.
You and hyung can order or make something to eat.
Don't wait for us, we'll be late.
See ya!
-Mom

Hmm... may be that's why hyung's mom called. Hyung tagged along with me to my room and dropped the bags in a corner along with my bags. This was getting really awkward. It was so silent.

"Do you wanna--" We both asked at the same time and smiled.

"You say--" Again. We started laughing slightly.

"Ok, I'll---" We were laughing badly now.

"Ok, I'll say. Do you wanna wash up first or should I go?" I asked.

"You go."

"Ok."

It didn't take long for my body wash. I came out soon and in went hyung with his towel. I wore my SpongeBob pajama and sat on the bed, with my knees close to my chest, waiting for hyung. He didn't take long either. Soon enough, he came out with the towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping from his hair.

"Your clothes, take it from the closet."

"Hn."

He picked a pair of shorts and a thin loose T-shirt to wear. And sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Where's the charger?"

"There." I pointed to where it was and he plugged his phone to it.

"......"

"......."

"......."

"........" I sighed. "What do you wanna eat?" I asked him.

"Donno. What do you wanna eat?" He asked.

"Donno. Order or Make?"

"I think we should order something."

"Yeah, I don't feel like making something either. Pizza?"

"Pizza."

I took my phone and dialed the number to pizza hut ordering a medium pepperoni pizza and a BBQ chicken salad.

"Wanna watch Harry Potter?" I asked after I kept the phone.

"OK."

I put in the DVD and switched on the TV and sat on my bed again. 15 minutes into the movie, I heard the doorbell, so I rushed downstairs with my wallet and opened the door to see Minsoo, also know as C.A.P according to his name tag, standing with a pizza hut bag in his hand and a balloon in the other.

"Hi ______!" He smiled.

"Hi Minsoo hyung! How are you?" I smiled back.

"I'm doing well. Here's your order.... and here's a balloon." He said shyly. Oh, this guy was cute!

"Oh, Thank you. Come in." I asked.

"No, not today. I have more work. But thanks."

"Here's your money. You sure? Not even for a glass of water or something?"

"No, thanks. But next time surely." He gave me a big smile before turning around to leave.

"Bye! Thanx for the balloon!"

"Bye! Your welcome!"

I closed the door and turned around to see hyung standing near the kitchen.

"Oh, hyung! , you scared me."

"I came to see what took you so long. Why was he here?"

"Who? Minsoo? To deliver the pizza of course! Why else would he be here?" I walked up the stairs with the bag in my hand.

"Get two glasses, will you?" I continued without looking back.

Once in the room, I took the boxes out of the bag and placed it on the bed and started eating while staring at the TV. What? I'm hungry! Mmmm... I love this. Hyung came in and placed the glasses on the small table beside my bed and sat down to pick up a piece of the pizza.

"Why is he the only who comes to deliver the pizza? Whenever I order pizza to my house different guys come. And why were you inviting him in? What if he had something bad in his head? What if I wasn't here and you were alone? Who would come to protect you then? What if--mmmkkddcjkjcfcno vovjowvfewkmmmfskfd--" I shoved the slice of pizza in his mouth.

"You think too much. Shut up and enjoy the pizza..... and the movie."

"Hmph." He pouted at the TV.

"Why did he bring you a balloon this time? Last time you ordered a kids meal for yourself so it was ok. But why this time?"  Aish this guy! Can't shut up for 5 minutes!

"He brings me a balloon everytime I order something." I said looking at the balloon he brought me and smiled.

"Why?" He asked, annoyed.

"I donno. May be he gives one to everyone." I stated simply.

After that he didn't bring up the topic. I glanced at the clock hanging on the opposite wall, 12:30. Hmm... my parents would take longer than that. Me and hyung were not feeling sleepy yet so we decided to final destination 4 and 5 after Harry potter, but more than watching we ended up talking about our friends, family, future lives and well hyung's problems with the pizza guy. Sometime, late night I woke up to the noise of my door opening, mom came into the room to check what we were doing. Apparently we had been sleeping with the TV on and no blanket or anything.

"...Mmm.. Mom.... what time...is it?" I asked trying my best to speak out the words.

"It's 2:45, honey. Go back to sleep." She replied putting the blanket around me and hyung.

"Mmm." I tried to say ok but didn't feel like opening my mouth so made a noise of approval instead and turned around to face hyung. I snuggled closer to him and placed my left leg and arm around him and went back to the world of dreams once again.


Subscribe & Comment!