Part 1: The Beginning

Try Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Minkyung's POV

"Minkyung-ah!" Sungyeol shouted from across the campus, waving at me. I ran to where he was and nudged him.

"Hey Yeol. Your early today. Is Professor Kim absent today?" i asked. Curious as to why he was early for break time today. He shook his head and laughed little.

"He's too happy to let us ruin his day, so he just sat infront us and let us do our own business." he explained. "Too happy? Why?" i asked as we walked our way to the cafeteria. 

"He got himself a girlfriend. Who also happened to be his first love in 7th grade." he said, handing me a tray and getting one for himself. "He sounds girlish." i chuckled. "But i still think it's sweet". I laughed a little at the term 'sweet'

he then filled my tray with snacks. He went on telling me about what happened in Professor Kims class as i  listened and placed drinks and utensils on our trays. It was a usual routine between us. He picks our snacks, i pick our drinks. Well you can say he's  prohibiting me from junk foods which i absolutely love.

"Yeollie, you filled my tray with yogurt and bananas...again." I realized when we sat down on our
usual spot by the tree. "Yeah, well. You can give them to me if you don't want them." he his lips as he eyed my yogurt and banana filled tray. "Yeah...no. I'm starving." i said. And i was. I opened one cup, ate a spoonful and hummed in delight . I peeled one banana and sliced some in my yogurt. Then went on to scooping and eating.

We then continued talking until Kidoh, our other buddy, slumped down beside me and huffed.

"Well, you look....down." i stated when Kidoh leaned his head on my shoulder. "I got 87 on a test today. Ugh." he groaned. "And why is that?" Sungyeol asked. "I lost 3 points cause i told him the answers to 3 questions." Kidoh pointed to another friend of ours, Jungwoo. "Hey, sorry about your lost points dude. But thanks for the answers anyway." Jungwoo laughed. Kidoh looked up and glared at him. "Minnie-ah, im so upset i want to punch him." Kidoh pouted infront of me. "But you won't." Jungwoo said, grabbing a snack from Sungyeol's tray. "And why wouldn't i?" Kidoh asked. "Well, you love me too much to hurt me." Jungwoo stated as a matter of fact. "No, no. I only love our precious minnie over here." Kidoh stated, hugging me around the waist and rubbing his cheek on mine. "Ugh. Kidoh, stop it." i groaned, pushing his face away when he smiled up at me. "No. I love you too much." Kidoh stated. Making Sungyeol and and Jungwoo roll their eyes. Haha.

"Hey, are you having history class today?" Jungwoo asked me since we were to go to the same class after lunch. "I
feel like skipping today." i answered, feeling my eyelids becoming heavy. "You know that your laziness won't bring you anywhere right?" Sungyeol said, raisong a brow at me. "Um, actually it does. Jungwoo carries me to class and does my work of taking notes. So i gain benefit from that cause i don't need to listen to Professor Jo ramble about the dynasty wars." i said. Not that im taking advantage of it. I did my part when i have the energy to do so, which is ten precent most of the time. But don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything he's done for me. That's why i would never know what would my life be without him...well them.

"I don't think it was a compliment." Kidoh dumbly stated. And i laughed at his theory. "It wasn't dummy." Jungwoo rolled his eyes. "Aww. Are you offended?" i cooed at Jungwoo, bringing my pouted lips closer to him. "What do you think?" Jungwoo asked back. "You're not offended, because you love me." i said, showing him my eyesmile. If i didn't know better, i'd definitely say he blushed. "Whatever." he shrugged it off. "Hey, im heading to art class now. Bye." Kidoh said, standing up and grabbing one last bite on my banana. "Bye." we bid as well. 

"You guys done?" Sungyeol asked. Jungwoo and i nodded, standing up with Sungyeol to diregard our trash into the trash bin. "See you later yeol." i waved at him and went on my way with Jungwoo.

*****
"Minkyung..Lee Minkyung. Wake up." someone shaked my shoulder. i slowly opened my eyes and blinked, trying to
adjust to the bright light from the window. I looked up and saw that Jungwoo was smiling. Class ended already? 

"Morning." Jungwoo greeted, patting my head in the process. He went back to fixing his things and i closed my eyes for a while. I guess im still sleepy.

"Hey, did Professor Jo leave already?" i asked with my eyes still closed. "Yes he did. Goodness Minkyung, how will you pass his subject if you keep on dozing off?" he chuckled. I slowly sat up and stretched my arms. Yawning a little. I mentally scoffed at his remark. "Says the person who asked for answers this morning." i stuck my tongue out at him. He looked at me with that face that says 'Yeah.Sure.Whatever.' i smiled at him and grabbed my things. I stuffed them into my bag and stood up beside Jungwoo, walking to our next class, Art.

*****
Ok first of all, i just wanna say how much i love art. I maybe lazy at times, ok most of the time, but drawing has never been a tiring thing for me to do. Drawing is my passion and it's what made Jungwoo and I very close. 

