Cc.

Love Time

 

 

Yooyoung honestly regretted her decision about watching a horror movie. She thought she could’ve handled it, but she should’ve just be frank with Jungkook and tell him the truth. Just a few minutes into the story and the creepy sound effects, were enough to make her squirm uncomfortably in her seat.

 

Jungkook must’ve noticed it too, because he glanced over worriedly at her and whispered, “Are you okay?”

 

She forced out a half-hearted smile. “I’m alright. Hey, the show’s about to start.” She tried to distract him.

 

But he was still being concerned about her. “Are you sure? We can leave now if you’re feeling unwell.”

 

“No, no I’m fine,” Yooyoung managed a small laugh to ease his worries. “I’m just…well I’m not exactly a fan of scary movies,” she finally admitted.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened slightly. “No kidding?” She shook her head. “Why didn’t you tell me then?” his expression turned guilty. “I’m really sorry. Do you want to see if we can try changing our tickets?”

 

He started to stand up, but Yooyoung quickly grabbed hold of his hand and stopped him.

 

“It’s really okay, Jungkook. Actually, I’ve been wanting to give it a try. This story has some good reviews too.”

 

He sat down again. “You sure?” At her nod, he simply smiled and offered his shoulder. Yooyoung peered at him curiously.

 

For protection. In case it gets too scary for you, feel free to hide behind me.”

 

 

 

 

Halfway through the movie, Chanshik was fighting to keep his eyes open. He personally wasn’t a fan of this genre and the whole plot was a little cliché for him. Jungkook and Yooyoung seemed to be doing fine on their own and although he witnessed some slight skinship, there was nothing that he felt the need to intervene.

 

His eyes were just about to shut close, when a sudden sharp cussing jolted him wide awake.

 

Startled, Chanshik cast a glance to his right side and saw a girl about his age, with both of her legs propped up on the seat in front of her and her hand buried inside a large tub of popcorn. He watched as she stuffed a mouthful of popcorn while mumbling something about the actors being too stiff.

 

Eyy! That doesn’t even look real at all. Seriously, aren’t those tomato ketchup?” she uncapped her bottled water and gurgled the drink thirstily. When she put it back down in the drink holder, her hand accidentally knocked over her popcorn tub and some of the contents spilled onto the floor.

 

“Ah, really,” she grumbled as she carelessly look down at the mess she made. “I paid a lot for those. And this movie cost me 10 bucks but they couldn’t even make it decent enough! So annoying.”

 

Chanshik was too absorbed in staring at her, that he didn’t realised he had been caught. Unknowingly, a piece of popcorn was flicked at his direction and hit him on the nose.

 

Yah, do you come to the movies to watch other people? I know I’m pretty,” she said with a flip of her hair. “But you don’t have to stare at me for too long, okay? If you want my number, you can just ask for it.”

 

He was amused. This girl was so shameless, it was actually enlightening.

 

“Yah,” her expression faltered when he remained silent. “Can’t you talk? Or are you totally blinded by my beauty?”

 

“You’re disrupting our peace and quiet,” he simply replied.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re noisy. Is that simple enough for you to understand?”

 

“Wah, seriously you. Who do you think you are?”

 

“Who do you think you are?” he shot back.

 

“Are you picking a fight with me?” she challenged him and started to stand up. “Let’s go out then and have a one on one chicken fight.”

 

Chanshik leaned his head back against the headrest comfortably and closed his eyes. “I don’t fight girls, sorry.”

 

“You – “

 

“Can the two of you please shut up?” someone hissed angrily from behind. “If you want to fight, get out of here.”

 

Chanshik held up his hand and bowed slightly as a sign of apology. He knew she couldn’t possibly see him clearly in the dark, yet he still shot her a glare.

 

“Didn’t you hear the man?” he whispered in annoyance. “Sit down and keep quiet if you still want to watch the movie, or kindly leave and let the rest of us enjoy our time here.”

 

He half expected her to storm away in anger, but to his surprise, she plopped back down and crossed her arms in defiant. He waited for her to shoot off again, but she didn’t say anything else and so neither did he.

 

 

 

 

After the movie ended, she left in such a hurry that Chanshik didn’t get the chance to apologise for their previous misunderstanding. He knew he didn’t owe her anything, yet he didn’t like ending things on such a bad note with anyone – especially with someone he barely knows.

 

But then, she seemed kind of familiar…

 

Just then, he remembered that he had to get out of there before either his sister or Jungkook noticed him. The last thing he needed was for Yooyoung to be mad at him for not trusting her enough.

 

Not wasting a second more, he sneaked away without risking another look behind.

 

 

 

 

“So how do you feel? Was it too scary for you?”

 

Yooyoung laughed and shook her head. “It was actually different from what I had in mind. I think I’m a little braver now.”

 

“Really? That’s good to know. Though, I do have something to ask of you.”

 

She lifted her head and looked up at Jungkook with curious eyes. He held her gaze briefly, and for a moment, Yooyoung felt as if time had stopped her entire world.

 

“Don’t keep anything from me next time,” he finally said. His tone was kind enough and he sounded genuinely concerned. “If there’s anything bothering you that I should know about, do let me know.”

 

“Oh…” Yooyoung giggled nervously. “Next time…? So, there is a next time?”

 

A knowing smile formed on his boyish face. “Do you want a next time?”

 

“Only if you ask me out for a next time,” she answered coyly.

 

“There will be a next time then.”

 

 

 

 

“Hop in, Jungkook. I’ll give you a ride home too,” Chanshik offered while he waited for Yooyoung to put on her seatbelt.

 

“It’s okay, hyung,” the boy declined politely. “My noona will be here soon. She already told me she’d pick me up.”

 

“Oh, is that so? Okay,” Chanshik smiled. “I’ll see you on Monday then. Be sure to finish all the homework I gave you.”

 

“Of course, hyung. I’ll see you. Goodnight, Yooyoung.”

 

“So did you exchange numbers, already?” Chanshik teased just as she was about to reply. “What?” he ducked when Yooyoung wanted to hit him. “Okay, okay. I’ll stop teasing. For now.”

 

Yooyoung ignored her brother and turned towards Jungkook. “Goodnight and take care.”

 

“I’ll see you in school on Monday.”

 

Yooyoung nodded and rolled up the car’s window. She waved him goodbye as Chanshik pulled away from the mall’s entrance and drove off.

 

She couldn’t have asked for a better first date and she was excited for their future ones.