Chapter 2 - This Is Not What i Wished For...

My Bothersome Next-Door Neighbour

Next morning I wake up to a loud noise. I look outside the window to see what it was. But there was nothing outside. I go back to sleep. Then suddenly I hear loud knocks on my door. I fall out my bed shocked. Then the door opens and I see my sister laughing at me.

“Go away!” I scream and throw a pillow at her. She ducks and pillow goes flying down the corridor.

“Ha Ha missed me,” she says and sticks out her tongue before going downstairs.

See this is why I don’t like her. She is always troubling me. I quickly get ready and go for breakfast.

As soon as I enter the kitchen I see my mom talking to a lady who a vegetable market at the end of the street. They seemed to be talking about something funny because both of them seemed to be smiling very happily.

My mom sees me enter and says, “Guess what? We are having new neighbors!”

“So? Why are you so happy? It’s just going to be another boring person,” I say.

“Misa haven’t I told you not to talk like that about your neighbors?” my mom scolds me.

“Then I will be leaving,” says the lady and leaves.

Just then I hear a loud noise. I go out to see what was making such a loud noise. I see two big trucks parked out the house next to us. A group of men when moving stuff from the truck into the house.

What? Someone is moving into the house next to mine? No way? I liked that old lady who used to live there, she used to make such delicious cookies for me whenever I wanted! I wonder who will live there now, I will trouble that person and make him bake cookies for me every day!

I quickly hoped onto my bike and raced off to school. On the way I met my friend Sierra. Like always we took the long route to school. Sierra told me how her dog ate some grass and had to be taken to the hospital. Although it was a sad story both of us laughed at it. I asked Sierra if she had done her art homework. We stopped by a tree so that she could show me her drawing.

As Sierra was taking out the drawing from her bag, a white car stopped before us. The window rolled down and out the head of a man.  He had orange hair and was wearing cheetah print sunglasses.

“Can you please tell me where this house is?” he asked politely.

I looked at the paper and realized that it was the address of my house! Is he a thief! Well he sure looks like one or worse is he a kidnapper? Since I’m a clever girl I knew how to deal with such situations.

After thinking for a while I said,” Go straight down this road. Then take a right. Then take the second left and then another right. Keep driving down that road until you reach a rainbow colored building. Beside the rainbow colored building you shall find this house.”

“Thank you very much!” he said and flashed a gummy smile before driving away.

Weirdo! Can’t even smile properly.  

“What was that for? Why did you give him the wrong directions? And I don’t think there is a rainbow colored building anywhere close to this town,” complained my friend.

“Don’t you know he is the most wanted criminal in this world? Didn’t you see? It was all over the news yesterday” I said in a voice of superiority.

“What? Most wanted criminal? Do you even know what you are talking Misa?” asks my friend in disbelief.

I ignore her and get onto my bike and start pedaling.

“Hey! Don’t ignoring me like that Misa! Wait! I’m coming as well!” she shouted and pedaled hard.

We reached school. We quickly parked our bikes in the parking lot and headed for the auditorium. All the students started arranging themselves in neat lines. I on the other hand tried to stand as far away from Sierra as possible as she started lecturing me about how rude it was to ignore people when they were talking to you. I just ran away from her. I wasn’t looking where I was running and dashed into someone.

“Child! Can’t you see where you are walking?” asked a scary looking teacher.

I just stared at her. I was too scared to speak.

“Child! Don’t you know the ‘concept’ of good manners? Huh? Who is the teacher in charge of your class? Huh? Speak!” she screamed.

“Sorry,” I said in a small voice and ran away.

“Why were you talking to scary Ms. Su?” asked someone.

I turned around to see my friend Jade.

“Oh! That, I ah… just ran into her,” I said awkwardly.

I noticed that she had some magazine in her hand. On a closed look I noticed that the magazine had a big picture of Niall Horan on the cover. She noticed me staring at it and said,” Isn’t he so cute in this picture! I just bought it today morning! I’m going to read it during class!” she said excited.

“Both of you stand in line already!” said the class Rep in a scary voice.

“Oh! Good morning nerd! Why are you so angry? Did you get ninety nine out of hundred?” I said teasingly.

“Misa! Quickly stand in the line the principal will be here any moment,” she said now frustrated.

“Ok!” I said and stood in the line. I can irritate her later.

The principal entered the auditorium and started giving us a lecture on good manners. This is the most boring part of school. Boring principal gives boring lectures. If I ever owned a school of my own I would ban lectures. As I was dreaming about my dream school someone whispered into my ear.

“Doesn’t the principal’s face look like a big potato?” asked Sierra and started giggling.

“Potato! That’s Niall’s favorite!” whispers Jade who was standing beside me.

“Even I love potatoes because Niall loves them!” whispers Macy who was standing in front of me.

“I love mayonnaise because Niall hates it!” Sierra and I say in unison. We say it a little too loudly.

“Are you students even paying attention to what I am saying?” asked the principal in an angry voice.

“Yes we are!” I screamed loudly.

“Yes Misa, I know you are the only good student I have! Learn from her!” says the principal and continued her speech.

“But weren’t you the one who started all this” says Macy confused.

“But I’m principal’s favorite student,” I say and stick out my tongue.

“So today I would like to introduce a new teacher. Since you children wanted dance classes in this school, I have hired a professional dancer to teach you how to dance. Please welcome Mr. Lee Hyuk Jae!” said the principal.

Everyone cheered as they really wanted dance classes in school. I was the only one who opposed it as it was all my sister’s idea. I like to oppose all her ideas since she is so weird. But it seems like I am not the only one who opposed it. Many teachers and the nerds opposed this as they felt that it would cause the students to lose interest in studies. But all was ignored as my sister also happened to be the principal’s favorite student.

We waited. But no one seemed to come onto the stage. The principal seemed worried. The principal went back stage to check where our new teacher had disappeared off to. Everyone started whispering.

“Wow this new teacher is so punctual!” exclaimed Macy.

“Yeah maybe we should follow our amazing teacher’s footsteps!” said Sierra and started laughing.

Just then the auditorium door opened wide and bright light flooded in. Through the doors entered a man limping. As he came closer I noticed that he was covered in mud and seemed to be in a hideous condition. He was dripping wet and reeked of a horrendous smell. Everyone seemed to have noticed too as they all gasped in disgust. He limped a bit more and collapsed. The principal hurried toward the man screaming, ”MR.LEE! Are you alright?”

What? That’s our new teacher? Wow! He’s so neat, I think and start laughing. Sierra who was standing behind me suddenly gasped.

“Misa! Isn’t that the man you gave wrong directions to?” asked Sierra shocked.

I looked closely and saw what she meant. It was that man. He must have realized that I had given him the wrong directions and now he must be here to kill me! I quickly run towards the principal and scream, ”This man is a kidnapper! Today morning he asked me where my house was, I was scared so I gave him the wrong directions. Now he is here to kidnap me!”

“Someone call the police!” I scream.

Everyone looked puzzled.

“What are you talking about child? This is your new teacher!” says Ms. Su and smiles one of her creepy smiles at me.

“What? But…” I start but my teacher cuts me off.

“Enough Misa! Now children go back to class!” she orders.

“Water…” the hideous clump on mud on the floor murmured.

“Ahhh! That disgusting alien is talking!” I screamed and jumped back.

My sister gives the alien thing some water. He slowly sips it. But his way of drinking was weird. He drank the water like he was in a commercial. Not only was this alien thing the most wanted criminal but he was also an overacting idiot.

After quenching his thirst he sat up and looked around. He looked up and me with a shocked expression on his face.

“Aren’t you the one who gave me the directions?” he asked in a hoarse voice.

Oh no! He recognized me! He’s going to kill me for sure!