Chapter 15

My Immortal
" What do you mean by you're immortal?"
 
"As in, I can't die. Do you remember when I jumped off the roof? I honestly wanted to kill myself, but no matter what I did, I just wouldn't die."
 
Amber just stared at him, unable to comprehend what he was saying. She didn't know how to react. She was so baffled that she wasn't even aware of the temperature of the water changing. She unconsciously began to shiver; however, it wasn't her body that went numb, but her mind. 
 
Myungsoo might have been immortal, but he still experienced pain just like any other person.  Due to his injury, he struggled to reach for the handle to shut off the water. Though he wasn't too bothered by the cold water, he knew that it was affecting Amber. She was still in shock from this new revelation, and he could see that she was shaking. As soon as the water was off, he reached for a towel and wrapped it around the girl. Her lips were purple and he knew if she stayed in her wet clothes any longer, she'd get sick. 
 
Myungsoo cupped her face in his hands. He knitted his brow together when he realized how much she was shaking. If he didn't know any better he would've thought that she was going into convulsions. He spoke slowly and softly, still stern with his words. "Amber, I need you to change into dry clothes. Do you understand?" 
 
She remained still, unmoved by his words. It wasn't until a few seconds later that she finally reacted. "How-, how-, how can you be-, be-, be immortal?"
 
He was surprised that any words were even conceived through all her shivering. He chose not to answer, firmly holding onto her shoulders. "Amber, you're gonna get sick. If you go and change out of your wet clothes, I'll meet you in the living room and answer any questions you have, okay?" 
 
Amber nodded to show that she understood. 
 
-
 
" fiend? So you mean you're a y cat?" Amber snickered before sipping on her hot cocoa. 
 
Did she really just say that? Myungsoo smacked his forehead. He chuckled at her naiveness. "No, fiend. Not feline. I'm a cambion."
 
"Okay, I'm lost." 
 
"That's where it's hard to explain. Promise me you won't be freaked out by what I tell you." 
 
"You told me you were immortal. I haven't ran off yet!" Amber stated a matter of factly. 
 
"Yeah, but you didn't exactly react well," Myungsoo countered her declaration.
 
"Well, what do you expect? it's not something you hear everyday!" she huffed as she crossed her arms and pouted. 
 
Her reaction brought a smile to his face. Unfortunately, this did not ease his mind. He was unsure of how to tell her. What if her reaction was worst than that in the shower place. What was he going to do if she didn't react well? He anxiously took a deep breath. 
 
"I'm a demon. Well, part demon. My father was an incubus and my mother a human. That makes me a cambion. 
 
"Aside from being immortal, what else does a cambion do?" Amber inquired curiously.
 
"Well, I have the ability to move things with my mind. And a few other abilities that have led me to do some horrible things," Myungsoo's voice suddenly became heavy. "I'm not proud of the things I've done. I actually hate myself for it. There's no way I could ever make right what I've done wrong, but I'm honestly trying. I just-,"
 
"You can move things with your mind?! That's so cool!" Amber exclaimed as she scooted to the edge of her seat. "Can you do it right now? Move the remote!" 
 
Myungsoo looked at Amber with wide eyes. He couldn't believe her. Was she really not afraid of him, of the things he could do? He didn't know how to react. All he could do was stare at her in awe. He eventually snapped out of it and did as she asked. The rest of the day was spent with him using his a abilities to amuse the innocent girl. 
 
TO BE CONTINUED.