What's Left of My Heart

Don't You Believe Me?

Rina's POV

It's been about a month and a half since Seungho told me that he has a girlfriend. Our normal everyday conversations soon turned to us talking to each other once a week and for only a short amount of time. The days that we do talk face to face always ends up with Lizzy being with him. The first couple of weeks I could barely keep a smile on my face in front of Seungho. As the days progressed, it started to become easier to let him go. This past recent month has been dedicated to me being locked up in my room and listening to 'break up' music (although I don't see why it has to be break up when we were never together.) The one song that has the lyrics that I love the most is always on replay. Every now and then I tend to catch myself singing the same part of the song.

"In my memories we used to be together, but now we're gone. I can't hug you or touch you. You're not next to me anymore, you're gone."

My sister would check on me everyday before she goes to bed just to make sure if I was ok. Since I tend to get horrible anxiety attacks, she would make sure I'm at least calm and not naseous or having second thoughts on giving up on Seungho. No matter how many times I wake up and tell myself that today is the day to completely let go of my feelings for Seungho, once night time comes I completely forget what I want to do and go back to my heartbreak.

Since all I do is go to my classes and come home in my room, my mom and sister had convinced me (more like forced) me to start picking up a hobby that I can do for a couple of hours that WAS NOT in my house. Because I feel that I need to figure out another way to move on, I decided to start walking around the city. It's good exercise and I'm out of the house. It works for both me and my family.

Everyday for at least one hour I walk around the city and go grab something to munch on before I go back home. One day after my walk, I went to my usual convenience store to grab a bottle of water. When I went inside my eyes scanned the room and I happend to see Lizzy. I have two different sides to me when it comes to Lizzy. One side wants to beat her up for taking Seungho while the other tells me to keep calm and live on. I took my gaze away from her and went to get my water. When I turned around to go to the cashier, I saw Lizzy with a different guy. "Probably a family member." The both of them left the store. While I was waiting in line to pay for my water, my gaze looked outside the window only to see Lizzy kissing the guy. My eyes widened and deep inside of me was burning with fury and disbelief. "Ma'am?" I snapped out of my trance and quickly walked up to pay for my water. When I looked out of the window they were gone. 

When I got home, I quickly grabbed the nearest pillow and screamed out my frustration. "Rina! Dinner!" I could already feel my insides burning. The back of my throat was burning and felt poisonous. All around me I was just mad. 

During dinner time I tried eating but every bite I take I felt like throwing up because of the situation. All I did was took little bites of my food and drank water. "Rina is everything alright? You're not eating like you used to." I shook my head. "I'm not feeling too good. May I be excuse and eat the food for lunch tomorrow?" My mom nodded, knowing that I'll speak with her when I feel ok.

After my shower, I couldn't even think straight. In my head I was fighting with myself on how I was going to tell Seungho, or if I am going to tell him. I sat in the middle of my bed with my phone right in front of me. I head a knock on my door, "Rina? It's mom." Maybe my mom can tell me what I can do. "Come in!" My mom slowly opened and closed the door.

"Rina, you're going to have to talk to me about what's bothering you. I can tell that you're health is acting up and I feel it's best if you tell me what's wrong." "Mom, what would you do if...you saw your best friend's girlfriend with someone that is not him?" My mom had a bit of a shocked face. "You mean Seungho's girlfriend is being unfaithful?" I nodded. "And since then I've been debating on what to do. It's not my business to meddle into someone's relationship but at the same time, that's someone I love and I don't want to see him hurt." Hot wet tears were starting to form. My mom layed my head down on her lap and she started to brush out my hair. "Sweetie, I know you're in a war between your heart and your mind. You're heart is broken and your mind is at a constant battle with itself. If you really love Seungho and you feel that it's right, then I would tell him, face to face. Your sisters and I are going to be out of the house tomorrow between 2 and 5. You should tell him." I nodded while I stretched my arms out to my phone.

Me: Hey! Can you come over to my house tomorrow at around 4? I have something to tell you. It's really important.

I sent the text. I can slowly feel my anxiety slowly kicking in. I quickly got up and sat up straight, trying to bring myself inner calmness. My phone rang.

Seungho: Ok, I'll be there tomorrow.

"Seungho's coming over tomorrow," I told my mom. My mom pushed away my hair from my face and rested her hand on my cheek. "You'll be ok. Just do what you know is best."

The Next Day~

It's almost 4 and I have been trying to calm myself down a bit. I was just nervous as to whether he'll believe me and how he would react. When I heard a knock on my door, my heart started accelerating. "Ok Rina, just calm down. You can do this"

I went up to the door and opened it. Seeing Seungho after a long time has brought up all of those feelings that I have been desperately been trying to hide. "Hi Seungho," I said with a smile. Although inside of me has been filled with panic, my smile actually felt genuine. "Hey Raina, it's been a while." "Yeah it has. Come in." I stepped aside to let him in close the door behind him. Seungho sat on the couch while I went to the kitchen. "You want anything to drink?" "No I'm ok, I'm actually on my way to Lizzy's house for a surprise date night at the park."

My insides started to get heated up again. I went back to the living room and sat at the single chair that was in front of the couch. "So what was important that you had to tell me?" The anger inside of me cooled down and my mind started to panic again. He went straight to the point so it caught me off guard. "uhmm well...." I paused. I took one deep breath and sighed it out, knowing what I was going to say. "Ok, there's no easy way to say it. Yesterday when I was at a convenience store getting water I saw Lizzy kissing another guy. I'm sorry." 

I felt relieved that I was able to lift off one stress. Seungho just had this puzzling face. "Seungho?" He stood up. "You're lying." I was taken back. "Wait, what?" "Rina she can't possibly be cheating on me." "And why would you say that?" This time I was getting mad at him. I never give him attitude but his pride and stubborn personality was getting me. "Because I know Lizzy and she would never do that to me." "Bullcrap," I said behind my breath. "What?" I looked Seungho straight at his rage-filled eyes and I just let him have it. "Bullcrap! You're seriously going to believe this girl that you've been with for almost 2 months and not me, whom you known for years?" "And I'm seriously going to believe someone who has been having a crush on me for years?" My eyes grew wide. "You knew," "Yes I knew! I've been knowing." Rage started building up inside me. This time it was because of Seungho. "So now we're going to bring this up. Ok." "What do you mean bring this up?" Tension started to build up between us. "You're completely forgetting the fact that at this moment right now, that woman could be cheating on you and now you want to accuse me of lying because of my feelings towards you!?" "Stop calling her a cheater and put aside your petty feelings towards me!" For the first time in our entire friendship he has yelled at me. The rage that was built up for the past 24 hours was finally released. "I can't ok! I don't just like you, I love you! Ok! I love you! Is that what you need to hear!?" No matter how many times I try to be brave during an argument, I tend to get emotional. "And I'm telling you THE TRUTH because I love you!"

Seungho still had his angry face. ""She's not who you think she is!" Seungho, after running his hand through his hair turned around, eyes burning a hole through my head. "And I don't know who you are!" The little bits of my heart shattered. The anxiety that I was trying to push back soon started to appear. I tried calming down by breathing in calmly and smoothly but it was becoming difficult. "I'm going to leave." The house fell quiet and all I could hear was Seungho's foot steps, the door closing, and my cries.

I sat on the couch sobbing on the pillow. I heard the door open along with my sisters and mother's laugh. "Hey Rina," I heard my sister. The moment she walked in the living and saw me, she ran up to me. "Sister, I don't know what to do anymore." I started sobbing on her shoulder. "Rina. If he didn't believe then let him be. He'll learn by himself one day and all he can do is come to you and appologize. But you can't let yourself fall a victim to him hurting you. You gotta stand up and continue going one day at a time."

 

A/N
Hello! Ok so I finally wrote out what I was thinking when I thought of this short fic. It kind of got jumbled up with new ideas I had while I was writing so it might be a bit repetative. 

Comment what you guys think and I'll post another update as soon as possible.

Btw, MBLAQ is having a comeback really soon!!!!! :D