The Song

❤❤ Summer "Saranghae"s ❤❤

‘I’m really going to have to sing for him, aren’t I?’ came Seunghyun’s thoughts as he walked along side the other. According to Jiyong, they were nearing their destination. They haven’t had to wander too far from the cafe at all, fortunately for both of them. He walked silently along, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his jeans. From the looks of things, they were going some place near his own home.

 

And then Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun, offering a soft smile before speaking, “This is probably odd for you.” He chuckled a bit, shaking his head at the thought. Anything could have been assumed, yet the taller male obeyed and followed Jiyong. He hated the fact that he so easily trusted people. “I assure you though, you’ll love where we’re going.” Jiyong added brightly.

 

The elder male quirked a brow in curiosity, “Really…?” He questioned suspiciously. Seunghyun examined their surroundings, noting that they were still nearing his own home. He lived in a nice, little neighborhood. It was clean and welcoming, and even looked brand new. “We’re actually very close to my house.” Seunghyun added to his question, giving Jiyong a quite curious look.

 

The latter just blinked up at him, chuckling softly. “I promise you we're not going to your house. I don't even have the slightest clue where you live.” He assured jokingly.

 

After a bit more walking, they turned a corner, Seunghyun continuing to loyally follow Jiyong, though the latter soon stopped and pointed to a beaten up, abandoned looking building. There were steps that led up to a small rooftop apartment. “Here. This is where I practice on my own.”

 

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong. “Oh...?” He questioned.

 

It seemed like Jiyong had a hard time getting out his next statement. He nodded, stuffing his hands into his pockets and looking at the ground for a moment. “I live here, as well.”

 

What he was saying was true. Jiyong lived on his own in this abandoned garage. He once was a very talented young prodigy, but after being rejected by a record company, his parents had dumped him, and all of his music making tools onto the streets. Luckily, Jiyong quickly found this place to stay, and has been working at a small restaurant called “Bing Bang’s” to save money in order to get himself a new home.

 

Seunghyun just… laughed. He looked at the other. Someone like him couldn’t possibly live in one of these tiny homes. “Let’s be truthful with each other, Jiyong.”

 

“What do you mean?” He asked in his own defense. “I’m being as honest as I can with a stranger!” He added quickly.

 

And that’s when the smile on Seunghyun’s smile vanished. Could this have been true? He blinked, struggling to get his apology out. “I--... I’m sorry. I thought you were teasing.” He admitted, meeting Jiyong’s gaze with his own for a short moment, only to show his sincerity. Now, Seunghyun stuttered. He was always full of confidence. But… something about Jiyong changed that about him completely. It almost scared him. This boy could be dangerous, and Seunghyun could almost admit he liked this.

 

The latter quickly shook his head. “You didn’t know. Don’t worry about it.” He assured, approaching the stairs. Jiyong quickly ascended them and unlocked his door. Opening it, he stepped aside to allow Seunghyun in first. Walking in after him, he held an arm out, gesturing towards the interior of the building. “Welcome to the Kwon household!” He laughed slightly, removing his shoes. Seunghyun did the same with a slight, appreciated nod and a look around. The apartment was generally neat, things put where they belonged, although some of Jiyong’s clothes were scattered.

 

As Jiyong continued to introduce his room, Seunghyun had been drawn to something else. On one side of the room, there was a desk that inhabited a laptop, and many papers. There was a beaten up notebook that seemed to be filled with notes. At a closer look, he quickly noticed that the notes weren’t only words, but they were lyrics to a song. And right under each syllable was placed it’s own musical note. Jiyong wrote music. And by the looks of it, he’d been attempting to record it. He ran a finger over the page, studying the entirety of the page with much interest. He hadn’t even noticed he was completely ignoring the younger male when he uttered the neatly scribbled title aloud, Summer ‘Saranghae’s …?”

 

Before he knew it, the notebook had been slammed shut in front of him, and Jiyong picked it up with a nervous smile. “It’s not finished yet. No peeking.~” He quickly told the other.

 

Seunghyun just slightly quirked a brow. “The structure of it all is great so far. And I really like the title.” He noted.

 

The comment only got Jiyong to flush. Boy, was this male sensitive. He looked down. “Ah, thank you.~” He mumbled, tilting his head in an appreciative gesture.

 

Seunghyun just smirked, stifling a chuckle. “Mhm. So, you brought me to your home in hopes I’d sing for you?” It was rather odd; Seunghyun didn’t even know this latter, though he’d easily admit he’d like to know him better. He just seemed so charismatic and appreciative about life; not to mention he was adorable. And somewhat irresistible. Only somewhat, and Seunghyun swore not to let it get to him. He looked at Jiyong expectantly. The latter nodded indifferently, his bright smile still decorating his pretty pink, lips. “Yes, exactly!~ Is there something in mind you've got?” He asked.

 

The taller, more masculine of the two shook his head immediately. “I actually wasn’t planning on singing for you in the slightest.” He admitted. “I mean, Jiyong, we’ve only just met. I’m in your house. For all you know, I could be some crazy killer.” He shrugged, a cautious tone in his voice.

 

Jiyong’s look was of confusion, and slight defeat at this point. He nodded. What the other was saying was true, but he’d known it wasn’t the case.

 

And that’s when Seunghyun apologized, and turned to leave. Even in the midst of all this, before he exited, he flashed a smile over at Jiyong. “You can earn my voice, you know, Jiyong. Meet me at the cafe in the morning. I’ll pay for the both of us.” Finally, without an answer, he stepped out.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

A/N: I apologize for the delay, and the short update, readers ^^;. I don’t have a computer back at home, and when I use mobile, it tends to want to glitch out. I’ll try and get to you more, I promise. Agh, I also apologize for the really ty update. Since it’s taken me so much time to write this chapter, I kinda lost my own muse in the end.