1 2, 1 2 3 / jonggyu

Thousand star in the sky

 

 

                The first time Sungjong saw him, he's on his way after his part time job. Half way home, he stops at near park. Black hoodie, cap and a mask cover the stranger face. His hands inside his hoodie pocket. Sleeping peacefully on the bench there, Sungjong starts thinking, isn't he feels cold? 

                Seat at nearby bench, Sungjong just watching how his shoulder moves up and down slowly. Sometimes wind will blow them and Sungjong will shiver but the stranger didn't move even a little and just keep sleeping like this is not in the middle of autumn.

                He spends some of his precious time just watching before he finally decides it's not good sleep in this kind of weather. Moreover, in a public area like this park. So, like a good boy he's, he wakes the stranger. Or that's what he wants to do before someone else precede him.

                Just when he stood from his sit, another stranger comes running. He runs towards the sleeping stranger, so Sungjong decide to take a sit again. With a beanie hat, white hoodie and colorful jacket, the new stranger really eye catching. He says something Sungjong can't hear and shake the sleeping stranger gently.

                Sungjong can't see whatever the stranger is up or not, but he can see the body moves. He sees they exchange conversation before the sleeping man decides to hit the colorful stranger. After that Sungjong can hears the colorful stranger laugh with mouth wide open and he thinks this stranger has a weird laugh.

                The colorful stranger helps him stood and they walk together. The stranger now tuck his mask under his chin, and Sungjong can see the stranger still not wake yet since his eyes still close, or maybe he just has very small eyes that seem like closing, Sungjong doesn't sure about it with this not so light park. They pass Sungjong bench and exit the park, not before the colorful stranger gives Sungjong very big smile.

 

 

 

 

 

                The second time Sungjong saw the stranger, once again he's on his way home after his part time job. He stops at the same park with coffee on his right hand. Now the stranger uses a thicker jacket, with a same cap and mask sleeping under a big tree. A thin book on his lap along with some leaves. He looks peaceful and Sungjong thinks maybe this man really like to sleep in the park.

 

 

                He brushes some leaves from the stranger head and lap before sat at a horse toy at the park. Once again watching the stranger sleeping. He drinks his coffee slowly, enjoy the bitter sweet taste of his coffee. The weather colder than the other day and Sungjong feels grateful he has this warm coffee with him.

                He drinks the last drop of his coffee and ready to wake the other now. He walks to near trash can and throw away his empty paper cup. Pick up some trash around the can and throw it inside the trash can.

                When he turn around, in front of the stranger squatting a guy. With a simple white shirt and black coat he looks quite good. His bottom lips looks thicker than his upper lips. Must be a good kisser was what in Sungjong mind next.

                The other stranger brush the sleeping man bangs aside and pat his cheek few time. But not like the other day, he didn't wake up and just continue sleeping. Smiling, the strange take his book and put it on his pocket before turn around and tires to piggy back the sleeping man.

                Sungjong watches how the stranger struggles to place the sleeping body on his back and help him. The stranger smiles and says a short thank you before nag about how his friend so careless by sleeping in a public place and how he easily can catch a cold and become a kid because of the sickness.

                Sungjong just smiling hearing the other nag. Strangely happy for some information about the sleeping man.

 

 

                The first time the stranger saw him, it’s a few hours before the sunset. He's on the rooftop of his school. With some not so friendly senior.

 

                He's on his way to his jujutsu club room when some senior stop him. With bulky body and arrogant face they keep insulting him. Well, his body not like someone who know how to fight so it's like a routine for him to get some 'fighting invitation' like this.

                They take him to the roof that barely anyone come now. Their face full of confidence and Sungjong just sigh with their stupid idea. Don't waste any time, they surrounded him and start attacking him. Easily dodges their attack and slammed down one of them. Doesn't forget to give a punch as a present for his opponent.

                Dodges their attack here and there and use his opponent attack to slammed them and throw them around. Dodged in some perfect time to make them punch their friend instead of himself and in no time his opponent already lying on the ground. Groaning in pain.

                He was about to go when his eyes catch a red hair above the roof entrance. Squinting his eyes he can sees the stranger from the park up there watching him fighting. Today he doesn't use his hat, nor his mask, and Sungjong can see his red hair that fit perfectly with his skin tone.

                Sungjong immediately turn around, embarrasses the other witness him fighting. Afraid the other misunderstand.

 

                His brain keep working how to explain this and his eyes just catch this opponent that still lying in the ground. Now he worry changes to what if them find out the stranger witness this and they will hurt him? Can't let it happen, he hit them one by one. Call his friend on the club to bring robe to tie them.

 

                Tie them with his purple friend helps and just leaves the scene. Take a peek towards the red hair before exit the door.

 

 

 

 

 

                The second  time the stranger saw him, he’s in a coffee shop. Now Sungjong call him the red head since the stranger hair is red.

 

                Another day of his work, and today is his payday.  He walks pass the café door with smile b. Greet his friend and walks to the back. Place his stuff on his locker and change his school uniform with his work uniform, white polo shirt and apron. Immediately took his place behind the counter to exchange shift with his friend.

 

                Like always, his work place always crowded with people. He didn't complaining because he like it. He likes the soft instrument his cafe always play. He likes the coffee smell. He likes making coffee for his customer. He likes making latte arts for his latte drink.

 

                It's his 48 latte drinks when he sees the red head on the cashier. Today he use a big glasses that make him looks adorable. No hat and no mask. Now Sungjong wonder if he sick back then so he use a mask.

 

                With steam milk and a cup of coffee still in hands he walks towards the red head in intent to hear the red head name. He barely hear the red head order, so he move future more. A wrong moves.

 

                He doesn't see his tall choding friend turn and bump. Steam milk and hot coffee mix in the air and burn his hand.  Milk jug and coffee cup on the ground, and Sungjong holding his hand, hiss painfully.

 

                Got a loud sorry from his tall friend and when he sees a red skin from Sungjong hand, he immediately drags him to the staff room. Along with the red hear worry gaze. And disappointed?

 

 

 

 

 

                The third time they meet, it's at his friend house.

 

                It's cheating maybe. It's destiny maybe. Sungjong doesn't care what it's called, but when he sees the red head photos on his friend camera, he feels stupid.

 

                The first photo background looks like a living room. The red head sleep peacefully on the couch. Mouth a bit open and head slightly tilted to the side. On his right, a stranger Sungjong recognize has a thick bottom lips make a V pose.

 

                The second photo background looks like a kitchen. The red head wash dishes with a pout on his lips. On his back, a stranger Sungjong recognize has a loud laugh hug him from his back.

 

                The third photo background looks like an apartment building. The red head smiles with his eyes turn into crescent and make a V pose with his other two friends and Sungjong friend. All four of them smile like a sun.

 

                The fourth photo background looks like an apartment number and name. The red head looks into the camera and pointed to the number while his friend pointed to the name plate. The two make an innocent face.

 

                If Sungjong never want to pick up, or wake his friend in this case, for school before, now he will walks a few blocks away to just come to his friend house and rings his bell and wake him up like today.

 

                When they meet, the red head mouth open wide and his brother, or Sungjong friend just introduce them. Sungjong definitely happy to explain about himself for the red head because his heart beat that increase every time he see him. Because the happiness ever time he smile. Because every strange things he feels for him.

 

                “Hello, this is our third meeting right? I’m Sunggyu.” the red head said, held out his hand for a handshake.

 

                “No, it’s the fifth and I’m Lee Sungjong." Sungjong said and shake his hand.