Chapter 4

The True Reason - Book II

I could sense it. She was deeply terrified. I could notice it by her voice. "W-what are you doing here, Amber?" She had pulled me to the corner. Away from the receptionist. Away from the others.

 
 

I didn't answer her immediately. All I heard from that woman was still sinking inside my head. "I.. I was about to go to TaeSunYeon to give the invitation cards to TaeyeonSunny and Hyowhen I saw you entered here.. I thought that I could give the card to you so I followed you here, then I asked the woman there and.. and she told me that.. that yo--"

 
 

"Okay. Thank you, Amber." She quickly took the card from my hand, like she was in a hurry. "Thank you for inviting me, but I'm sorry, because I can't talk to you right now.. I.. I have some work and I'm busy.. I'm.I'm sorry, Amber.. I have to go."

 
 

Even though, I didn't get any answers from her, I left the building with my brain in a mess. My sixth sense was telling me that Tiffany was hiding something from me. I'd really wish that, I was just overreacting; I tried to push the thought away, but I really couldn't get rid the feeling, that it has something to do with me..

 
 

"Baby? Where are you going?"

 
 

"K-Krystal." I was planning to get my answers, because honestly, it was making me crazy already that I couldn't even close my eyes to sleep. Also, I didn't know that she was still awake. "Key texted me and he wants to meet up. He said he'll give me something." I know that it was a lie, but I just hope it came out normally - and lucky, that it did.

 
 

"This late?" She asked. "Can't you tell him that you could get it tomorrow, since its already 11:30 PM? Trish might ask you if she wake up."

 
 

But then, I didn't relented. I smiled kissing her forehead. "Don't worry, baby. I'll be just quick. And besides, I also told him that, but he said, he's going back to Italy tomorrow. So, today was just his free time."

 
 

I could tell that she wasn't convince. "Don't worry, baby. I'll be back soon. I promise. And I won't do, whatever you are thinking now."

 
 

"But, Amber--"

 
 

"Now-now.. How could I get back soon, if we're going to make this longer?" I said softly, kissing her forehead and lips. "I promise. I'll be back soon, okay?" With my one last kiss on her lips, I left.

 
 

During my way to Tiffany's place there were some thoughts, that were constantly running in my head, and some questions that I will ask her. I was thinking, what if she didn't tell me anything? What if, I couldn't get my answers? Or - what if, I was just overreacting? "A-Amber? How.. How did you find my address?" A complete surprise was shown to her face, when she opened the door and saw me standing outside in front of her door.

 
 

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. It took me a lot of convincing to give me your address from Taeyeon-unnie and please don't blame her for that. I just.. I just wanted to know, about earlier.. I didn't go--"

 
 

"Forget it Amber. You are just imagining things. And I still have some work tomorrow, and I'm tired. I'm sorry, but you have to leave."

 
 

I saw that she's already closing her door, but with my fast reflex, I used my hand to prevent it. "Amber? What are you doing?" The slight irritation in her voice was palpable.

 
 

"I wish, what you said was true.." I said, taking a deep breath. "I wish.. I wish, I was just imagining things, that I was thinking too much, that I was just overreacting, but.. But I really felt that you are hading something from me - that.. The `thing' you are hiding.. has something to do with me.."

 
 

I stared at her and her eyes were set on the ground. "Tiffany.. Please, tell me that I was thinking too much.. That the receptionist was just mistaken.. That the Tiffany Hwang she was talking about is different from the Tiffany Hwang that I know.. But.. But if, what she said was all true.. Could you.. Could you tell me why.. Because.. It is making me nuts, already.."

 

Honestly, I never heard silence quite this loud. There was a long pause between us, until she finally spoke. "Come in, Amber." And she walked away, leaving me stood frozen at her doorstep.

 
 

So, it has really something to do with me? Am I ready to hear it? But isn't that my purpose here? I entered, and closed the door behind, before following her to the living room, where she was standing there - arms crossed. "You can sit, Amber." I looked at the sofa she was pointing at, and then sat on it.

 
 

"Do you want something to drink? Juice? Tea or coffee?" I heard her asked, and my eyes were fixed on the vase on top of the coffee table in front of me. Somehow, the flowers weren't arranged properly.

 
 

"No, thank you." I said, looking up at her briefly and smiling weakly "I wont take long, since I told Soojung that I'll come home soon."

 
 

"Okay." Then, she took the couch that was adjacent to me. "Where do you want to start?"

 
 

I suddenly felt my heart thumped against my chest. Do I really want to know"Earlier, when.. I went to the building.. John.. Johnny.. Joh--"

 
 

"Johnson and K's.. real estate agency.." She corrected.

 

"Johnson and K's real estate agency.." I repeated. "What.. what are you doing there?"

 
 

"You heard the receptionist.. I am working there for a few days now." She said, gently.

 
 

More confused than before, I asked, "But.. but I thought you just got here? You came from London, right?"

 
 

She smiled - in an apology way. "The receptionist was right, Amber. I came from North Carolina and I am a real estate agent."

 
 

A.. real estate agent? How.. I stared at her in surprise. "You're a model, right? I mean a fashion model? That was why you guys left here 4 years ago, because a modeling agency from London took you, right?"

 

She looked down briefly, tucking some strands of her hair behind her ear. "Are you guys wondering, why we didn't have any current pictures - not even one on the internet?" Speechless, I nodded.

 
 

"It is because.." She paused, sighing. "We weren't actually in London, Amber. There was really no modeling agency that took us. The three of us are not really a model there."

 
 

What she said really took me by surprise. Questions were starting to pile up in my head. "Does the other unnies know this?"

 
 

"Of course." She said, nodding. "Even though, the 9 of us were already in different line of business, we still contact each other."

 
 

I couldn't help but to wonder, what was the reason behind this? And most especially, is this really has something to do with me? Listening this from Tiffany, now I doubt it. "I.. don't understand, Tiffany. Why.. why did you lie?"

 
 

She took a deep breath, looking at me intently. "Didn't you ask me earlier, if it has something to do with you?" I felt another loud thud against my chest. Is this the answer that I am waiting for? Suddenly, my breathing started to get heavy. I got nervous, all of a sudden. I gulped.

 
 

She shifted her gaze from me, and stared into space, like she was in a deep thought. "4 years ago, Mr. Lee announced our group's disbandment and it left many people wondering what was the reason.." She then look at me. "I will tell you the whole story, about it, Amber and.. and the happenings before that. But.. I want you to promise me one thing.. I just want you to listen and don't utter any word until I finished speaking. Do I have your word?"

 
 

Despite of my nervousness, I nodded. "Sure. You have my word, Tiffany."

 
 

Nodding her head, she said. "Well, I think, its time for you to know the true reason.."

 

 

--------------------------------

A/N okay.. first of all.. did you notice the new poster of the story?​ beutiful isnt it? well that is becase to -might_extics!! hehe! thank you so much for making a wonderful poster! hehe! *bows head* thank you1000x! lemme give you a hug! *hugs! hehe! *grins*

 

Anyways lets get back to the story.. hmm..  the truth will revealed on the next chapter.. what do you think tiffany telling? that it has something to do with amber? share your thoughts on the comments down below!! 

 

p.s

i just couldn get it out of my head.. did you watch the 100th episode of show champion?  did you watch the snsd interview part? did someone notice how red amber's ears while shindong was interviewing them? and jessica didnt even dare to look at amber's side? im sorry i have so many questions but it was just cute at that moment.. being shy.. hehe