Chapter 3

Can we..?

Luhan walks out of the class angrily, it’s already late and class already over for about 1 hour ago, and here he is. He just finished his detention, He doesn’t feel like going home yet, he decides to wonder around the school. It’s so quite, Luhan honestly like quite place, it can help him to feel more relaxed. He slung his bag around his shoulder lazily and walks to his school’s soccer fields. Luhan always like soccer, in fact soccer is his life. He can play really well. He didn’t called as an ex-captain of this school for no reasons. He misses playing soccer, he miss being as a captain, he misses it so bad. He smiled sadly, sitting on one of the bench and watch his junior playing soccer.

Perks being a senior huh? Luhan pities himself. It is a rule in his school that senior is not allowed to play or participate in any extra class anymore, the main purpose is to make them focused on their future, that’s what the principle said. Anyway, not everyone knows that Luhan actually doesn’t like any changes, he is the type who is attached to his past, and that past is including a certain someone. It is hard for him to accept his current situation.

 

Stupid teacher, stupid school who give me detention, stupid Jongin. Luhan thinks, this is all Jongin’s fault, if Jongin didn’t text him, if only he didn’t answer Jongin’s text, if only he ignores Jongin and just focus to watch the match, if only Jongin didn’t mock his favorite team. Definitely, it’s Jongin’s fault. But again, how can this is Jongin’s fault? He thinks. He is too absorbed thinking who’s fault is this, not hearing almost all of the soccer team yelling something like “Luhan sunbae watch out!!!” and he really doesn’t have any clue that a soccer ball flying out of the field and directly hit his head, hard.

 

Luhan groan in pain, his head is dizzy and hurt. Damn, whoever kick that ball, he definitely kick it hard, he groans again.

 

“Luhan hyung! Are you okay? ! Called medic crew!!” Luhan recognize this voice, it’s Kai’s voice, aka the present captain of this soccer team. Luhan curse quietly.

 

“No need Jongin, I’m okay. Hey! I told you to call me hyung” Luhan slowly massage his forehead. “I don’t know you have twins, Jongin”.

 

“What? Hyung I don’t have twins! You definitely need medic crew. YA! WHERE IS THE MEDIC CREW?! YOU LAZY BUNS GO FIND ONE!!” Kai basically roars to his team member and sprint back to the school.

 

I swear if the one who kick the ball is Jongin, i-.

“Hyung, are you okay?” a voice interrupted Luhan’s thought, he opens his eyes slowly. Luhan hearts skip a beat.

What the.. He sees an angel, who looks like a puppy. White smooth skin, plump kissable lips, fierce eyes, damp bangs because of sweats. He is beautiful and it makes Luhan’s heart hurts.

“Hyung? Can you hear me? Are you okay?”

 

“I-I..” Luhan clear his throat. “I’m fine B-baekhyun, it’s okay. I’m not dizzy anymore”

 

“Are you sure? But..” Baekhyun looks at him worriedly.

, don’t look at me like that byun. Luhan forces a smile “I’m okay, really”

At the same time, Kai come back with whole medical crew in his sides.

“Hyung! i found them!!”

“No need Jongin” Luhan chuckles lightly, “I’m okay now, I’ll just go back home” He tried to stand up but suddenly a long slender arm wrap his shoulder, helping him to stand up.

“Kai, do you mind if I take Luhan hyung back?” Luhan gaped, Baekhyun touch him! Baekhyun wants to help him!!
“Sure Baek, be careful”

 

In the end, Baekhyun and Luhan walks side by side with an awkward tension filling them. It’s killing Luhan slowly, so he decide to be the first that breaking the tension.

“uh.. I don’t know you joined the team” Luhan ask

 

“Ah.. yeah, I decide to join the team this year. Ah! I’m sorry hyung, I’m the one who kick the ball…” Guilt is written all over Baekhyun’s face.

Luhan sighs, “It’s okay, I told you it’s okay”

Baekhyun smiles, “But still.. Sorry hyung..”

“Baek, you know I don’t like it when you say sorry repeatedly”

“Y-yeah.. I know. Parts of you haven’t change, hyung. I’m glad” Baekhyun whispered, just enough for Luhan to hear it.

“Wh-what..?”

“Hyung, do you realize we never talk since that day? I’m quite surprised when you text me and you talk so easily.” Baekhyun chuckles

Suddenly guilt washed over Luhan’s body. “Baekhyun, I’m not..”

 

“Remember that day when I tried to talk to you but you just ignore me like I’m nothing” Baekhyun smiled sadly. None of them dare to make an eye contact.

“I didn’t mean to ignore you, baek.. I just.. my feels..”

 

“Then how about my feels hyung? Do you ever consider my feels when you do that?” Baekhyun stops walking, he looks to Luhan with a blank face.

“I-I..”

Baekhyun sighs and then he smiled “Forget it hyung, past is the past right? I’m glad you talk to me again.”

 

“Baekhyun, I’m- “ Luhan tries to speak again but Baekhyun suddenly intruded him.

“This is your house right, I have to go now. I forgot my bag is still at school. Bye hyung!” after saying that, Baekhyun run leaving Luhan with a pained expression showing from his face.

 

Baekhyun, I’m.. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. The last thing I want is to hurt you.. I’m sorry. Luhan sighs sadly. This is not Jongin’s fault nor anyone faults, from the start it’s always my fault, huh? Luhan laughs softly.

 

Flashback

 

This is one of those days when Luhan’s heart feels empty, he tried to ignore everyone. He doesn’t want to talk nor feeling happy these days, he doesn’t want it. He still can’t get over that Baekhyun ask for a break up with him, last week. He knew, he knew Baekhyun will broke up with him, heck, he always told Baekhyun to break up with him whenever they are fighting but Baekhyun never do that, he never allows Luhan to break up with him. Luhan knows Baekhyun loves him too much and Baekhyun doesn’t have courage to let Luhan go. Why..? Then why..

 

Luhan knows he is not the best boyfriend for Baekhyun, he knows it so well. He knows these day he and Baekhyun always fight, he knows they rarely talk anymore. He expected that Baekhyun would forgive him like he always did. He expected Baekhyun would sorry like he always did, even though it’s Luhan’s fault but Baekhyun is the one who always say sorry and begging to Luhan. Luhan didn’t expect that Baekhyun came to his class and drag Luhan’s to the rooftop and cried while saying things like “Let’s end this, I had hurt enough” and run away leaving Luhan by himself. Honestly, he never expects all of this will happens this soon. He always imagines he and Baekhyun will live happily ever after.

 

“L-luhan hyung? H-how are you?” A painfully voice interrupted Luhan’s alone time, he knows this voice really well, he knows it belongs to his one and only ex-boyfriend, Baekhyun. Luhan can’t handle this, he is way too sad to talk with Baekhyun. He simply walks away, ignoring Baekhyun, accidently bump into him and make Baekhyun’s fall. He wants to say sorry but he can’t, he wants to help Baekhyun but he can’t. He simply walks again, ignoring whimpering sounds and a small sob that come out from his ex-lover mouth. It’s a normal day, when Luhan ignores Baekhyun and Baekhyun still tried to talk to Luhan. Luhan is a coward, he can’t, no, he doesn’t want to accept that Baekhyun is willingly to let Luhan go. He can’t face the reality, not now, at least not now. He thinks.

 

 

 

 

 

HAAAAI, hehehe, how is it? What did you think? is it enough? is there any questions? becaauuseee i'm willingly to answer thaat~

Comment okay okay okay? i wanna know what did you guys think