Façade chapter 1-

Façade

Word character count:3335

word count: 801

Façade chapter 1-

Sungmin gripped on Lauren's tiny hands, tugging the child gently as he urged her to move along. Sungmin didn't have any idea where he was heading to ; heck, he might be going in circles without knowing it. He just had to find somewhere-somewhere safe enough for the both of them to spend the night.

"Are you cold?"

Lauren shook her head and smiled, even though Sungmin could see right through its falseness. 

Who could still be genuinely smiling if they just got kicked out because he forgot to pay for the rental?

Sungmin couldn't really be blamed for not paying up...for a few months, he's trying his best to support himself as well as Lauren, and the little pay he got from his odd jobs got him literally NOTHING.

Sungmin only had ten thousand won left in his pocket,if he didn't find a method to get quick cash, he was either going to let the both of them freeze to death or starve.

Sungmin didn't actually mind starving though, but the problem is with his precious younger sister.

He would never allow Lauren to starve. Never.

The raven sighed. It was really dark and cold already, and he needed a place for the toddler to rest.

He glanced around, his doe eyes darting from place to place.

The street was dark, and barely a couple of cars passed by. Clicking his tongue in pure annoyance, a semi-detached house caught his eye.

For once, the house was blue, contrasting from the plain old colours of the other terraces.

And secondly Sungmin was closed enough to spot that the strong, sturdy, protective gate was unlocked and left ajar.

The owner was such a genius

 He hummed a little, spotting a little shed in the graden. It'll be a pretty good idea to spend the night there, then leave before dawn.

Silently, Sungmin scooped Lauren up and patted her gently, helping sooth her nerves. Trying to balance the weight of the toddler and his bagpack, he groaned and darted briskly to the terrace, pushing the gate open as silently as he could.

Sungmin knew that he shouldn't be sneaking into other's property, but he was desprate. And there was no way he could simply ring the bell and ask to stay at the shed for the night.

The wooden door slid open and its hinges groaned for some oil. The shed was old and crammed, and it smelt like aged potatoes. Someone must have left it in its place for years.

Sungmin rolled his eyes. That someone must be the genius that didn't lock his gate.

A thin grateful smile spread on Sungmin's face as he sat down, holding Lauren in his arms, cradling her. The shed was warm, and that was all he needed it to be.

"Its okay, its safe here. Sleep."

Sungmin hummed softly and threaded his fingers in Lauren's natural urban hair. It looks like he won't be sleeping that night. At least he'll be doing the house owner a favor of being a watchdog.

-----

Kyuhyun stalked around the house suspiciously. He certainly had locked his gate before sleeping. He was so sure of it he could have bet his head on it.

But why was the gate wide open when he woke up?

It wasn't very early in the morning, just late enough to have some sunlight and warmth.

But which burglar would be so dumb to rob in bright day-light?

And leave the gate open behind?

Kyuhyun huffed impatiently. He searched the WHOLE house, but found no one else's presence. Shrugging his suspicion away, he pulled the curtains open, allowing sunlight to seep into his house. The burette sighed contentedly, gazing at his tiny garden and miniature fountain. The birds were chirping brightly and his old shed's door was nighty degrees from the rest of the shed.

It was such a beautiful day.

Kyuhyun froze.

Wait what?

His shed was open?

Open as in open OPEN?

It hasn't been opened ever since he moved in two years ago. Kyuhyun was far too lazy to mow his garden or any of that sorts.

Kyuhyun approached the shed from behind, his hands gripped on a badminton racket, ready to hit any assassin in the face. He slid his foot to the side of the door and cautiously moved the wooden door apart so that e could take a glimpse of its contents.

Kyuhyun's eyes were met with another pair of hazels.

At that moment, Kyuhyun genuinely thought that the racket was really unnessasary.