oo2

Machine

Kyungsoo sat in his room writing in his notebook. His precious notebook of his thoughts that he could never tell anyone to. Not even his mother. He wrote neatly since he would always read the notebook when he would be bored.

As he was in the process of writing his emotions on paper his phone vibrated.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo spoke as he put the phone to his ear.

"Good morning Kyungsoo." He heard the voice say.

"What is it, Joonmyeon?" He asked clearly irritated. Kyungsoo wanted to finish writing his feelings. People always said it wasn't healthy to keep your emotions locked up. You should always have a way to set those emotions free. He did this through writing.

"He's ready."

"He?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Your Machine, or the prototype. You're the only one getting the prototype."

"What happened to having more than one person testing it?'

"Testing him, to be exact."

"Yes, him." He rolled his eyes. "What do you want me to do exactly?"

"I want you to take care of him as he will take care of you."

"Is he stable?"

"I have no information on that. That's why he's called a prototype, Kyungsoo."

"I see. I'll be there in thirty." Kyungsoo said as he hung up.

He sighed as he lied down on his bed taking in the comfort he would have to leave. After a few minutes of lying there he sat up and took off his jacket from the coat rack and walked to his garage where his car was parked.

As he sat inside his car he noticed he forgot to charge the car. Gasoline didn't exist anymore since they couldn't use fossil fuels anymore. So they started charging cars, like they were smart devices.

Kyungsoo sighed as he walked out through the front door. He walked a few blocks until he arrived at the train station. The train was crowded like usual.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm here to meet Dr. Kim." He stated to the Machine working at the front desk.

"Do Kyungsoo?" The Machine named, Chen replied.

"Yes sir." Kyungsoo said as Chen stared at him and blinked a few times, scanning Kyungsoo.

"Alright, you may go." He said as he went back to doing his work.

The man walked towards the elevator where he pressed the twentieth button. After pressing the button the elevator was shot up within a second and then opened with Joonmyeon waiting for him.

"I'm glad you're here." He smiled. "Follow me."

Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon passed through a series of bright white hallways until they reached their destination.

"You can go in, I'll be with you shortly." Joonmyeon said as he opened the door for Kyungsoo.

As the man walked in he saw another man, most likely the new Machine for him on a bed with tubes and wires connected to his body. He noticed in the red tubes red fluids ran through. He inspected the Machine who was sleeping peacefully, or maybe he wasn't. Maybe he wasn't even alive yet. The Machine's chest rose and fell as Kyungsoo heard the soothing sounds of the Machine's breath.

Kyungsoo was always a curious one. He decided to walk closer to the Machine and poke it's hand. Within a second the Machine's eyes opened. It had brown eyes, it didn't have any other color with it. It just flashed white then back to normal. The Machine stared at Kyungsoo and blinked. Kyungsoo was shocked and stepped back a few steps to bump into someone.

"Look's like he's awake." He heard Joonmyeon say.

"Thank goodness you're here." Kyungsoo breathed. "I thought something bad was going to happen."

"No worries, he's harmless. Now Kyungsoo, let me introduce you to Machine 60776379."

"Does he have another name?" Kyungsoo asked amazed at the Machine.

"Yes, it's Kai."

"Kai." He mumbled as he turned around and faced Joonmyeon. "Say, what's in those tubes?"

"Your blood." Joonmyeon simple replied.

"M-my blood?"

"Yes, he has a part of your DNA so he can understand you better, and also act more human. He's actually the only Machine that took in the blood well. Other prototypes didn't and it didn't really end well." Joonmyeon said as his lips formed into a line. "It's like it was meant to be for you."

"Yeah, maybe." Kyungsoo said as he stared into the Machine's eyes.

"From now on, he will be your companion. He acts one hundred percent human. You'll forget he's a Machine. Since he was able to cope with the human or your blood the more likely he will have human feelings."

"What kind of feelings?" Kyungsoo asked curious.

"Human feelings. For example, anger, sadness, maybe even form feelings for a human. We found out in some tests that he is perfectly stable for you, Kyungsoo. So no worries about getting harmed. Just take care of him like a porcelain doll, and he will take care of you. Understood?"

"Yes sir." Kyungsoo said as he looked back at his Machine who fell back asleep. He watched Joonmyeon walk towards the Machine and tap a small glass table next to him. It showed a hologram, what the hologram had, Kyungsoo had no idea.

"Seems that he hasn't took in all the blood yet. Is it alright it you wait for a while?"

"Yeah, sure."

"You can stay here if you want, or you can go to the waiting room."

"No, it's fine. I can manage waiting here. About how long do I have to wait?"

"Let's see." Joonmyeon mumbled as he examined the hologram again. "In about approximately thirty minutes.

"Okay, that's not too long." Kyungsoo replied. "Hey, does he act human? Like you know, eat and do humanly things?"

