Prologue

Tempestuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Credits for this eerie Neukyong-themed poster/ image go to BaekHug's Design :)

"For the last time, there are no monsters out there, Hyunjeong-ah."
"Really, appa?"
"Really."

 

 

 

One phone call can change your life, believe me.

Especially if it's from your boss, Mister Choi Siwon.

He had an annoying habit of interrupting me whenever I was doing something important. Like right now, when I'm vacationing in my hometown of Seoul, for example.  

"Would it kill you to call me in the morning, Sir?" I sneered into the phone. He's quite easy-going, I'll give him that. We usually got along.
"It's 12:17 a.m. It is morning as far as I am concerned." He replied calmly. What a genius.

"Right. That's why you had to bother me when I'm unwinding after a long week of editing, what, 73 reports?" It was at times like these that I was grateful for the way he tolerated my snarkiness.
My mug of hot chocolate rattled as I accidentally slammed the bottle of nailpolish a little too hard on the bedside table. Evidently, multitasking does not exist.

"You're lucky I'm the boss. At least you still have your job. Anyone else would have ignored your request for a hiatus at a time like this. The world is abuzz with activity and we - those of us who handle the media - cannot afford to rest."

I clenched my teeth, mentally imagining myself grabbing him by the neck. Lifting him over my head, thrashing him around like a piece of meat...

"Shim Hyunjeong!" Mr. Choi shouted into the phone. "Do you want to get the scoop or not?" He was using informal language now, and that co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter