Backstage

The Bodyguard

A/N In this chapter there will be descriptions of Dani’s and Ji’s life now (of course they are still separated), and flashbacks to when they lived in SK, the flashbacks will be in italic. :)

 

I guess I was supposed to be happy that I wasn’t dead right now, right? Well after actually having to watch Ji make out with that girl (her name is Sujin) I decided that I would seriously rather be dead. And I’m not just talking that I was jealous, no, that girl worked for the Flower Killer. Like seriously? Did Ji have a bad taste in women or did he have bad taste in women? I didn’t even want to think what that made me.

Why you watched, you ask me? Well because I live in constant paranoia that she would kill him, and because of that I watch when he is with her, and in case that she tries to do something I decided I would call Lilly. And to hell with me being dead.

But I was seriously contemplating letting it all go, and never watching the footage or him again. Maybe it would be easier for me. I would just continue to live my life, and maybe, just maybe I would forget about my old one, the same way everybody forgot about me.

My new name was Aurora Allen, but my coworkers called me Ari. I had to give it to F.K. (I’ll call the Flower Killer F.K. from now on), the name was better than Danika Petrov. I was now 23, born and raised apparently in Russia, with no family or relatives. I worked as a librarian, and had a hobby in martial arts (the word hobby made me laugh). I liked kids and animals, and had a very strange knowledge of Korean culture and language (I wonder why, hmmm). That was about what my coworkers knew about me.

I was used to having fake names, but I had never spent so much time under a fake name. Soon it would be 11 months since I left Vladivostok and with that my life as Danika Petrov. Slowly I found people who I could call friends, but, in reality, could somebody be your friend if you constantly just lied to them, even about your name?

But hey, I managed. I avoided any suspicious activities that could draw attention to me, and I just tried to live my life. More or less I succeeded, but still, when I came home, dropping my bag on the coffee table, I would go to my laptop and there I would see him.

One day I came home and saw him cooking, there were at least 10 people at his house, all his good friends. And I laughed my off as I saw smoke starting to come out of the oven, and then his panicked expression as he tried to save the meal. Finally everybody ended up laughing, and they ordered in, but in that split second of laughter he looked up to the camera, our eyes connecting. I knew that he didn’t know I was watching, and a small tear slipped out of my eye. But he still kept them on, the cameras, he never took them down. And I wondered why.

 

It reminded me of when he once also tried cooking for his friends. We were all sitting by the table, laughing and joking around. At that time me and Ji were still the bodyguard and the client, but something was growing in us. And as I heard a loud noise, almost like a small explosion and a groan coming out of the kitchen, I jumped on my feet.

Bom just sighed, a knowing smile playing on her lips and said:
“We shouldn’t have let him cook.” Everybody agreed, and I giggled but still went to the kitchen to see the damage.

Luckily nothing too bad happened, he just managed to pour water on hot oil, and was now staring at the steaming pan and laughing at his stupidity. When he noticed me, he boyishly grinned, and tried sweet talking into helping me.

“Okay, if you don’t help me I’ll end up hurting myself, and you are supposed to protect me from that, right?” He said, hopping that I would help.

“What, I’m supposed to protect you from your own stupidity too?” I jokingly said, but nodded and soon we were both cooking and laughing.

I went to take a spice that was on the highest shelf, and before I even reached out for it, Ji handed it to me with a small smile. I turned around, our bodies’ inches away, and nervously smiled. That was the first time I noticed how intoxicating his scent and smile were. He bit his lip, obviously suppressing a smug grin because he knew…he knew what he did to me.

 

Shaking my head, I tried to clear my thoughts of Ji as I opened my front door. It had been a long day at work, and then I spent 3 hours training, and all I could think of was a bubble bath and, apparently, Ji.

My friend, a very funny Irish girl called Gael, kept on pestering me to go to London with her to some concert that she knew I would simply looove. Now, I couldn’t really tell her that I disliked the idea of going to London because my company’s headquarters were there, now could I? But the idea was starting to grow on me, because let’s face it, I could use some fun.

Me and F.K. had a deal where I could travel, and the only condition was that I didn’t get noticed by anybody who knew my past me. Piece of cake.

Anyways, so here I was taking my shoes off (Korea did a number on me where I could not, I repeat, could not be in my shoes more than 2 meters away from my front door), when I heard a weird, moan like sound. Almost like somebody was watching , in my apartment. Only, there was nobody in.

So I went to my laptop and saw that I now had a live recording of GD .

. I so didn’t want to see this. And apparently the girl was loud enough for the cameras to pick it up and play, even when my laptop was on low volume.

 I went to turn it off, I mean she couldn’t kill him while he was having with her, and tried not to see what was happening.

But you know when your brain makes you do something, even if you don’t want to? Well my brain is kind of an .

My eyes were now glued to the screen where Sujin was on top of Ji, she was in is embrace and they were moving slowly, kissing each other lovingly. I saw that in a split second before I turned off the whole laptop.

The thing was, I wasn’t jealous, I was heartbroken over the fact that not even in the alternate universe, where F.K. wouldn’t exist anymore, me and Ji would never be in a relationship again. Because what I saw in the video wasn’t ing or having , it was making love.

 And probably for the first time in my life, I was sitting on the bathroom floor, crying because I was heartbroken.

I felt alone, truly alone, and I finally completely realized why this was so much worse than killing me. The Flower Killer truly understood human suffering. Bastard.

 

After that event, I minimized the amount I watched Ji, only making sure he was still alive. And I decided to go with Gael to that concert in London, who knew, it might help me forget Ji for  at least 3 hours.

 

Checking Ji’s schedule I found out that he would be out of SK for a week, which meant that I couldn’t watch over him, and strangely I felt freer to go to London.

Anyways, Gael decided it would be better (better my ) to go by car. I mean we both had ty orientation, and (admittedly) weren’t best drivers, but we ended up driving from Dublin to London. It took us almost 3 days, because, well, we got lost a lot. But I had fun. We sang horribly (maybe that was why cars avoided us), ate junk food, and shared life stories. Sure, I couldn’t tell her the complete truth, but I told her small parts of my life, and was surprised how good of a listener she was.

 

Ji was a good listener too. One time he asked me to tell him about my crew, and I spent an hour describing everybody while we were on the couch snuggled close together, my head resting on his chest, his arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace (this was after I got shot). I think I was probably boring him out of his mind, but he still listened me babbling about what everybody did, how they looked, and we even joked how Lilly would be perfect for Daesung. And then I listened about how producing works. And as I started to get a little bored I gently started kissing and biting his neck. At first he acted like I wasn’t doing anything, but then I felt him shiver, and before I knew it he pulled me in his lap, crashing his lips against mine…

Gael interrupted me from my daydreaming by yelling ‘We are here’ at the top of her lungs.

I turned around to see the tall and lanky redhead running around the parking lot. No wonder kids loved her. I chased her down, and we entered the hotel. I think that nobody would believe us if we said we were librarians. Before we went asleep, Gael just mysteriously said that she had a surprise for me.

I woke up to Gael singing that she got the ‘Golden Ticket’, and after I gave her my wtf look she explained that she bought backstage passes for the concert. Considering that I had no idea who’s concert it actually was, I kind of was against going there and looking like an idiot, but Gael insisted. Also, apparently, I had to be blindfolded ‘to not spoil the surprise’.

The backstage pass was for before the concert, and I was blindfolded before I even got to see the building, where the concert was held. I heard some screaming but before I knew it I was in the building, and Gael was following the guard, dragging me along. Finally we got to the room, and I heard a dead silence. Gael ripped off the blindfold and my eyes locked to a pair of very familiar brown orbs.

Ji just whispered ‘Dani’, and I closed my eyes, thinking .

 

 

 

*Guys do you like the flashbacks? I like doing them because you get to see how Ji’s and Dani’s life looked like. Anyways, please comment! <3