o1

Beyond The Skies - Among A Thousand Stars
 
Do you believe in soul-mates? If the birds and other animals have their own mates; why can't us human have ours as well? Does fate really exist? 
 
 
 
 
Here, we go again! Shinae followed Tao into his penthouse apartment, as she sensed his eyes rolling in pure annoyance behind at the back of his head. She shout the door with a light slammed. Walking and following her friend into the kitchen, Tao slammed his hands onto the black marble kitchen island that sat at the center of the room--the kitchen. 
 
Behind him he heard plastic bags ruffling onto the floor as ShinAe had threw the bags that she's been carrying for the past twenty minutes in her hands onto the white wooden floors. Inside of those bags were ingredients she had bought from the market store to cook for dinner. Just for her and Tao, as she promised a week ago. Because of his hectic schedule, she plan to cook tonight. She wanted to make his favorite. Western food. Green Chile Pork Stew (Chile Verde)
 
"Tao, please..just hear me out." ShinAe uttered softly, almost whispering. Wanting to get a chance to explain what she had blurted out earlier was no lie, but true. Taking little baby steps towards him, Tao kept still, as his leaning forward back faced hers. His arms were flexed, stretching his long arms down while he pressed down tightly. 
 
Tao took a deep breath, "Stop it." He tried to calm himself down, by gently closing his tiring eyes. He growled lowly. 
 
About an hour ago, he had just finished practicing for hours and days for his high jump for the finals that he must be prepared within two weeks. Time was ticking, his wits of wanting to win was too much pressure. He could no longer waste time, and have nothing on his mind to interfere. His only dream. Only goal. There is nothing more he could ever wished for. High jump is his life and strength.  If he could just win the last round of the State finals, there will be a huge opportunity that he could possibly enter the Olympics. 
 
"You know my State finals are within two damn weeks! Damn you, ShinAe!" He cursed, allowing his anger to overtake him not by force but by emotions. "Out of the days, you decided to tell me now?!" His voice roared echoing the entire kitchen.
 
"The State Finals. You just don't want to go, is that why you came up with such a lie?!" He snarled as he decided to turn around and face his dear friend. 
 
"I never said that! Nor will I! Don't speak such nonsense words Tao." Her face flushed in red. Keeping her voice down. 
 
The flashbacks came right at her once again. Like lighting striking her raw. What she had seen and heard, it was almost too real to believe. The night before yesterday, ShinAe had gone inside of Tao's house to return some important belongings, not knowing his girlfriend was in. It was near six pm when she arrived. Knowing that Tao was not home, she made her way up the stairs and head down the left hall where his bedroom was. Nearly five steps away from his bedroom door, ShinAe halt and took two steps back hearing loud cries and moans. 
 
She froze. 
 
Holding the paper-works closely to her chest, she accidentally scrunched the edges of the folder when she spotted a woman and a unfamiliar guy on the bed. That man wasn't Tao. She nearly gasped. Placing her hand on , she was in great shock. How dare she takes another man, and sleeps with him in her boyfriend's home! On top of her boyfriend's own bed! Just a quick peek, she moved away from the ajar white double door.      
 
ShinAe finally reached out of Tao's penthouse apartment, and leaned against the thicken sliver door. Sliding her back onto it, she slid slowly down until she sat onto the floor. Trying to calm down, calming her fast beating heart to calm down, and breathe. She has no place to interfere their relationship what so ever, but yet she wanted to. Wanting to protect her dear friend's heart, before it all becomes a huge mess! Either way, Tao has to know, whether it'll break or kill him. 
 
 
The scene disappeared once another voice walked in, "Why are you yelling Tao? What's the matter?" ShinAe's head and eyes followed towards the direction the voice came from. Turning her head slightly to the right, she eyed a woman dressed in a plain cream knee height dress with a long sleeve beige cardigan. Tall, thin, and awfully pale, she was Tao's type kind of woman. Vivian was her name. Known as Tao's girlfriend of six months. 
 
She walked over to her boyfriend's side, and clutched onto him with her arm around his, ShinAe just played on a smile, then nodded. 
"I only cared that's why I told you. If I didn't I wouldn't cared at all. Please excuse me." She excused herself out of the kitchen area, then went out the penthouse apartment. 
 
"Babe. Tao. What is she talking about?" She snuggled bringing her face burying into his neck, giving him a smell peck here and there. Tao sighed, and grabbed a hold of her wrists and pulled away. 
 
"I'm sorry, I'm just tired." He uttered, then walked into his room, leaving Vivian alone in the kitchen. She loudly stomped her feet onto the wooden floors as she dragged her legs to walk back into her boyfriend's bedroom, whining. 
 
 
ShinAe did not know how long will her friend stay mad at her, for revealing something that should be fixed between the couple. Little did she knew, Tao had forgotten their dinner friendly date; therefore, he did not come as planned. She figured he was still upset. Another day had gone, no contact from Tao. 
 
Almost two weeks had gone by so fast but yet so slow. 
 
Exiting out of the Italian restaurant, ShinAe silently wept...never once had he missed out on their dinner at that restaurant. It was their third year of friendship. Walking down the dimmed sidewalk, the sky decided to rain. She was soon soaked and drenched in water. Wiping her tears that were now mixed with the rain, she halt then took off her black heels and threw them off to the side of the road. 
 
"You bastard! I hate you! You heartless piece of ---" She paused and held onto her scoldings. Taking the card that was specially for Tao that she had prepared, she tore the card in half and threw it in the air. The card was a congratulations for entering the Olympics, though Tao didn't directly tell her. She had found out while she was browsing through the net just a few days ago. She scold herself and lightly slammed her forehead, "You're so stupid! How can you be so dumb?!" 
 
Allowing herself to walk forward, with her head hung low, she let out a soft 'Oof' She had bumped into something. Looking up, her eyes twinkled in more sadness or probably more in happiness, "Silly, you're going to get sick if you walk in the rain like that." The voice said. Unknowingly, she stood under the person's umbrella. 
 
Tao let out a small chuckle, then threw one arm around ShinAe's small frame, and held her tightly. Waiting for ShinAe's response, he kept quiet. 
 
"You came." ShinAe said softly. Trying to hold back her tears, her voice cracked a bit. 
 
"Then are you dreaming?" His words lighten up a smile upon her wet face, she smiled uncontrollably. Then threw both of her arms and wrapped around his waist. Her face pressed against his harden and built chest, the weight, which seemed like thirty pounds of bricks fallen off of her shoulders while it lessened, and placed her at ease. 
 
His manly scent, filled her nostrils. How she missed his scent. 
 
Breaking the hug, Tao stared down at her and observed her painful soul..he leaned over and kissed her forehead lightly. "I want to apologize for the other day. I am truly sorry for making you wait at this hour. You know I would not have the heart to miss this important dinner. Let me make it up to you, let's have dinner at my place?" 
 
ShinAe stared into his eyes, she nodded. 
 
"What? No! I am completely soaked in water. I am not getting on your back!" She refused to get on Tao's back while he bent forward for her to get on. Quietly calming herself to talk in a normal voice, she jumped back as she heard her own voice. Was it too much? Sounded too desperate? Too needy? 
 
"ShinAe, you're barefooted. Come on, before I change my mind and let you walk." Tao sounded more demanded than wanting her to get on. 
 
With a quick reaction, ShinAe got onto his back, her back tensed up as she felt his arm wrapped under and over her legs, while it dangled which time he took a step forward. Her face jerked away when she felt his head tilt to the side to assure her that their definitely having dinner at his place no matter what.              
 
"Hold on tight!" He warned. 
 
ShinAe's expression changed, "What? Ahhh.." She screamed, and laughed as she felt Tao running with her on his back. Holding into onto him closely and tightly, while her body bounced up and down; she never felt this happy when she's with him. He playfully swirled around and around, then almost lost his balanced then held onto the railings onto his right side, and caught his balance. Making sure she wouldn't fall, he pushed her up a little as he felt her slipping. From the bottom of her heart, she knew Tao would not let her fall no matter what. He'd blame himself if anything had happened. 
 
The walk to Tao's house filled the empty streets with their laughter and lame conversations, like no one is watching them, and like no one is listening to their most stupidest jokes. And what exactly on earth are they doing? Acting stupid together happily as one in the rain. 
 
Once they arrived at Tao's house, they both made their dinner and enjoyed it by sitting in the living room, catching up on their variety comedy show, 1D2N season 3. Along with their pasta, they had added steak to hence flavor, and a some red wine on the side. Again, they were laughing their heads off like idiots to point where they had tears running down their red faces. 
 
A little toast to Tao's chance making it to the Olympics, they drew more wine into their system. 
 
With their eyes glued onto the flat screen TV, ShinAe continued to laugh...and while Tao who is sitting comfortably beside her sat there quite awfully quiet. "You know Tao..I ---" Her words paused once a light height hit her small shoulder. Looking over, his head was resting onto her shoulder peacefully; sound asleep. She chuckled.
 
Tao lightly shuffled to find more warmth as he scoot closer towards ShinAe and rest closely onto her body. Allowing it, ShinAe wrapped one arm around his neck, and scoot even closer. His head is now resting on her chest. Without any reasons, a sudden rush of tears came streaming down her firing and throbbing cheeks. With, still, her eyes glued onto the TV. 
 
Taking short breaths, trying to hold back her tears, she started to fan herself. In the end, she completely failed. Giving up, she gave up and allowed herself to cry silently. Knowing that she could never have him; it pains her. Even if it means just to be friends with him. It pained even more. The feeling that she's been hiding for the past three years, it was becoming harder to keep it inside. The longer she held it in, the sooner she felt like exploding into a million pieces. Her heart is now feeling like it's tearing a part more than ever. Hurts more than the first half of weeping. 
 
With the help of the rain raining heavily and sadly; her soft muffles and loud cries filled the living room.
 
 
"I love you." Tao murmured in his sleep as ShinAe helped him laid on the sofa, and tucked a nearby pillow under his head. Then went to the closet and grabbed a thick blanket and put it over his body. Shutting off the TV, she carefully threw the remote over to the coffee table, and made sure it landed on it, not under it. 
 
Ruffling through his thick black short hair, ShinAe gently removed her hand away, then caressed his cheeks, them lightly. Leaning down, she gently moved her face towards Tao and lightly pecked his forehead, then moved away. 
"I do, too. Good night." Her voice uttered quietly. 
 
Before leaving his penthouse apartment, she turned off all the lights in the apartment then went out the door. 
 
 
 
 
 
Once the door was finally closed, Tao gently opened his eyes, as it only welcomed into a room filled with darkness. Above him, his gaze only meets the dark high ceiling. For the very first time, he really had to question himself, what ShinAe had said was really what he was assuming.  But then, he shook it off his shoulders, and went back to sleep, not bothering to get up and walk up the stairs to sleep in his bed. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--Here's the first chapter! ((: Liked it?? Sorry if it was very lacking. It's like 3 in the morning, here! Please comment below and let me know how it was!!! I am planning to add a few more chapter, okay! So please stay tuned! I swear Tao is a 'bias wrecker'! Snap your fingers if you agree! LOL. Fyi, I do not edit my work, and I am sure there are alot off mistakes, hehehe. ignore if you could! If not, you'll just have to stick to it :D Thanks for dropping by, and read! No silent readers! Have a good night(: