Final

The Betting Game

"Yah! Kim Jongdae!!" a furious Joy went into Chen's office, stomping and then placing documents on his desk a little forcefully. 

"What the hell--" Chen looked up in shock, eyes wide, "What is wrong with you?!"

Joy glared. "What is wrong with me? What is wrong with 'you'?!" she yells.

Chen blinks bewilderedly, mouth gaping like a fish out of water. Of all the years he had known her, she had never been this mad.

"How can you just disappear for a week like that? Do you know how much I worried? I thought you hanged yourself somewhere. Or maybe drowned yourself on a bathtub, I don't know, you're kind of stupid like that!" Joy ranted.

Chen rolled his eyes, looking down to the documents on his desk. He had taken a weeklong break from work, knowing how he would not function properly after what had happened between him and Joy. It's not as if he considers himself any better now but Chanyeol threatened him so he needed to gather himself as much as he could and show up for work. 

Of course he wasn't well enough to face Joy so he purposely came early to avoid her as much as possible; which by the way is not working the tiniest bit seeing that she barged in as soon as she could.

"As much as you would like to think that I am as dumb as my friends, you're wrong. I'm broken hearted, not suicidal."

"That's kind of synonymous in most cases." Joy refuted.

"Well, I guess I wasn't ready to meet St. Peter yet, or maybe it's the other way around, not that I want to know. But I'm still here, so don't fret." Chen says in what he hopes is a dismissive manner when all he wants to do is run away from the room hide himself under a rock and hibernate until his heart stops freaking shattering into pieces at the mere thought of Joy.

"Who says I was fretting?" Joy scoffs, turning to leave. "I just didn't want to lose my betting partner."

Chen thought he might have misheard.

But he didn't.

"Wait! What did you say?" he asked loudly, getting off his chair and taking hurried steps towards Joy and latching a long- hand on her wrist.

Joy stopped and let herself be guided until she was facing him. Her expression was blank, but her eyes weren't. They were shining with that familiar mischief that Chen had been missing for a long while now.

"What did you just say?" Chen reiterated, looking deeply onto those brown orbs.

"What language do you want me to use? I said…" Joy smiles, the one that made her eyes crinkle and shine with a bright expression, not one of those teasing smirks Chen always receives, "I didn't want to lose my betting partner. I guess I wasn't ready too."

"You mean…" Chen couldn't help but grin widely.

Joy replies by lacing their fingers together and holding it up so they were both looking at it. "Maybe I don't want to stop the games too… for the same reasons you do."

Chen is so happy he could kiss her right then and there. But he didn't. Mostly because he still thinks he's dreaming. "But what about Mark?"

"I told you we're just close friends." Joy pouts a little. "And he kinds of heard all the things you've said the other week so… he might have given up after hearing it. Or at least that's what he had indirectly said to me."

"Oh…" Chen nodded. He looks at Joy again, leaning closer.

Joy promptly took a step backward, making a tsking sound and narrowing eyes at him. "Don't push it, Kim. Let's say I might like you. But no funny moves unless I actually say I love you."

Chen laughs. He pulls Joy for a hug, whispering on her ear sweetly, "How about another bet then? What do you think?"

"What is it?" Joy replies with a smile.

Chen lets her go, "I'll make you fall in live with me before midnight. If I do, I get a kiss."

This time Joy laughs. She beckons Chen to come closer because he was a little bit taller and she wanted to whisper something in his ear. Chen readily agrees, bending until he can feel Joy's soft warm breath on his cheek.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Joy whispers.

"What is it?" Chen asks in the same manner.

A soft pair of lips pressed lightly on his cheeks.

"You have already won that bet a long time ago."

Chen smiles widely, standing up straight so he could look at Joy's red face. "I did? The shouldn't it be not just a kiss on the cheek?"

Joy scoffs, face still a little flushed, "A kiss is a kiss. Win more bets and I'll think about it."

Chen's delighted laugh echoed all over his office. He must admit, even if he combines all the times he had won a bet, this one was the sweetest he had won yet.

 

 

 

Fin.


a/n: yes... Joy and Chen had coverd a whole lot of stories... because I love them, okay???!!!

ciao!

kkaepsong!