Chapter One

Summer First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Lee Howon lives in Busan, 19 years old, had never dated and had never had his first kiss. Pathetic you would say. But all he wanted was to find the right one for him. Of course he had crushes in middle school and High school but that was just insignificant hormonal teenagers crushes.

He passed his College entrance exams brilliantly this year and made his parents proud. He is the second son of the family, they are three sons and a daughter. The elder son left 3 years ago to study and is now living with his Fiancée, they even planned their marriage for the end of the following year. The only daughter is abroad studying. And The younger of the family will be left with the parents since he was still in middle school. 

Howon is going to move in Seoul University dormitory for his first year and find a part time job to be able to rent his own studio near his College.

It was the beginning of summer. It was the last month Howon was going to spend with his family before he leaves for Seoul. He was in his room,  making a list of what he will bring with him at the dormitory. He needed to choose carefully, for not being too submerged with useless things in those small rooms.

"HOWON!" his mother yelled from downstairs. "I have some good news! come here sweetie!"

He went down the stairs and saw his mother talking on the phone grinning widely.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow! Bye", his mother hang up. "Howon sweetie, do you remember my old friend, YeJin?"

"Uh... not really. Why?"

"How can you not?! She used to come here every summer vacation with her family! But they stopped to come 5 years ago because they went to Canada... well, they came back a month ago. Her family and her are going to spend summer with us. And you're going to see your old friend too! Aren't you excited? It's been 5 years!", his mother happiness was so contagious that he began to laugh with her but frowned when she mentionned 'his old friend'

"Wait mum. I really don't remember them. And I don't recall having any old friend coming here every summer..."

"I'm sure you will remember who it is when I'll show you the pictures! Wait!" She ran to the living room and search through the living room shelves, where were placed photos albums. She took the one in the middle and Howon seemed to recognize the album. He waited. She took out one picture and handed it to Howon.

"Here! This is your old friend!" she grinned again.

He stared at the pictures and his heart skipped a beat. Flashes of memories passed through his brain. 

 

 

He saw himself chasing after a cute little girl around ten years old, her pretty shoulder length hair bouncing while she ran. They were running around the house for a while now, playing. She was giggling loudly and her smile was really the most beautiful things he had ever seen in his life. He caught her and they fall on the ground in the backyard of the house. She was still laughing, her cute eye-smile showing. The sunset flashed on her face and made her looked even prettier.

"Hoya! You're too heavy! Ugh! Get up!" She whined still smiling. She was the only one calling him Hoya, she came by this surname when she saw all the purple clothes and stuff  he had, and it reminded her of the little purple flower in her mother garden.

He got up and hugged her tight. She hugged back.

"I'll tell you a secret Hoya", she whispered in his ear, "I like you, a lot."

 

 

And that's when it strucks him. She was his first crush.

He was bit red by now and cough a little handing back the picture of the smiling girl and him standing next to each other arm linked like a little couple.

"Do you remember now?" His mother asked ecstatic.

"Uh.. yeah I think.."

"I remember, you were always running around the house laughing loudly. You were always excited when you knew your friend was coming. You two cried a lot when they announced they were going to live in Canada. You were extremely sad for months after they left. My poor baby" She caressed his head lovingly.

"I'm home!", HoJun yelled while coming through the front door. " What? What happenned?", He asked concerned, eyes wide open, when he saw his mother pampering his brother.

"That's all you can say? 'What?' I'd like to know where you were, Mister HoJun?", she gave him a slap on the head, " I was worried you little rascal!"

"MOM! I was at the arcade with my friends! You don't need to slap me!"

"Well, How am I suppose to know if you don't tell me anything! At least tell me where you are going or text me!" She gave him one last slap and continue.

"Oh my! I need to go to the supermarket to do some groceries now! You are both coming with me! Go prepare yourself! And quickly!"

"Mooom", they both whined loudly and went to prepare themselves pouting.

 

 

After doing the groceries and telling the good news to Hojun, they prepared the rooms for their guest. It was evening by then and the father of the family came back from work. He was as happy as the mother when she told him about the news.

"They will arrive in the end of afternoon tomorrow so I need to wake up early to prepare the barbecue seasoning for the evening party."

Meanwhile Hojun was playing video games in his room and Hoya was texting his friends WooHyun and SungYeol about tomorrow and creating a new choregraphy, just for fun, at the same time in his room. He ended up completly exhausted. He rested for a while and then decided to take a shower and went directly to bed.

 

 

 

"Mom, stop stressing yourself! You organised it all well. Don't worry It'll be perfect tonight and it's still noon if you forgot something there's still a lot of time before they come."

"I know but I can't help myself Hobaby! It's been a while since we saw each other and I kind of have too much feels now, She's my best friend since High school after all." She fanned herself.

"Yeah  I understand..." Howon said  smiling and thought 'I'm nervous too. To see my first crush after all these years, it's going to be something for sure. Oh my god! What if she put on weight, or is completly ugly, or if she has a boyfriend already and is a complete beauty.Would I fall for her again?...', His thoughts went wild for a while. 

"I need to stop thinking about this" He whispered and sighed

"Thinking about what?" His mother asked. 

He thought quickly.

"Just... that I'll move out soon, that's all, I'll miss you all" He hugged his mother.

"Oh my poor baby, I'll miss you too" She patted his head lovingly.

"What is this again? Why does he have so much love! I want hugs too!! And kisses!!" Hojun pouted, arms crossed and glaring at them.

"Come here you little brat!" His mother said. 

He surely will miss them, his loving family, he thought as they group-hugged.

 

The end of afternoon came by quite quickly. They had all the things settled for the  guests arrival. It was already 4 in the afternoon when they receive a call from them announcing that they're going to be a bit late because of traffic on this Friday afternoon.

HoJun was helping his mother in the kitchen while Howon was preparing himself for the evening. 

He decided to dress stylishly with a light blue shirt and tight jeans that he reserved for special events. He stylished his brown hair on the right side of his face. (A/N: hehe like in 'Special Girl' MV) He checked himself on the mirror one last time and decided to go downsta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter