Pilote

Revenir

“Where are you going, Kwon Jaeri?” Kris asked in a tone that very much reminded you of your father.

 

You rolled your eyes and replied, “Shopping. And you’re my best friend, not my dad. Quit being a pain in the .”


“What did you say?” Kris walked over you and slung you over his shoulders and tickled your feet. You really didn’t want to but you couldn’t help but squeal.

 

“OKOK, put me down.” You managed to say between giggles. The moment your feet touched the ground, you frowned at him, “You know how much I hate it when you do that.”

 

“Yeah but you love me anyway.” He said and ruffled your hair. “Have fun, do you have money?” Now, that’s what a best friend should be like.

 

You smirked, “I could always do more.” Without a word, he took out his wallet from his back pocket. “I was just kidding, you idiot. God, if you had a girlfriend you would be declared bankrupt in a day. Anyway, I’ll probably be back late tonight, so I don’t think I’ll be able to meet the K members tonight. But if you guys don’t have a schedule in the morning, I just may be able to catch them.” You rattled as you put on your Chuck Taylors.

 

Kris nodded, “Don’t be back too late! 11pm latest! And no boys-”

 

Bye, love you!” You rolled your eyes and slammed the door before he could finish talking. There he goes again, acting like he’s your dad.

 

That was you and your best friend for you. Yes, he's a dude, you're a chick. No, definitely not in love with each other and never will be. And yes, he happens to be one of the members of Exo, the newest killer boy band in the k-pop scene. He’s a pain in the , but he’s your pain in the , you know?

Recently, their company decided for both subgroups (K and M) to promote together as one in Korea. So they had the M members fly down and bunk in with the K members. But the old K dorm was way too small to fit all 12 members so SMent had to go sourcing for bigger apartments. However, the prices of the houses nearer to the city were getting a little pricey recently, and being the stingy, oops scratch that, thrifty businessmen the people at SMent were, they had to had to broaden their options and source again.

 

When Kris heard about this, he didn’t hesitate to suggest the little street you were living in, since you’ve mentioned about the cheap rent before. So, SM managed to buy the penthouse of the building you were living in. And the boys were scheduled to move in tonight. Agh, me and my big mouth. The once quiet and peaceful street is about to be bombarded by loitering fangirls. You sighed, you couldn’t blame Kris though. You were actually more than happy that you were going to be able to see him easily now.

 

You’ve grown so attached to Kris over the past years that being apart from him for 6 months was a little of a struggle. From when you guys were studying together in America, to when he became a trainee and when he finally debuted. All those years, you stuck onto him like a pesky post-it note. You even lived with the M members for the years you were there with him until you flew back to Korea half a year ago. You decided that you couldn’t put off your studies any longer and that it was time to continue pursuing your Bachelor’s at Seoul National U. And so, you found this apartment that was only an hour bus ride away from your school.


You took a seat at the bus stop, taking in a deep breath and appreciating the low noise level. Better love it while you can since all that’s about to change now that the boys are moving here huh.