Final

Lost and Found

There is a knock at the door that jolts HoSeok from his in-depth session of having a staring contest with his pet goldfish. HoSeok opens the door, smiling until he sees who it is: the police. And TaeHyung. HoSeok sighs.

 

"Do you know this young man?" one of the police officers asks gruffly. TaeHyung flashes a huge smile at HoSeok. 

 

"Yes," HoSeok groans. "What did he do?"

 

"He was walking across the roofs of abandoned apartment complexes."

 

"Is he in trouble?"

 

"No, but I suggest you take him to a doctor." The police officer leans in closer. "I think there's something wrong with him," he whispers. HoSeok nods, not really paying attention to the officer, glaring at TaeHyung. The police officers leave and HoSeok closes the door. 

 

"TaeHyung. Why? What part of blend in do you not understand?" HoSeok confronts the younger man, who is now lying across the couch.

 

"Blending in is boring." TaeHyung shrugs.

 

Exasperated, HoSeok runs his hands through his hair. "What happens when you finally get arrested? What will we do then?" There is a pause and then HoSeok’s voice is fragile and filled with fear. "What if they take you away from me?"

 

"Hey, HoSeokkie...Nobody can take me away from you," TaeHyung murmurs, reaching up to pull the older man down onto the couch with him. "Even if they try, I'll just come right back to you." TaeHyung cups HoSeok’s face, rubbing his thumb across HoSeok’s cheek.

 

"You still need to be more careful. I'm afraid someone will find out what you are and do something about it. You need to make sure you don't do anything too weird in a place where people can easily see you and—"

 

"HoSeokkie, stop." TaeHyung grins. "You nag too much. You're like a mom."

 

"Well, maybe if you were more mature, there'd be no problem." HoSeok rolls his eyes, punching TaeHyung in the arm. TaeHyung retaliates with pulling HoSeok into a tight hug, blowing on HoSeok’s neck and tickling him. 

 

"If I were more mature you wouldn't love me as much." TaeHyung sticks his tongue out. The two are quiet for a while.

 

"Would you really come back? If you were taken away from me?"

 

"Of course. You're the only thing I would ever come back to."

 

"You wouldn't go back home?" HoSeok looks at TaeHyung with curiously terrified eyes.

 

"You are my home."