One day we had an art project and it was about 'portrait sketching' then he just walked up to me in art class and asked to be my partner. I asked why me and guess what he answered, "I'm great art and your awesome at illustrating it. I think we would be good partners, don't you agree?". The nerve of this guy. At first i kinda got pissed off at how conceited he was but then he was actually nice when i got to work with him.
Our friendship started with him pissing me off, then it became awkward, then we actually grew comfortable at each other. At first, i thought we would be back to 'strangers' level when our project ended but he surprisingly continued being my friend and now, he became one of my bestfriends. Alongside with Kidoh and Sungyeol.

"Hey eonnie" my friend, Minjung, greeted me when i entered class. "Hi Jungwoo-ssi" She greeted Jungwoo who was beside me. "Hi" he greeted back with a small wave. If you're wondering why she called me eonnie, it's because she's a year younger by age but at the same year as us. We grew close because of a few classes together and she's my only female friend. 

"Hey Minjung, How's your 'masterpiece' going?" I asked. "Eonnie.." she blushed. Eo? What's with the reaction? "Why? What happened?" I asked. She pulled my by my arm towards her and talked quietly, "He confessed to me yesterday." she giggled. Ohmygosh! "No way, aww that's so sweet of him." i said. Im happy for her. She actually has this little crush on her partner and im glad things turned out this way. They actually look good together. I know because im also close friends with her partner. 

"You two are so cute. The artist and the masterpiece." we both laughed. " i'll be heading to my station now. See you later eonnie." she waved goodbye and so did i.

I went back to where Jungwoo as and he was staring at
me. "why are you looking at me like that?" i asked, a little uncomfortable with his gaze. 

"She's dating who?" He asked instead. " her partner." i answered. "why 'masterpiece'?" he asked me."they have this project where she will be drawing him. You know, like our first projet together last year." i said. "turned out they became close and he confessed." i said, contented with my answer. 

"i think they suite each other. She's an amazing artist and he's the 'great masterpiece'." i blushed. "how can you say he is one if you haven't seen him shirtless?" he asked me. And i blushed harder. "And you're blushing. Why?" he asked, poking my forehead. I shrugged it away and smacked his arm.

"Ow! Yah. What was that for? You smacking me isn't an answer." he stated. I rolled my eyes and said, 

"i've seen him shirtless doofus. And well you can say he has a nice body. Probably better than yours anyway." i stuck my tongue out at him. 

He looked at me that says 'im offended' in a dramatic way. "Hey my body is fine as heck, woman." he retorted. I rolled my eyes. Of course i know that. But i would never admit that to him. "Oh really?" i asked, unamused with this conversation. " You want proof?" he raised his brow, preparing to take his shirt off of him. "No. What the heck Jungwoo." I quickly said, stopping his hands from lifting it off him.
"Okay class." Ms. Byun clapped twice, catching our attention. "Today you will be sketching your partner's painted face. I don't care how you paint your partner i just want to see the finished product. You may start planning today and get started." She said. 

Immediatley i turned to Jungwoo as he did the same. We stared at each other for a while before...."I'll paint you!" we both said at the same time. "ugh. Hey i was your model last time." I whined. "Yeah. Don't care. We'll do Rock, paper, scissors and decide." he suggested. I nodded and prepared my fist."Rock...Paper...Scissors." we both showed our final result. I saw that i had paper while he had rock. I clapped in delight and pinched his nose. "Oh this is going to be fun." I said. 

I quickly took out my make-up kit and started laying out my colors. "Okay, you choose." i told him. He thought for a while and decided on red, white and black lipstick. 

"Uhmm. what are you doing?" he asked when i put some red lipstick on my lips.  "aye. Shh. Don't move. Just close your eyes." i told him. He looked nervous but never the less, closed his eyes.

I cupped his face and brought it near me. "Don't freak out. Okay?" I told him before i placed a kiss mark on his right cheek. He jumped in surprise and looked at me with wide eyes. I just smiled when i saw that it stained. "Yah! What are you doing?" he asked. He looked at me with wide eyes and his mouth gaping. "im doing our artwork.
Now calm down." i reached out to his ear and pulled it towards me. 

"tell me why you thought of this..?" he asked as i shaped the kiss mark on his cheek. "it was the first thing that came to my mind." i shrugged. 

"Why?" he asked as he watched me rub off the red lipstick. "Blame the story i was reading last night. It had too much fluff and romance i couldn't forget about it." he chuckled making me laugh as well. 

"Since when did you own black and white lipstick?" he asked me with ammused eyes. "It was for halloween. I recently used them cause i had to fix some models makeup." i said. I then applied white lipstick and when i turned around, Jungwoo laughed. I rolled my eyes and pushed him. "Shut up. Now, close your eyes." I told him. 

He sat straight infront of me, a wide smile playing on his lips. "Stop laughing." i lightly punched his shoulder. "How can i not? It's weird seeing you with white lipstick okay. " he chuckled again. "Correction. It's weird seeing me with lipstick, period." i said. 

"Ok whatever. Just do it fast." he said, closing his eyes. I cupped the sides of his face and placed a kiss on his left temple, a little higher than his eyebrow. "There. Now to remove this awful lipstick." i cringed and grabbed my tissue. I wiped it off and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter