Are You Really Here, Love?

Happy Birthday, Love

Despite being the shorter one, she reached from his behind to cover his eyes.

“Omo~ Who is that?”

She chuckled lightly before saying, “I’m here to kidnap you. You are nowhere to run~”

“Is that so? Then I would like to have some food please. I am so hungry Ms. Kidnapper.”

His voice cooed at the petite structure struggling to keep her laughs off and maintaining her hands on his eyes. She pushed him into the elevator and took her hands off his eyes.

“Urggh, you are such a beanpole!”

She groaned at her hands that were beginning to ache as she was straining to close his eyes from his back. No need to say how tall Jung Yunho is to begin with.

“Maybe you should pick someone of your size to kidnap ajhumma.”

A mehrong to him.

“Now this is getting more of a hassle by time, so come here my boy.”

She pulled his necktie and blindfolded his eyes with her scarf that was around her neck.

“I can’t keep going around with my hands around your eyes, you might see things like where are we headed to.”

“As if I don’t know~ pfftt~”

They waited in silence till they reached the said floor. It was Yunho’s apartment they were headed to.

“You know, if I don’t know you any better I would have thought you are seducing me or something.”

“Aiisshhh~ is that the only thing in your mind? Pfft~ such a ert~”

“How long does it take to reach my floor? Why is it taking so long?”

“Shut up~ You are not allowed to say anything ajhusshi. He felt her finger pressing on his lips. He shook his head lightly and stood the boringly waiting for the “ding” to be heard.”

DING~

When the elevator opened both of them went out with her hands holding his hand, guiding him to wherever she was headed to. She walked him to a certain distance and stopped abruptly making his body to hit hers suddenly.

“Yaahh~ Can’t you tell me before you stop?” He felt her hands roaming on his body looking for something.

“Yah~ What are you doing?” He gulped at her hands that were feeling his body. They were leaving goosebumps behind wherever they went.

“Shut it. I’m looking for the keys.”

“You should just ask me pabo~”

He put his hands into his blazer and gave her the keys.

“Why are you doing all this anyway? It’s not even our anniversary.”

Doing a mental math in his brain, he calculated there were still about few months for it.

Anniversary? Huh~ always in your own business world till you forget what’s tomorrow~

He heard the door clicked and they entered the house together where he could smell something very homely and welcoming~

“Ms Kidnapper is that food that I smell?”

“Ms Kidnapper?”

---> >.< <---

He called her and realized he was standing in the living room with his eyes closed, hands stretched out reaching for someone or maybe something.

As soon as he opened his eyes the welcoming smell that was wafting in the air just a moment ago was completely gone.

Reality hit him hard as he sat on the floor of his apartment. Jieun is not here. Tears escaped his eyes at the things that happened last year. It is his birthday tomorrow and Jieun was not here to celebrate it with him.

His wife was nowhere to be seen in the house and the house was filled with her memories, their memories.

“I don’t deserve you, Jieun ah~ I made you cry, I hurt you.. I don’t ever deserve you, but will you accept me back after all this time?”

“Baby, you misunderstood things but I know it was my mistake too.”

It has been a year since his wife went missing. She went missing after knowing that he had an affair with his gym partner. The truth hit her right on her face when she saw Yunho and her in a very compromising situation.

Jieun was married to Yunho by their parents just for the sake of their family business. **i know, boring boring** They did not like each other at all to begin with. But once they began to live in the same house things started to change. They never admitted to each other but they knew there was something going on between them. Things started to change when he fell sick once and being a good wife, she took care of him.

Since then the always-argument-filled-dinners were filled with pleasant talks and laughter. Yunho found himself again, his business begun to be successful. He was happy, he realized the presence of Jieun in his life had a special positive effect on him and his life.

He could finally be himself to her and he found her simple presence was enough for him. And as for Jieun there is no denial she fell for her husband all along their short journey in marriage. She could trust him and she did trust him from all her heart.

Yunho was still in contact with his ex though he realized his feelings for Jieun. But unable to bear the guilt for his loving wife, he once called his girlfriend to end it all and that’s when Jieun showed up randomly for the first time bringing him lunch to his office.

A thud sound was heard as the lunch she took so long to prepare came into contact with the floor at the shocking sight in front of her. Her husband was kissing another woman in his office.

Of course that wasn’t what Yunho had planned when he was talking to his ex. She suddenly pulled him towards her and kissed him roughly. When he was trying to get away from the kiss was when his beloved wife saw them.

~~~

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Yunho shake off the painful memories that he always regretted and wiped off the tears that were flowing down his cheeks.

He was never the same man since then. Since she left him even without a single word. And even worse, she didn’t wait for his explanation.

“Will you listen to me only once? Please, my love?”

“I love you so much. I couldn’t bear the hurtful look you had on your face that day.”

Knock knock..

Wondering who would come to his house at this hour, Yunho walked lazily towards the door and opened it.

“J.. Jieun ah~ is that you?”

Yes standing before him at his door was the woman who had haunted him all day and night. Who haunted his reality and dreams.

“Yunho..”

Mouth still agape, Yunho stood there not knowing whether this is really happening or if this was simply his hallucination.

He was not sure but he thought he saw her eyes teary.

“Can I..”

Before she finished whatever she wanted to say, *poooofff*

He engulfed her in a tight embrace.

Arms came crushing her petite structure into his body. She immediately broke down at the arms around her frail figure.

He never realized when he began to breathe hard and at the same time, he realized his breathing was getting heavier and harder.

“I.. *breath hard* Love you, Jieun ah..”

She stood there without returning the hug when Yunho loosened the hug and held her wrist.

“I'm sorry. Come in..”

 He pulled her inside his house and locked the door.

Pushing her on the door her hugged her once again as he couldn’t bear the distance between them when they are so close to each other.

Slowly he felt her reaching out her arms, wounding it around his waist and sobbed silently.

“Baby, why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere?”

She shook her head.

“You must be hurt rite? It must have hurt rite?” he could barely hear her crying-voice.

“I'm sorry, Yunho. I didn’t give you a chance to redeem yourself. A chance to explain your condition. Instead I ran away.”

“Baby..” he tried to say but he was cut by her when she moved away from his warm hug.

“I ran because I thought you hated me when I loved you sincerely. I ran because I was a coward. I can’t take it if you were to tell me that you want me gone from your life. I was afraid I’d lose you forever. I didn’t know what I thought on the way back that day. I was confused, so I ran. I ran away so that I wouldn’t have to face the word divorce from you.”

“I was a coward and when I found you are an innocent months ago, I felt even worst. I couldn’t look at my face in the mirror. I couldn’t bring myself to come and see you, to say sorry and to live you once and for all. I didn’t know how to fix this when I’m..”

“Shh… Baby, its my mistake. Not yours. You..”

“No Yunho. It must have hurt rite? Your heart.. I’m so sorry. “ her sobs turned into cries and her tears began to flow heavier.

Yunho pushed her on the door and stood so close to hear that they could hear each other’s furious heart beats. His piercing gaze was fixed on her eyes and his hands held her shoulder tightly reminding her to look into her eyes.

“Listen here, Jung Jieun. I love you. I love you so much and after all this I still love you. I am still waiting for you. Please don’t leave me. I can’t live without you anymore. I don’t know how to live without you anymore, baby..”

“But I’ve hurt you with my actions. I can’t forgive myself when..”

Ummpp.

Their lips touched each others’ breaking the wall that was shielding them away from each other. Her body shuddered in tears and began to shake as she cried in the kiss. This time Yunho felt her small petite hands caressing his face, his hair in their kiss.

She felt the huge burden in her heart lifted away. She had no idea if the man above her will forgive her or not when she decided to pay him a visit and apologize since it was his birthday the next day.

“I always waited for you and will always be waiting for you even if you didn’t show up here tonight.” He was breathing hard as he whispered those words into her ears.

“Let’s forget everything and live happily now Jieun ah.. I need you.. I really really need you, baby..”

“Honestly, I don’t know how to live without you, Yunho.. This one year was a hell for me.. I almost took my life in guilt. But you were there..”

“You came to my dreams every night and tell me you love me as I love you.”

She leaned onto his lips for a kiss. “You kissed me in my dreams every night.”

“As I shall kiss you every single night from now on. Not in your dreams but for real.”

“Lets start anew shall we, Jung Jieun?”

She nodded in tears at him.

“I didn’t get the chance to propose to you because you know we were arranged to get married. But, now I want to ask you, will you spend the rest of your life with me, Jieun? Will you take this silly man as your husband?”

The clock struck twelve.

“Yes.” Tears flowed down her cheeks continuously again. That was all she could do, there were a million things she wanted to tell him tonight, but looking into his warm chocolate orbs, she could see he understood whatever she wanted to say and she could see the love he had for her.

He pulled her again for a hug and held her tightly close to his body. Happily sighing at the thought of his wife was back in his life.

“And Yunho?”

“Hmm, baby?”

“Happy birthday, love.”

“This is the best birthday gift I’ve ever had, baby.”

He leaned onto her lips once again, devouring her lips confident that he will never let go of it ever again. He will never let go of her ever again.

 


This was not what I intended to be the ending at first but the mood set in suddenly~ I'm sorry if it did not reach your expectations and i know this is too short even for my liking but I couldnt put much feelings for this ending maybe because I was too hyped up for the second ending~

Im sorry if this doesnt suit your taste ending but hope you'll stay with me for the second ending which will be much longer and better I guess. 

Stay tuned~