Toucher

Revenir

“Yooo” You answered, not even checking the caller ID.

Hey, where are you?” Kris asked. You could recognise his mumbling any time.

“Um, on the bus back home from school.” You answered.

“Ok. Get off on the next stop, we’re going to the Han river- Hey Jaeri Noona!” Sehun snatched the phone from Kris. “Give the phone back, you twit. Text me your location. Bye!” And the line went dead. You sighed before ringing the bell and getting off and texting Kris the address of your whereabouts. You whipped out your lecture notes to read while waiting for him. Your exams were coming up in 2 weeks and you really shouldn’t be going to the Han river, so you planned on telling Kris that you were gonna pass.

 

It has been a while since the Exo boys became your neighbours and you were getting used to it. But what’s there to get used to? You didn’t get to seem them much as you thought you would. There were days where they would get back at as late as 5a.m. and days where they didn’t even come home. On nights when they got back just past midnight, either Kris, Chen or Baekhyun would bring you some supper to snack on while studying. With your exams coming up, that would be the time your stomach would grumble and also the time you needed a break from all that late night mugging.

Although you have gotten close to all the K members, you were noticeably closer to Baekhyun. After that flirting episode, you realised Baekhyun was actually just a humorous guy. His outgoing personality made him a very fun person to hang out with and you really enjoyed his company. He was one to never fail to make you laugh. Both of you would crack jokes and tease the members together. Chen also got more protective with you, whenever he sees you and Baek to "stay away from his girl".

 

“Get in, nerd.” You looked up from your book and saw Kris in the driver’s seat. You were so engrossed that you didn’t notice the black van that stopped in front of you. The door slid open and Baekhyun stretched his hand out and offered a seat on his lap since the van was full. You took his hand and sat on his lap. Baekhyun put his hands on your waist so you could sit comfortably.

“NO FAIR! Why is Jaeri sitting on Baekhyun!” Chen whined from the last row.

You chuckled.  “Do you wanna sit on Baekhyun, Chenchen? It’s not that comfortable though.”

Chen sulked and Baek shot you a look, “HEY! Sit on Kai then!"

Kai who was sitting next to the both of you immediately protested. "My legs would break!!!" You gasped and smacked him with your lecture notes. "Just kidding noona." Kai smiled sheepishly. Everybody laughed, so did Baekhyun as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

“Anyway, Kris! Drop me back home, I need to be studying!”

“No more studying, Jae. You need a break! You’ve been either at school or cooped up at home, burying your head in your books for hours straight! It’s not healthy! You’re going to the river with us and it’s final.” Kris said with his eyes on his road.

“But I’m not even dressed properly!” You were wearing a skater skirt, definitely not ideal when it’s so windy by the river.

Nice try, I packed clothes and brought your skateboard.”

You sulked and cross your arms. Honestly, you were thankful that Kris invited you. You knew you needed the break but you felt that you needed to argue against it for the sake of it or the guilt would eat you alive and you wouldn’t be able to enjoy yourself later on. Thank God for your best friend.

It was past 4p.m., you spent your entire day in school and you were worn out. Baekhyun noticed this and told you to get some rest. You nodded and leaned your head against the back of the front seat that Luhan was sitting on. But the bumpy ride kept causing you to hit your head so you gave up. You looked around in the car and saw most of the members trying to catch a rest as well, the poor boys must have been twice as worned out as you.

You looked out the window to admire the Seoul streets. But Baekhyun suddenly titled you slightly towards the door and positioned you such that your head rested comfortably on his right shoulder, which somewhat reminded you of the times you fell asleep in your mom’s arms during road trips. You looked at him with a grateful smile. He smiled back and whispered to you, “We still have a long way to go, try to catch a power nap.”