Hunter

Tempestuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Hunter rarely gives himself away.

Hunter


Jonghyun peaked outside the hut, checking to see if we were being spied on. I got off the mattress on the floor. I felt fine enough to amble around the room a little. My muscles were sore, though.
When Jonghyun had confirmed that the coast seemed clear, I sighed and said, "Tell me what you know."

Jonghyun shrugged. His eyes dropped down to his bare feet. Footwear wasn't allowed here. It was supposedly a part of the dress code.
But I knew the real reason: it makes it harder for us city kids to run without shoes. We won't get far.

"Hyunjeong, I never thought I'd admit this, but I'm scared." Jonghyun ran a hand through his hair, worried.
Normally, I would have laughed and told him that he was a wimp. But there is nothing normal about being held hostage in a dangerous territory with possibly rabid werewolves running around at all times of the day.

"I know. I'm scared too. That's why we should work together." I reasoned. "They're probably still listening in on us, though, so we have to be careful."

Jonghyun nodded. "Here's what I know. Before he and Namjoo went to look for you, Eric told me that you needed to read the book. He said it was important that you do so." Jonghyun told me. "But I don't know where the book is."

"The little brown book that Suho gave him on the first night?" 

"Yes, that one. Eric seemed possessed, though. It was like he was following his orders. Namjoo, too. She must have been terrified, but her eyes were soulless, hollow. Maybe it was some ancient tribal voodoo."

"Voodoo?" That sounded silly. But given the circumstances, we couldn't rule out that possibility entirely. "Whose orders did they seem to be follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter