Duets and Rain

The Tempest

{A/N: Bold means the members are talking in Mandarin ^^

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter~}

 

 

Morning had just begun and already it was off to a rough start for Lee Seoyeon, first she had woken up later than usual meaning she had no time to have a shower and eat, next she stubbed her toe while getting dressed, making it difficult for her to move and to top it off she would have to run to get to school.

 

As she was running she noticed the sky getting darker ‘Great…Rain… as if this day couldn’t get any better!’ normally she loved the rain, but in this case, she despised it.

 

She wore a simple white blouse that cut off just before her shoulder, the collar had golden embroidering and buttons going all the way from the bottom to top, her skirt was a cream colour with small red floral designs covering it, she wore white knee high socks and coloured wedges, her school bag hit against her side as she ran to school before it began to rain, her long brown hair blowing in the wind and probably looked awful by now.

 

She made it to school with only five minutes to spare, she went straight to her first lesson and sat at her desk, waiting for the teacher to come in. there were only two people in her class, herself and a boy with black hair, she looked at him for a second ‘Great… one of them….’ She sighed and looked forward, holding back all her urges to peek a glance at him and tell him to stop staring at her.

 

Luckily, a few of their many ‘fans’ came in and began to talk to him; Seoyeon cringed at their flirtatious laughing and their ‘seductive’ voices towards him. However, she couldn’t help but chuckled slightly inside when he completely ignored them and told them to go away.

 

Now it was just you two again, you prayed the teacher would walk in with the rest of the students. She took out her phone and checked the time, class should be starting in a minute or so, she put her phone away just before the teacher walked in.

 

Soon, the students began to come in the class, a girl with short black hair sat next to her “Hello.” She happily chimed, Seoyeon returned her greeting with a smile and the teacher began to talk. “Hello everyone, my name is Mr Kim, I’ll be your music teacher, today we will be doing performances, are there any volunteers?”

 

Seoyeon wanted to go up and sing a song; however she was far too shy, the teacher sighed slightly and pointed to the boy from earlier “Ah, Chen. Why don’t you come and show everyone your voice? I’ve heard a lot of good things about it.”

 

Chen smiled and nodded, walking to the front, there was a slight murmur from all the girls in the class, Seoyeon heard things like “Ah! Oppa is going to sing! What I’d give to fall asleep and wake up to that beautiful voice…”

 

Seoyeon shuddered ‘Creeps…’ a soft piano music filled the room, followed by Chen’s sweet voice. He was singing ‘Nothing Better’ by Brown Eyed Soul, one of Seoyeon’s favourite songs. She listened intently, becoming mesmerised by his angelic and powerful voice, she hated to admit this but he was good, very good, maybe even better than Jeong Yeob himself. She rested her chin on the palm of her hands and quietly singed along.

 

When the song ended she felt someone hoist her from her seat, she looked to her side and saw the girl she was sitting next to with a huge grin on her face “W-What are you doing?” Seoyeon said in a hushed voice “You’re a great singer, show them what you’ve got!” she whispered and ran back to her seat, leaving behind a confused Seoyeon standing in front of the class with Chen.

 

“How about a duet?” Chen said, handing her a mic, she didn’t know if she suddenly got a confidence boost or if Chen’s captivating smile made it so she wanted to sing, but she grabbed the mic, the song that began to play was ‘Timeless’ by Jang Ri In and Xiah Junsu. She took a deep, shaky sigh and began to sing the song with Chen.

 

When they were finished she looked over to the clock and saw that the lesson was over, she quickly grabbed her bag and made her way out without so much as making eye contact with anyone, she was far too embarrassed by what had happened.

 

The rest of the day went past swiftly, it was lunch time now and like always, Seoyeon sat on her own at a table in the far corner, she was lost in the book she was reading but no matter what, she could still hear all the girls screaming over EXO-M.

 

Just as she was finally about to get completely absorbed into her book she heard someone cough. She put her book down and heavily sighed “What?” Her voice came out much harsher than she wanted, then she saw who the boy was. It was Chen.

 

She could feel all the stares she was getting but of course, Chen didn’t seem bothered. He gave her a wide smile “You have an amazing voice; I just wanted to say thank you for singing with me.” ‘He’s… thanking me?’ she gave a small smile “It’s okay, you have a really nice voice too.” He smiled and shyly rubbed the back of his neck. “How come you’re always by yourself? I never see you with friends…” his expression turned serious and she thought for a moment “I… I don’t have friends, you see. But, I don’t mind. I kind of like being on my own.”

 

He gave an apologetic smile “No one likes to be on their own…” She smiled slightly and shook her head “Honestly, I don’t mind.” There was silence for a few seconds before he clapped his hands together and happily smiled “It’s decided. I’ll be your friend~ My name is Kim Jongdae, by the way. But you can call me Chen.” She looked at him in shock “Wouldn’t your fans kill me?” She raised her eyebrow and looked at him “Nope, even if they do, I’ll protect you.” Before she could respond he got up and flashed a dashing smile “See you around, Lee Seoyeon.” ‘How does he know my name…?’

 

When Chen got back to his table he got stares from the other members, one in particular was angry “The hell do you think you’re doing Chen? Talking to a human like that! You know perfectly well that we’re not supposed to befriend them.” Said Kris, trying his best not to yell at him for disobeying orders “Calm down, Duizhang. I won’t hurt her.” “That’s not what he means, Chen. If you stay around her your scent will get on her, do you want her to be killed?” Chen looked at Luhan, then to Kris then to Seoyeon who was yet again, stuck in her book. He sighed; all he wanted was to make friends with her.

 

 

Now that school had ended Seoyeon was standing at the gates, she was angry at herself for forgetting her umbrella. She sighed and sat on a nearby bench. She looked at her watch; she had been waiting for 20 minutes now. She heard someone cough next to her and looked to her side; she saw another of them she sat there awkwardly before he spoke “How come you’re still here?”

 

He recognised her as the girl Chen was talking to, and as much as he hated to admit it, she was pretty cute… no, she was gorgeous. She looked at him and her big, beautiful eyes made his heart flutter ever so slightly “I left my umbrella at home, so I’m waiting for the rain to stop. What about yourself?” “Kris is coming to get me.” Silence filled the air again, but he didn’t mind. He liked it, it gave him a chance to steal glances at her. Then a thought occurred to him, he opened his bag and pulled out his own umbrella, handing it to her. “Here, you’ll catch a cold if you wait here any longer.”

 

She shook her head, “It’s alright, and I think the rain is finally dying down.” “No, please. Take it, I insist. I would feel awful if you were to get sick.” She stared at him for a moment longer before she took it, there hands touched slightly, causing her to blush. He smelt the blood that rushed to her face ‘AB-…’ He thought. She stood up and bowed deeply “Thank you. I’ll give it back tomorrow.” “No problem.” “What’s your name?” Even though she knew how popular they were, she never really paid any attention to their names “Kim Minseok, but you can call me Xiumin.”

 

She nodded and with a small smile began to walk away. He sighed deeply to himself “You’re too cute, Lee Seoyeon.” He saw that Kris’s car had already pulled up and walked towards it. Kris looked at him with a rather angry expression when he entered the car. “Yah. Minseok. I thought you were on the same page with me when I said NOT to talk to humans.” “Calm down, Duizhang. I was only giving her my umbrella.” Kris sighed and began to drive. Minseok saw her form the side mirror and smiled to himself.