Chapter Two

Summer First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~ The day after ~

 

 

Howon kicked his brother's room door open.

"Wake up lazy !," He jumped on the bed.

"No! I don't want to!," Hojun mumbled in his pillow and covered his head with his sheets.

"Come on. It's 10 o'clock already," He said throwing himself on his brother.

"Howon! Get up! You're heavy! Get out of my room, NOW!," Hojun pushed him on the floor. Howon was laughing loudly.

"Everyone's already awake and we're waiting for you to take breakfast. Hurry up!," Howon stood up and went downstairs to finally go to the backyard still in his pajama. He took the seat next to his mother. His father was at work, it was Saturday after all. Dongwoo came out of the back door that lead to the backyard and sat in front of Hoya, looking totally fresh even if he just woke up.

"Good morning!" He said with his signature warm smile. 

"Good morning sweetie! Did you sleep well" Howon's mother asked.

"Yes auntie. I slept like a baby" He laughed.

"You always sleep like a baby Woo. You don't wake up even if we make a lot of noise," Dongwoo's mother retorted.

"It's not my fault! It's your gene that I have after all!," Dongwoo retorted back.

"Aish, this kid!" His mother slapped him on the arm.

Hojun finally showed up and they continued their discussion. 

Adults talked about their children who were not present there. They learned that one of Dongwoo's sisters was in the USA to study and the other stayed in Canada because she worked there. 

'That's why he's kind of feminine, he only has sisters.' Howon thought. It was clearer now.

Of course the mothers needed to talk about their son's love life too. Howon wanted to dig a hole and stay there for the rest of his life. 'How embarrassing' he thought.

"Dongwoo dated three girls in Canada. Two of them were Canadian girls and the other one was a Chinese girl. They were all pretty really I'll show you pictures later."

"Mom you don't need to..." Dongwoo was blushing hard.

"But I'm sure they want to see your ex-girlfriend, right Howon?" Dongwoo's mother asked him. Why did she need to ask him, he wanted just to escape this embarrassing situation.

"Uuh... yeah...", he replied

"I definitely want to see, Hyung." Hojun said and put his arms around Dongwoo's shoulder. "I bet they're all really pretty," He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Umh I don't know... I'll show you if Hoya show me his girlfriends' pictures too!", Dongwoo grinned widely. 

Howon stood up suddenly.

"I'm going to take a shower..." he informed before someone can spit about his inexistant love life. He walked fast toward the house but could still hear his mother saying he has never been in a relationship before.

"He wants to find the right one that's why. Such an innocent child," She said proudly.

He ran to his room and threw himself on his bed. He buried his face on his pillows and he groaned his frustration onto it. After a long moment he sat up and decided to really take a shower. It would help him calm himself. He took the purple T-shirt Dongwoo gave him and a denim short.

After taking a shower, he went downstairs and was surprised to see his two friends in the living room chatting with Dongwoo as if they were the greatest of friends.

"Guys? What are you both doing here?" He frowned.

"Hi to you too, Howon! I'm fine thank you," Woohyun said sarcastically, "You have a phone you know? Maybe if you had looked at it this morning you would have known that we were going to the beach today?"

"Nam Woohyun I hate you sometimes," he ran upstairs and heard Woohyun yelled at him, "I thought you just hated me. Glad to know man!"

He took his phone on the desk and saw that he had five messages and two missed calls. He ran to the living room again and sat next to Sungyeol on the sofa.

"Is that a new shirt? Purple again uh?," Sungyeol scoffed at him.

"Well it's a present from Dongwoo. I don't need to introduce you I guess?"

"Nope. This guy is really funny! I already like him and it's been 10 minutes or less." Woohyun laughed out loud Dongwoo joining him too.

"I'm not that funny Woohyun-ssi."

"Just call me Woohyun."

"Ok," Dongwoo grinned. He was so happy to make new friends.

"So you're coming with us right?" Sungyeol asked.

"Uh... I don't know. Hoya?" Dongwoo looked at Howon waiting for his permission. Howon smiled.

"You can come with us don't worry. You came with a car, right guys?" Howon looked at his two friends.

"Yep!"

"But wait... How did you call Howon?" Woohyun stared at Dongwoo.

"Hoya... why?"

"Where did that come from? We don’t know this surname. We know Hobaby or Hobear. But 'Hoya'?"

"Oh that's a surname I gave him since we were little because He loves purple." Dongwoo grinned.

"Oh that’s a good surname. We'll call him that from now on. Ho-yaaaaaa~!" Sungyeol said with grand gestures. He was acting like a child. They called him choding sometimes when he was too much.

"Uh guys just called me by my real name please. It'll be too awkward." Howon grimaced.

"Ok ok. We're going to the car. Grab your stuffs and hurry up guys!" Woohyun stood up and left the house, Sungyeol at his heels. 

Howon sighed.

"I'm sorry I didn't know it bothered you this much. I'll call you Howon from now on..." Dongwoo was looking at his feet.

"What? No you can call me Hoya," Howon smiled. Dongwoo looked up confused.

"But... you said..."

"I said that because I'm not used to THEM calling me Hoya. But you, it would be awkward if you don't call me Hoya. It's something between us after all. I want to preserve that..." he whispered the last sentence thinking that Dongwoo couldn't hear him. "Let's grab our stuff for the beach!" Howon ran upstairs. Dongwoo was grinning like an idiot behind him.

 

They arrived at the beach, dropped their things on the sand, took their shirt off, applied sun cream and directly ran into the water. They splashed each other and tried to drown each other too. They had a great time playing in the water.

At noon, they all agreed to grab something to eat, they were starving in this summer heat. They sat at a bar and ordered their sandwiches. They shared a lot of stories and became closer each minutes passing by. Woohyun and Dongwoo became really good friend in no time and even if Howon was a bit jealous he smiled at them. After eating they returned in the water and played until the sunset.

 

"That was a great day! Don't you think Hoya?," Dongwoo smiled and hugged Howon. 

One thing he discovered this day was that Dongwoo really liked skinship. He liked to hugged and touched people he felt comfortable with. At first it surprised Howon but he slowly became used to it throughout the day. Of course Woohyun and Sungyeol were his victims too but they didn't mind it, they understood it was in Dongwoo's personality. 

Howon hugged him back.

"Yeah it was perfect!," They grinned at each other walking into the house.

"Boys, you're back! How was your day?," Dongwoo's mother asked.

"Great!," They said at the same time and laughed.

"Oh! You're closer now, it's a good thing," She smiled warmly.

They ran upstairs to their respective rooms and took a bath. They had some energy left and so they went to play some video games in Hojun's room while chatting.

 

 

~

 

 

The first week passed rather quickly. Dongwoo and Howon became closer than ever, it was almost like they've never been apart all these years. They discovered they had a lot of things in common, Music mostly. 

Howon even considered Dongwoo as his best friend now. Even if their personalities were different they matched well and somewhat they complete each other. They both lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter