Fire and Neck Bites

The Tempest

“You idiots! Do you not realise what you’ve done!?” Kris was livid, he had told everyone over a million times NOT to talk to humans, and what do they do? Of course, make friends with one. “They’ll smell our scent on her; they’ll take her and torture her until she tells them where we are! Don’t you guys ever think!?” Lay, Chen and Xiumin hung their heads. In all honesty, they didn’t really see the problem. They were around many people every day, what difference does it make? Anyone they came close to had their scent on them.

 

Luhan and Tao sat back, watching what was happening; Kris was pacing back and forth, mumbling something in English that they couldn’t quite understand. “Well? What are you going to do when she’s taken away?” “No one will take her… We’ll protect her…” Chen quietly said. However, this served only to make Kris angrier; he decided it was best for him to leave before he ripped them apart.

 

“Gege… They’re not going to take her, will they?” Tao spoke up, although he had not yet spoken to Seoyeon, he admired her from a far, for him, it was love at first sight.

 

“No. they won’t touch her.” Lay said, he then, with Chen and Xiumin left.

 

 

 

Seoyeon was sat on her bed, thinking about what to do. There were no lessons for today so she was stuck at home.

 

She sighed and lay down on her bed, in the end she decided to go on a walk; she quickly got changed, and left her house.

 

She was going to walk to the park and draw something there.

 

As she walked to the park she heard people screaming, curiosity got the better of her and she began to walk into the direction of the noise, her walking turned into running when she saw fire.

 

A house had caught on fire; it appeared that no police, ambulance or even the fire brigade had arrived yet. “Please! Please! My baby is still in there! Someone save my baby!” a woman who was being held back by another woman screamed, Seoyeon looked in disgust as bystanders didn’t help her. However… something about that woman seemed off…

 

She took in a deep breath and ran inside the building, the smoke filled her lungs as she ran up the stairs and she began to cough, although she heard no crying from a baby, “Is anyone here?!” She yelled through coughs, she fanned her hands in front of her face, trying to get the smoke away from her eyes.

 

Suddenly, the floor beneath her gave up and she fell down to the first level, landing flat on her back, a cabinet fell down with her and landed on her leg, trapping her “!”

 

Just as she was about to try and move the cabinet her arms where pinned down and she felt a weight on her chest “So you’re the AB- negative girl?” a pair of red eyes stared at her.

 

They belonged to a man, who looked close to Seoyeon’s age. “W-Who are you?” “What does it matter? I’ll be the last thing you’ll see…” his face got closer to her neck and she shuddered when she felt his hot breath sweep across it.

 

She tried to kick him away with her free leg, but was distracted by the sudden pain of something stabbing her neck. A painful scream escaped her lips as she felt the blood drain from her body, the man got off her neck and smirked at her painful expression before going back down.

 

She heard someone yell her name, as a boy with beautiful pale skin and big doe-eyes ran in, he tackled the man to the floor and did exactly what he did to her; blood from his neck.

 

The man who saved her got up from the man, who she presumed was dead and ran over to Seoyeon “L-Luhan…?” she weakly said before passing out.

 

“,” Luhan said, shaking her. When she didn’t open her eyes her carefully picked her up “… Kris is going to be pissed… Don’t worry Seoyeon, I’ll take you back to our house and we’ll explain… We’ll protect you, I promise.”