oo1

Machine

"Kyungsoo, stay strong for me, okay?" His mother said to him with her last dying breath.

"I'll try." Kyungsoo sobbed as he held his mother's hand tighter than before. "Please, don't leave me."

"Kyungsoo, I love you. Take care of yourself. Find your soul mate then I would be happy."

"I'll try, mother. I'll try my best." Kyungsoo sniffled as tears ran down his cheeks and onto his mother's face.

Kyungsoo sat there staring into his mother's face. The only person left in the world that cared about him, now gone. He felt depressed, he had no one left to go to. It would be hard for him to move on and find a lover. He wasn't exactly the person who would want to be around other people.

"Mr. Do, it's time to leave." One of the nurses said to him as he turned around to see the human like features of what everyone calls, a Machine. They might look human, but they look too perfect to be one.

"Just give me one more minute." He sniffled as the Machine furrowed her eyebrows.

"There is no time. You have to leave now." She said emotionlessly while blinking her neon blue colored eyes. "You must leave now, Mr. Do."

"Fine." He sniffled as he looked at his mother's lifeless body touching her hand as he stood up.

"Thank you. Farewell." She said as Kyungsoo walked out the room to walk into a white, lonely hallway.

"I hate Machines." He mumbled as he walked through the white hallway almost bumping into someone.

"I'm sorry." The person said while Kyungsoo ignored him and walked away. "I'm sorry about your loss." As he said that Kyungsoo stopped and looked at the man.

"Thank you." He sighed as he retreated out the hospital with tears threatening to fall down his cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few months later...

Kyungsoo walked into his apartment that had everything anyone would want. Most of the people that knew him envied him for having everything. He was a smart man, he had a great job, but he wanted something others had. Someone to love, and someone who cared about him. That was something he wanted badly. He would trade his life for theirs.

Once in a while, he would leave his house to go to work, which he went to part time. But it paid a lot. He would often be with one of his friends Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They were both lovers. He envied them a lot.

He walked towards the living room and sat on the couch as he tapped the couch's armrest where the holographic remote would appear. He tapped the power button and watched the holographic televison appear from a small box infront of him.

The man sat there and decided to watch the news.

"There is now a new prototype for Machines. They are said to be much more human than the Machines we have now."

"Those things are useless." Kyungsoo mumbled as he decided to continue watching.

"With these prototypes only a few are going to be made. We don't know how they all work, but only a few people are going to get an opportunity to have the new prototype. They are also great if you're lonely or if you want someone to be with you."

"Who would actually get one of those?" He mumbled as a picture formed on the screen. Someone was calling him.

"Hey Kyungsoo." His friend said as his face formed on the holographic screen.

"Hey Joonmyeon." Kyungsoo replied. "What do you need?"

"Well, actually, I wanted to know if you can come to my office today. I want to show you something."

"What is it?"

"Well, not necessarily show you but to offer you something. Something, you might want."

"Tell me."

"We need someone to try out the new prototypes for the Machines."

"So, you want me to try one of the new Machines?"

"Exactly."

"I don't know. Those Machines are pretty useless to me."

"C'mon Kyungsoo. Please." Joonmyeon batted his eyes.

"Fine, I'll be there." Kyungsoo mumbled as he watched Joonmyeon smile brightly making his eyes into two cresents.

"See you here." He smiled as the video call ended.

"I hope nothing bad happens. So many things have happened this year already." Kyungsoo said to himself with a sigh as he picked up his car keys and walked down the garage to see his black car that he barely uses. Time to drive.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo finally arrived at the Kim's where Machines were formed. He walked out his car and into the front desk to see another Machine working.

"May I help you?" He asks as his brown eyes show a little bit of neon blue, showing a sign he was a Machine. He was another version of the Machines, he looks more human than others. There are more than one kind of Machine. Some you can't really tell unless you see their sign of an Machine. Other Machines or all of the Machines all have something in common. They are all heartless, pieces of metals made to look like humans.

"Yes, I was called by Kim Joonmyeon." Kyungsoo replies as he watches the Machine look at him and scan him with his eyes.

"Yes, you may enter." The Machine states as Kyungsoo walks towards one of the elevators. When entering the elevator, he presses the 20th floor where Joonmyeon's office was. As the elevator started, it went up slowly then it suddenly shoots up to the 20th floor within seconds.

Kyungsoo looks behind him to see a clear view of the city. Everything was going by so fast within seconds. He blinked to himself as he walked into the 20th floor to be greeted by Joonmyeon.

"Kyungsoo!" He hears as he watches Joonmyeon walking towards him. "I'm glad you showed up. Are you ready?" He asked as Kyungsoo simply nods. "Great, follow me."

He follows Joonmyeon through a series of hallways and doors to finally reach a white room with a white table and seat.

"Take a seat please and put your arms on the armrests." Joonmyeon says as Kyungsoo follows the simple orders. "Great." He smiles as he taps a button on the white table causing needles to stick out under Kyungsoo's wrists barely touching his skin. "This is going to hurt a little." Joonmyeon states as the needles dig into Kyungsoo's wrists taking out part of his DNA and making it go through a series of tubes. "Thanks Kyungsoo." He smiles as he presses the button to take out the needles from Kyungsoo's wrists.

"How much blood did you take?" Kyungsoo asked as he started to feel lightheaded.

"About a two pints or more."

"That's a lot."

"True, but we need enough for your Machine silly." He chuckled as he wrote down something on the white smooth table. "Oh, and I almost forgot, I need you to sign this." He said as he handed Kyungsoo a white clipboard. "I need you to sign this to prove that you agree to keeping this prototype."

"Okay." Kyungsoo said as Joonmyeon handed him a strange pen than soon punctured his fingers using his blood as ink. "Why so much blood?" He asked dazed.

"Sorry, no ink." Joonmyeon frowned. "No more taking out blood for now." He said as Kyungsoo nodded and stood up.

"When do I come back?" He asked.

"In a few weeks. I'll contact you."

"Okay." Kyungsoo replied trying to stand up properly.

"I'll get you some food." Joonmyeon said as he put Kyungsoo's arm around his shoulder for support.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Say, Kyungsoo. What do you think about Machines?" Joonmyeon asked as he watched Kyungsoo take a bite out of a sandwich.

"I don't like them." He replies easily.

"Howcome? You've never even had one."

"They say machines don't have any emotions. That they're just scraps of metal and gears covered with human-like features. They are heartless creations that are only meant to help, not change."

"But this prototype is different. You can have someone by your side. Especially when your mother left." Joonmyeon whispered. "He can help you, after all. I've noticed you don't go out as much like before. You've become trapped in your house, only leaving if you need something."

"Well, Joonmyeon, I don't need any stupid Machine helping me nor trying to change me."

"You've really changed. You've become more quieter." Joonmyeon frowned. "Have you taken your pills today?" He asked seriously.

"Yes sir." Kyungsoo replied as he finished his sandwich.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Take care on your way back home, Kyungsoo." Joonmyeon said as he waved goodbye to Kyungsoo.

"I will. Thanks." He replied as he started the car and yawned as he turned autodrive on. "Drive to home."

"Driving to home in aproximately 30 minutes." The car responds as Kyungsoo reclined the driver's seat and closed his eyes waiting for sleep to take over his body. It was his favorite thing to do anyway. Sleep.

He woke up inside the garage and walked out his car up to his room. As he walked up to his room he took a remote and pressed the button that would make the curtains close while he went under the bed's covers and slept wondering what the new Machine prototype would be like.

..........

I hope you guys like this chapter so far. it's a bit fluffy, but it has an introduction to Machines. please upvote/subscribe/comment if you like the story so far. Thank you ^^