oo4

Machine

Hey Kyungsoo, I haven't seen you in a while.” Chanyeol smiled turning his chair around.

I was here last week.”

Last week, last night, that's a long time to me.” Chanyeol's deep laugh being heard by the whol office.

Have you heard about the new Machine?” Baekhyun said out of the blue popping out from underneath Chanyeol's desk. “I heard they're only giving out a few prototypes. They seem pretty interesting if you ask me.”

You know I don't like Machines.” Kyungsoo mumbled. “But the prototype is okay actually. Pretty helpful.” He said biting his lip hoping the couple didn't hear his last few words. Looking up he sees Chanyeol and Baekhyun grinning at him.

You do have one. What is it like?”

He.”

What is he like?”

Helpful. Now get off my back.” Kyungsoo grumbled as he turned back to his computer and started working ignoring the giggles coming from his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at his watch Kyungsoo didn't notice it was getting late.

Better get going. I'll see you two in a few days.” He said waving goodbye to his two friends who were currently making out inside of Chanyeol's office with Baekhyun straddled on his lap.

See – you – Soo.” Chanyeol said between kisses as Kyungsoo walked out their department.

Being at a high-paid programming network paid great amounts when at a higher amount. This also meant working part-time for Kyungsoo. Working part-time let him not see his two best friends making out every hour or so which gets annoying to Kyungsoo.

Walking out the building a few drops of rain fall on the ground. Kyungsoo ran towards the train station and runs inside the train that was starting to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~

After around thirty minutes of riding the train through a million drops of water Kyungsoo finally reached his stop. It was raining pretty hard, hopefully Jongin was okay in his apartment.

As he walked outside the train station he sees a figure sitting down on one of the benches. Poor fellow, he looks like he's been sitting there for hours. Kyungsoo walked towards the figure's direction just in time to see the figure's face.

Jongin!” Kyungsoo yelled as he ran towards the Machine. “What are you doing out here? It's pouring out here. What if you short-circut?” He said as Kai shrugged.

I wanted to walk you home.” The Machine pursed his lips. “Apparently, you were a bit late.”

I-I'm sorry, I didn't know you would actually wait for me.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he looked at Kai in the eyes. His dark brown eyes mesmerizing, his black hair sticking onto his forewhead. “Let's go home.” He said as he takes Kai's hand in his.

The male and Machine walked through the streets underneath the drops of water hand-in-hand until they reached Kyungsoo's home.

They were drenched and with Kai's white t-shirt sticking on his body didn't help the situation in Kyungsoo's opinion. The human's eyes were glued to Kai's torso, it was well sculpted. Feeling his cheeks redden Kyungso cleared his throat.

You better go and get dried up before you short-circut or something.” Kyungsoo said.

I don't short-circut. I can do things like take showers as well. So don't worry.” Kai replied with a reassuring smile. “But you should go and shower so you don't get sick.”

Oh, okay thanks.” Kyungsoo smiled as he walked towards the restroom and slides his clothes off and the shower. As he stepped inside thoughts suddenly popped in his head.

Why was Kai waiting for him at the train station? Why did he even care where he was? Machines aren't supposed to feel anything, they're just pieces of metal that have intelligence.

Drips of water rolled of his skin as he thought to himself. He was pulled out of his thoughts as he heard knocking on the door. “Yes?” He asked, turning off the shower.

Oh, I was worried. You've been in there for a while. I thought something had happened to you.” Kyungsoo hears Kai say through the wooden door. He was worried?

I'll be out. Just wait a few minutes.” Kyungsoo replied, wrapping a towel around his hips and unlocking the door.

Kyungsoo walked out the door to be greeted by Kai who already laid out his clothes for him. “While I was waiting, I just decided to take out your favorite pair of pajamas. I did the laundry while you were at work.” Kai said as he walked towards Kyungsoo then stayed still. The human heard the Machine inhale and exhale. “You-you smell like vanilla.” He mumbled as he walked out the room, leaving Kyungsoo speechless.

He slipped on his pajamas then brought his arm towards his nose, taking in the scent. Blinking, he realized. He did smell like vanilla, he wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Kyungsoo walked out of his room and saw Kai sitting on the couch, he was flipping through the channels with a sigh leaving his lips. “So many people hate me.” He mumbled. “Other machines hate me. They all say I'm unnatural and I should just sit there and rust.” Hearing his from Kai broke his heart.

Why'd you think that?” He asked, walking towards Kai on the sofa and sitting next to him.

They told me. They think I stand out too much. People think I'm an abomination.” He pouted as he blew on strands of hair that covered his eyes. “I know you hate me too, Kyungsoo.” He says, turning his head, looking at Kyungsoo in the eyes. “You're DNA says it. I know it's an emotion, but I just feel it. The hatred you have towards Machines and how you think we're just scraps of metal that have an unnatural intelligence.”

K-Kai.” Kyungsoo frowned as he hesitently moved his hand on Kai's hand, then intertwining it with the Machine's. “That was before. You're different.”

Different.” Kai repeated. “Other's don't think I'm different. They think I'm the same as the other machines. Heartless. But maybe I am.” He whimpered as he bottom lip quivered. His eyes getting watery. Kyungsoo looked at Kai with facination, tears were in his eyes. That's only a humane emotion.

You have emotions.” Kyungsoo finally states. “Joonmyeon told me that you have emotions like any other humans. But I think he forgot to mention the ability of teleportation.” He hummed. “But Kai, you're different from the other Machines. You're more human. You have the ability to love, to feel what humans feel with each other.” Kyungsoo added, he felt Kai gently squeeze his hand.

Thank you Kyungsoo.” He smiled as he leaned towards Kyungsoo's forehead and kissed it, making the human's cheeks redden. “Now, you don't have work tomorrow, do you?” Kyungsoo shook his head. “Good.” Kai smirked.

Why?”

Nothing, there's food on the table, I cooked it thirty minutes ago.” He announced as Kyungsoo nodded and walked towards the dining table where he ate the meal Kai deliciously prepared for him.

------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated, kinda forgot about this story.

I've started other stories and yeah... well.

School's also been in the way, and if you're still subscribed to this silly story.

I just want to say thank you, you don't even know how happy I am.

Thank you for having the patience to actually bare with months without updating this story at all.

Funny thing, I actually had half the chapter done, but I never finished it.

I'll try to update soon, but I can't guarantee it it'll be quick.

Sorry this chapter was a bit boring and short. I just wanted Kyungsoo to finally realize Kai has feelings a human does.

I hope you guys with be patient with this story. I love you guys!

You can always read my other stories~~

Please comment on what you think. That really helps me try to find more time to update and not be lazy.