"Yes, yes he does. Don't worry Kyungsoo, just treat him like you would a human." Joonmyeon smiled. "Oh and before I forgot, Kai has-"

"Doctor Joonmyeon, please come to the lab for a quick check up. Doctor Joonmyeon."

"I'll be back." He smiled patting Kyungsoo on the back leaving him with his Machine.

Kyungsoo sat alone in the room his Machine or  the room Kai was apparently resting in. He was curious about this one. He never had his own Machine before. But then, they are just scraps of metal. Right? He poked one of Kai's finger and watched it twitch.

Every other minute he would look at his watch. To him what was a minute was like an hour. He was excited and also scared. What if his Machine would turn against him and kill him? What if he's a rude person. So many what if's went through his mind.

After a while he noticed thirty minutes had finally passed. He looked at his Machine to see it was still sleeping. He stared at it to see its eyes open and look at Kyungsoo. His eyes didn't flash white like it did before. Was it because it took in all the blood? That he didn't know. So many questions went through his mind.

He sat there staring into it's piercing dark brown eyes until he heard the door slid open.

"Congratulations, Kyungsoo. Thirty minutes has finally passed. You can take him home now." Joonmyeon smiled as his eyes disappeared and turned into cresents. "Just give us a few minutes to get him ready."

"Okay." Kyungsoo replied as Joonmyeon walked out again leaving him. He looked at Kai again and saw him blink looking at with curiosity. "Hey, can you talk?" Kai just looked at him and blinked. "I guess not. It's going to be pretty quiet in my house. But can you hear me?" Kai still remained quiet. After a few minutes of an akward silence Joonmyeon came back with some clothes for Kai.

Joonmyeon walked towards Kai and unhooked the wires and tubes coming from Kai's body. "Go get changed, Kai." Joonmyeon said as Kai nodded and left.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Take care of him okay, Kyungsoo." Joonmyeon smiled as he watched the two men walk out the building.

"Well, I hope you're okay with riding the train for now." Kyungsoo replied as he walked towards the train station then looked back at Kai. "Are you coming or not?" Kai just shook his head and walked next to him. "That's what I thought."

After arriving at the train station the train was packed. All the seats were taken so Kai and Kyungsoo had to stand up. Kai stood awfully close to Kyungsoo. He cornered Kyungsoo away from the other passengers. It's like he didn't want anyone to have any direct contact with him. With Kyungsoo being cornered by Kai he felt blood rush up to his cheeks as he bit his lip. He has never been in this situation before. Sure it was a bit strange that Kai was behaving this way, but atleast he's not harming him.

While Kyungsoo was hidden behind the Machine Kai looked at him and blinked. He stared at him like he scanned Kyungsoo then he just turned around, his back facing Kyungsoo. As Kyungsoo stood there he felt like he couldn't breathe. He was just too overwhelmed with his situation. But as he stood there he smelled a strong luring scent. He didn't know where it came from, but he moved his face towards Kai's back and then found out it was Kai. He had a strong smell, was it cologne? Or was it just his clothes? But he didn't mind at all.

~~~~~~~~~~

When they finally arrived at their destination the train stopped too quick making everyone loose their balance. As the train stopped Kyungsoo almost lost his balance but Kai held his shoulders.

"Thanks." Kyungsoo said as Kai just nodded and turned around. "We're here, so umm can you let me out?" He asked as Kai nodded and moved to the side and then followed Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo walked out the train to see Kai walk up next to him while looking around absorbing all the details. It was Kai's first time outside, it was going to be his first time for everything.

"Hey, are you hungry?" He asked as Kai turned to him and blinked. "Can you talk?"

"Yes, I can Do Kyungsoo." Kai replied leaving him amazed.

"Wow, you're really quiet." Kyungsoo chuckled. "C'mon, let's go." He smiled as they walked through a crowd of people. As the sea of people crowded the streets Kai soon lost Kyungsoo. He stopped and looked around, he was no where to be found. After a few seconds Kai finally found Kyungsoo who continued walking. He looked at a silver braclet he was wearing then he suddenly disappeared into mist and then reappeared again next to Kyungsoo. "K-Kai! How did you do that?" He asked shocked as a few other people gasped.

Kai just shrugged as he held Kyungsoo's hand in his and walked him through the sea of people until they arrived at his apartment.

"Whatever you did, don't do it again." Kyungsoo said as Kai just looked at him and let go of his hand. "Hey, how did you know where I lived?" He said then suddenly remembered. Kai had his blood, so inside the DNA probably contained some memories or information about him.

"Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo." Kai said that formed goosebumps on his skin. The way he said it made his skin tingle.

-----------------

Hope you like this. It when Kyungsoo meets Kai ^0^ thanks for reading. Please sub/comment/upvoting if you like it. Please comment your thoughts on this. Thank you