Prologue

Rookie Celebrity



PROLOGUE - Winter


To say it was cold would be an understatement for the freezing temperature. It snowed heavily the night before and people have different opinions about it. Some liked it while some don't. Seokjin falls in the category of one of those who enjoyed snow the best. One of the reasons was that Seokjin has a thing for dramas and movies of the romantic genre — no, they are not entirely girly interests — and he really enjoys sitting in his cosy living room, all huddled up at the corner of his couch with layers of blankets.


He wished he'd be the cheesy main lead of the dramas he watched one day as he wanted to know how it felt like to at least pretend to be in love. He was about to fall into a slumber when suddenly someone barged into his house. Alerted, Jin quickly sat up in his seat in panic, turning to see who's at the door.


He narrowed his eyes at the person. "Jin Hyosang, can you knock for once?" He scolded his best friend.


"Nag, nag, nag," Hyosang rolled his eyes. The corner of his lips quirked into a wide grin after though, and it irked Seokjin quite a bit. One of Jin's eyes twitched before he raised a brow to his friend, "So? What brings you here?"


"I have something to tell— ew, why are you watching that?" Hyosang started but quickly paused when he saw the drama on his best friend's TV screen. The male protagonist was grabbing the girl's hand, engulfing her into a hug. One of those cheesy cliche scenes, mind you. "Don't go," the male lead mumbled into the girl's ear. The girl gasped, throwing herself away from the man. "No! Let me go!" She protested, flailing her arms around. The main actor pushed her against a nearby wall, effectively shutting her up when he sealed his lips with hers. The girl stopped protesting at the very moment, having an inner monologue with herself. "I shouldn't do this," she thought as she kissed him back.


Jin gasped, holding in the urge to coo at how romantic the scene was, despite how mainstream and over-used it is. The only differences were the casts and the title. Otherwise, most of the dramas he watched had the same storyline. Realizing how Hyosang was staring at him strangely, Jin cleared his throat and shut the TV off with his oh-so magical power, the remote control. "None of your business," he scoffed chicly.


Hyosang had no time to argue so he rolled his eyes in defeat. "By the way, there's an MV shooting near this neighbourhood," he continued with a grin forming on his face.


"No way!" Jin yelled out, not trusting his best friend of six years. "Where?" he immediately inquired, putting on his coat. Jin is a er for meeting actors and actresses, actually. He looks up to them like his idols. Because it's true. Jin had wanted to be an actor ever since he was young.


Hyosang only tagged along because it was honest more beneficial to him. He always secretly took photos of the casts and sold them to the die-hard fans for a high price. Sometimes he even asked for signatures, which, by the way, could be sold for a high price.


"Mhm, down by the street," Hyosang responded, the grin never leaving his face.
 


******



"What do you mean he's not here yet?" the director almost shouted, the creases on his forehead starting to show. It was getting late and fans were starting to get hard to control. Sasaeng fans. And as if the fans weren't trouble enough for trying to pry into their idol's life, the cast that was supposedly playing the supporting role for the music video was missing in action. They needed to get the MV done soon because it will be released in a few weeks. It wouldn't have been a big problem if they didn't have to edit and add things into the video.


"I don't know, director, but he just called and said—"


"I don't care why he's not here, I'm just concerned over this video! He should be here an hour ago!" The director yelled. His staff felt like digging himself into a hole because the director could be really impulsive when he's angry. So the staff glanced around. Fortunately two men seemed to be arrive to the site and his eyes lit up in delight. "There he is, director!" the staff pointed, hoping that one of the two men wouldn't mind faking as the supporting role.


"What took you so damn long?! Finally!" he nearly shouted at the two men. Both of them seemed thorougly confused, especially the taller one with the broad shoulders. "Me?" Seokjin frowned, pointing to himself.


"Well, who else if not you two? You're supposed to be the supporting role, yes?" the director in his forties rolled his eyes, glaring intensely at the two good-looking young men.


The slightly shorter of the two, Hyosang was confused too but he immediately had an idea as a mischievous smile formed on his face. "Ah, sorry we were late, Director-nim. There had been traffic because of a snow strom and we couldn't get here sooner," Hyosang frowned.


"And you are?" the director raised his brow.


"I'm his manager, Kidoh." Hyosang extended his hand, to which the director awkwardly shook with his. "This is Seokjin, the supporting lead, I suppose?"


The director was already mentally and physically exhausted. He just wanted to get things over with and even though he felt like slapping the faeces out of the two good looking men's faces, he would rather spend the rest of his night packing up and ready to get home. He didn't want to spend hours more in the cold.
 

Unlike Hyosang, who went by his pseudonym Kidoh, Seokjin frowned. What the hell was Hyosang thinking? "I'm not even an actor?" he mumbled out to "Kidoh". Hyosang shot him a glare and sent him the look that obviously read, "Just play along, will you?" through clenched teeth. Seokjin didn't like lying one bit. However, when he was about to voice out the truth, he was pushed into the shooting site and someone began discussing him about his role.


Apparently, Seokjin's role was the antagonist. Luckily his scenes weren't that much. He was starting to become a nervous wreck. He'd totally yell at Hyosang the moment they got home. "Don't you feel the slightest bit guilty to lie to someone? An older man at that too?" he already buried the thought deep in his mind.


He was obviously spacing out, but that was only until Hyosang threw a snowball at him. "Focus," he mouthed inaudibly to the former. Jin scoffed but nodded politely at the words said by the staff. His only job in the scene is to snatch a lady's purse.


"3, 2, 1 and action!" the director called out and the camera started rolling.


The casts were acting out well so far as the main lead of the MV, a rookie artist was shoved away by the female protagonist. Tears began to trickle down her cheeks as she ran away. Seokjin's role was only to snatch her purse and ran away. His face wasn't even going to show in the music video. It wasn't all that hard to do until a stranger popped out of nowhere and punched him in the face, effectively knocking him unconscious. 
 


 


 

A/N: ugly sobbing. thanks for subscribing, commenting and patiently waiting ;u; I love you all. Sorry I wasn't able to update sooner, by the way unu