XIV: Brace yourselves, IT'S THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!!!

My Not So Charming Prince

"Oh my gosh! This view is incredible!" Sulli exclaimed at the top of Seoul Tower with her hands pressed against the window. The sisters stand in a line, looking at the view.

"Isn't it?" Henry asked. That night of the party, Henry has offered to take these girls on a tour of Seoul during their stay and they went along with it. For the past few days, they've been to Myeongdong to shop, they've been to many of the historical sites and now, the sun is setting, giving a beautiful overview of Seoul from the tower. "I'll be glad to tour you guys to Lotte World tomorrow." he offered.

"Will you?!" Krystal asked excitedly, her eyes gleaming.

"Only if it's okay with you guys." Henry smiled.

"Yes! Definite yes!" Krystal answered without thinking. Luna, Sulli and Victoria nodded in agreement. Amber was hesitant but she nodded as well.

"Consider it done then." Henry said. Henry looks at Amber, wishing that she may give him even just a little bit of attention but Amber's still gave him the same smile of a stranger. He looked disappointed for a minute but he never gave up. I’ve come this far. She must’ve noticed my affection one point or another. She’s just probably shy. he thought to himself optimistically.

The next day, they took the subway and headed for Lotte World. They played on rides the whole day, from roller coasters, to carnival games. After dinner, when the stars came out, Henry suggested,

“Why don’t we go to the ferris wheel? The view of Seoul’s lights are incredible from up there.” he pointed to the ferris wheel right next to them. They all nodded in agreement and headed for the ride. They stopped to read board with all the rules on it with it clearly stating that only two people per carriage.

“I call going with Luna!” Sulli exclaimed, linking arms with Luna.

“I’m with Victoria!” Krystal exclaimed, winking at Amber. Amber returned Krystal’s wink with a ‘why-are you-doing-this-to-me’ look and turned to Henry.

“Well, I guess it’s just the two of us.” Henry shrugged, secretly screaming “yes!” in his head. Amber nodded and hopped onto the carriage with Henry after Victoria and Krystal’s. The door automatically shut on them and brought them up to the highest point. Amber smiled at the beautiful view as they reached to the top. There was an awkward silence between Amber and Henry so all they did was look at the view. When the ferris wheel slowly took them down, the door didn’t open like it was supposed to. The workers operating the machine tried forcing their door open the second time around but it has appeared to be jammed. Amber and Henry both tried to get the door to open but it didn’t budge. When the have reached the top for the fifth time around, the ferris wheel’s control system crashed and it left them trapped up there.

“Oh dear.” Amber muttered. Krystal, Luna, Victoria and Sulli look up at their carriage, worried about them being trapped up there forever.

“Do something!” Sulli shouted at one of the workers.

“We’re trying!” the worker replied. “We just called in for an engineer. They should be here soon.”

Up in the carriage, Henry and Amber’s awkward silence has became even more awkward. You’re such an idiot! This is your chance! Tell her how you feel while you still can!’ Henry shouted in his head. So he took in a deep breath, and broke the silence.

“Hey Amber?” Henry asked.

“Hm?” she replied, her eyes glued to the window.

“Uh… Do you like it here in Seoul?” he asked awkwardly.

“Yeah. I do. It’s beautiful here.” she replied, turning her head towards him.

“Would you live here if you could?” he dared himself to ask. Amber gave him a confused expression.

“I’m not sure of what you’re trying to say.” Amber said, laughing a little bit.

“Well…. how do I word this?” he faded off. Amber gave him a curious expression. Once she read his face, she jerked back, knowing what he was going to say next. So she turned her head away and looked back out to the window.

“Amber…” he started again.  “Since the first time I set my eyes on you, I found what I’ve been searching for all of my life.” Amber dared to turn and face him again. He sat on the edge of his seat and held Amber’s hands which were resting on her lap, startling her and causing her to gasp slightly. “Amber. Saranghae.” he finally said blushing. Amber looked at him in awe. I saw this coming, yet I didn’t stop him. I shouldn’t be shocked.’ she thought to herself. She’s been longing for someone to tell her those exact words for 5 years. Just, not from him. She didn’t know what to say so, she braced herself and spoke from her heart.

