Chapter 16

My Immortal
"Did you want to go shopping after school?" Krystal asked Amber during their lunch.
 
"No, I'm sorry. I already have plans" Amber stated apologetically.
 
"Let me guess, you're hanging out with your boyfriend?" Krystal teased the short haired blonde. 
 
"He's not my boyfriend!" 
 
"He might as well be. You guys hang out all the time!" 
 
"I guess," Amber sighed. "I just wish we could make it official already." 
 
"Maybe you should be the one to do it!" 
 
Amber was surprised by Krystal's suggestion. She hadn't really thought of it that way. She really liked him. Why couldn't she be the one to take or further? A smile slowly appeared as her eyes arched into little crescents. 
 
"Gosh, at least you're at that point. I'm still waiting for Myungsoo to even acknowledge me. Why must he be so mean!" Krystal pouted. 
 
"He's honestly not that bad. I just think he's misunderstood," Amber defended her secret roommate.
 
Krystal's eyes quickly veered over to Amber and suspiciously glared at the girl, "How would you know? I thought you said that you didn't really know him."
 
"Uh, I-, I mean from what I've seen of him at school. He seems like he's misunderstood," Amber stammered before coming up with a reasonable excuse. "I mean, look at him! He's sitting by himself. Everyone probably assumes that he's stuck up, but maybe he's just lonely and wishes someone would eat with him."
 
The two girls stared at Myungsoo. Amber felt somewhat guilty for being a part of the status quo not joining him for lunch and whatnot. She then quietly muttered, "Maybe we should join him."
 
"You really don't know him, do you? He's not lonely. People have tried to eat with him. He just shoos them away. But no worries, I'm gonna get him soon enough. I just need to get rid of the few obstacles between us," she smiled widely.
 
-
 
Amber headed to the library after school. Although it wasn't evident, this new revelation about Myungsoo did bring about some worry in her mind. There had to be a reason for him to hate himself so much. He did warn her about the things he was capable of. She honestly didn't know what he was capable of and that might be the very reason she was afraid. She knew Myungsoo wasn't bad; she could see it in his eyes. What worried her was the side of him that she didn't see. She was just afraid that he would feel the need to leave if he saw the fear that was hidden beneath her smile.
 
Knowledge leads to understanding, this was a fact that Amber believed to be true. She decided this was the best way for her to rid herself of this fear, at least she could only hope this much. She was determined to find out as much information about him and his inner demons, no pun intended, as she could. 
 
After spending several hours in the library, Amber was content with her research. Walking back to her home, she started thinking about everything she had learned, the new knowledge she had acquired. Her mind was much more at ease now that she knew different methods of precautions she could take if a mishap were to happen.
 
Because she was in such a good mood, Amber started skipping to her destination. Her stomach suddenly growled reminding her that it was dinner time. She decided to see if Minho wanted to get something to eat with her. She quickly rang up the boy and the two made plans to meet for dinner. 
 
-
 
"I'm really glad you wanted to go out tonight," Minho said as he looked softly into her eyes. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you."
 
Amber looked at him earnestly, anticipating the words that would follow. He suddenly averted his eyes away from hers, staring at the food on the table. His finger began playing with the utensils. He was nervous and she could tell. Her patience was wearing thin. 
 
"Umm, I don't know why this is do hard. I guess it's because you're different from other girls. Umm, well..."
 
Amber decided to ignore his rambling and take matters into her own hands. With both hands, she quickly pulled him into a kiss. Her lips met his with a great force, shocking the boy. He didn't take long to reciprocate her affections. The two's lips brushed against each others, varying in softness and hardness. When they finally pulled away from each other, they continued to lean against the other's forehead, staring at each other with a smile on their face, panting for air. 
 
Breathlessly, Minho asked the blonde, "Will you be my girlfriend?" 
 
The petite girl eagerly nodded as a smile beamed from her face. 
 
TO BE CONTINUED