“Thank you Henry. But,” she started, sliding her hands out of his grasp, “I’m afraid that I can’t accept. I’m still recovering from a heartbreak so, I’m not ready to start a new one. I’m sorry.” Amber told him. She was partially lying and partially telling the truth. It’s true that she is still recovering, just not from a heartbreak. Henry took his hands away in disappointment.

“I’m sorry.” he said. “I didn’t know. I’m so stupid and insensitive.” he joked sadly. Then Amber placed her hand on Henry’s shoulder.

“No. Don’t feel that way. It’s not your fault. It’s not unusual for you to not know because this isn’t a topic I like discussing about or letting everyone know. It’s fine.” she explained. He nodded understandingly. “No hard feelings right?” he shook his head no, looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back at him. “I’d like to stay friends, just the way we are right now, if you don’t mind.” He shook his head again.

“I don’t mind. Even though I can’t be lovers with you, I don’t want to miss out on an opportunity of friendship either.” he said smiling, trying his best to hold his tears back. Amber smiled sincerely at him and gave him a comforting hug. Soon, the ferris wheel started moving again, opening the door slowly as it made it’s way down.

“Amber! We were so worried!” Krystal screeched.

“It’s okay, I’m fine now.” Amber smiled stepping out of the carriage. Then Sulli looked over Amber’s shoulder and pointed at Henry.

“You may be fine, but he doesn’t look fine.” Sulli mentioned.

“Why are your eyes all red?” Victoria asked. Then the 4 of them eyed them both with suspicion.

“What happened up there?” Luna asked.

“Nothing.” Amber said calmly. “Mr. prince over there is apparently afraid of heights. It scared him so much that he started to cry like a baby.” she laughed.

“Hey! I told you not to tell!” Henry laughed, following Amber’s lead. “I hate you.” he laughed. Amber stuck her tongue out at him and they all headed for dinner at a nearby restaurant in the amusement park.

After dinner, everyone except for Amber went for a bathroom break before they left. Amber waited in a gazebo just behind the bathroom. It was a couple of feet away but the gazebo was in a lush green garden. She sat on one of the stools that were provided and placed her hand on the table. She closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, listening to the howls of the wind and the rustling of the leaves.

“Whoever is in the bushes, would you kindly get out, reveal yourself and quit following me?” Amber asked as she opened her eyes, projecting her voice. She turned her head to see the person as he stepped out of his hiding place and revealed himself in to the moonlight. “Key?!” Amber whispered loudly. “What the heck are you doing here following me around for the past week? You seem like a complete stalker! If Victoria finds you here, she’ll murder you!”

“I know. But I just wanted to see you.” he said disappointedly towards the ground.

“Eh. What’s wrong?” Amber asked sincerely trying to see his face.

“You found someone else. I’m happy for you.” he stated.

“What? What are you talking about?” she jerked back. “And what do you mean ‘someone else’? I haven’t found anyone.”

“I saw how you hugged Henry on the ferris wheel. I was actually trying to find a private time to tell you something that I was trying to tell you for the past 5 years, but I guess all that will just be replaced with congrats.” he said, slowly raising his eyes to meet hers. Then she bursted into laughter. He gave her a confused look, his expression asking for some clarification.

“No. I was hugging him because I was comforting him. Not because I accepted.” she laughed.

“Didn’t seem like comforting to me.” he said, feeling slightly embarrassed that she’s laughing at him.

“No. In fact, I rejected him.” she said seriously with a smile.

“What?! Why?! Henry is such a nice guy!” Key claimed.

“Is he now? Did you want me to be with him?” Amber asked. Key didn’t say anything. Amber smiled, turned around and looked at the full moon in the sky with her hands behind her back. “I never forgot you Key.” Then he looked up at her, eyes full of hope. “I never changed for the past 5 years; and, I don’t think I’ll be able to for the rest of my life.” then she turned back around to face him.

“Amber. Remember how I said that I’ve been wanting to tell you something for the past 5 years and I don’t think I’ll every be able to?” he asked her. She nodded. “Well, I take that all back now. Instead, I would like to tell you right here, right now.” he cleared his throat. “Amber Josephine Liu,” he breathed, “saranghae. I know I’m late and I know that I should’ve told you this a long time ago. I was dumb to break your heart in the first place and now I know that you mean a lot to me. I feel guilty for what I’ve done to you in the past and I know that you probably will never forgive me but-” then Amber embraced him, cutting him off. She buried her face in his chest, not wanting to let go.

“You’re such an idiot.” Amber muffled. “I forgave you 5 years ago you bastard. I missed you.” Hearing her words, Key’s expression softened and he hugged her back.

“I’m sorry. Saranghae Amber.” he whispered. Amber looked up at him and met his eyes.

“Saranghae Key.” she whispered back. They leaned in towards each other but a voice startled and stopped them in their tracks. They turned theirs heads to see Sulli, Krystal, Victoria, Luna and Henry, watching them. They let go of each other and blushed in embarrassment.

“Amber! What did I say?” Victoria shouted angrily. “Get back over here. We’re going home!” she demanded. Rebelling, Amber held Key’s hand and laced their fingers together.

“No.” she said.

“What? Are you going against your queen’s orders?!” Victoria shouted.

“You may be queen in Seongnam but you have no power here in Seoul. Therefore, my answer is no. And there’s nothing you can do to change my mind.” Amber said confidently.

“This is now way to talk to your sister like this. I have forbidden you to have anymore connections with Ki-bum and you don’t listen?! You have already broken the rules right there.” Victoria shouted.

“You told me that in Seongnam. You said to not have any connections with him. But you never mentioned where or until when.” Amber shot. Victoria is turning red, furious of Amber’s rebellion and then Krystal patted her on the shoulder, trying to calm her down.

“Victoria, calm down.” Krystal stepped in.

“We all know that what Key has done in the past was wrong, and he never did succeed in the end. He clearly has learned his lesson so I think you should let this one slide.” Luna suggested.

“That’s right. Key clearly doesn’t care about the throne anymore, nor does he have anymore intentions of hurting Amber again. Just let them be.” Sulli begged. Then Henry stepped in front of Victoria.

“If they truly love each other, then I think that you should let them be. Clearly, for 5 years, all that you have done hasn’t able to change Amber’s heart, nor did it prevent her from missing him. I see true love and I intend to let them stay that way. Love is something rare and hard to find, why are you preventing them from eternal happiness?”

“You guys…” Amber muttered. Then Victoria came to a conclusion.

“You have two choices. Either one, come with me and forget all about this traitor, or two, you will lose everything you’ve ever owned and everyone you’ve ever known. You will be banished from Seongnam and lose your name as the princess of Seongnam, and be free to do whatever you want. Although, being given these options, I think I know very clearly of what you will choose.” Victoria stated. She looked down sadly then held her head up again. “Let’s go.” Victoria said disappointingly, leaving Amber and Key alone in the gazebo.They held each other’s hands firmly, watching them disappear as they around a corner. They turned to stare at each other’s eyes and started to laugh hysterically. When they have finally calmed down, they leaned in for the kiss that they’ve been longing for 5 years.

“Well, I guess that you’re no longer the princess Amber that I first met.” Key joked afterwards.

“Eh. Doesn’t bother me. I never wanted to become one in the first place anyways.” Amber admitted, shrugging her shoulders.

“To tell you the truth, my parents and brothers kind of banished me from my kingdom too for what I’ve done in the past.” Key revealed, scratching his head. Then Amber laughed.

“I guess that you’re no longer the prince Ki-bum that I first met either.” she smiled.

“I think I have a good idea of where we’re going to go next.” Key smiled back, sticking his elbow out at Amber. “Shall we?” She nodded happily as they linked their arms and headed for the exit. As they walked out of the amusement park, one question popped into her head.

“Wait, if you were no longer one of the princes of Pohang, then why did you go to the King’s party?” Amber asked.

“Well actually, I fled to Seoul, here, when I was banished then suddenly, the King announced that he was going to hold his 60th birthday party, I figured that I might as well go. To tell you the truth, I never thought that I’d see you there.” Key explained. “You looked beautiful in that black dress by the way.” Amber smiled and thanked him. When they reached the dock, one of the men from a crew ship was boarding on. He noticed them walking up to him so he stopped boarding for a moment.

“What’s your business here?” he asked them suspiciously.

“We would like to board a ship to go somewhere.” Key responded.

“Where to?” the man asked. Amber and Key looked at each other, reading each other’s thoughts and nodded approvingly.

“Gyunhyeong village!” they said in sync.