Should I Get Over You?

Don't You Believe Me?

Rina's POV

Slowly opening my eyelids, I woke up to the peace and quiet that is my home, or my empty home if you ask me. If I was able to sleep in a bit and wake up to no noise at all, that must means my mom and two older sisters are out and about. I reached out and grabbed my phone only to see a text message from my friend Seungho. My heartbeat accelerated a bit just seeing his name on my phone. Although me and him are good friends, I have always had an immense crush on him. 

Seungho's text: Text me back when you see this! I have something important to tell you ^^

Important? What could be so important? Could it be that he might confess to me!?

I had to sit up from my bed and slap my cheeks a few times to wake me out of my thoughts. I could already feel my cheeks feeling a bit warm just of the idea of him liking me. I quickly grabbed my phone to text him back.

Me: Hey! I just read your text. When do you wanna meet up?

As I awaited for his response, it didn't even take him 2 minutes to respond back.

Seungho: 2:00 at our favorite cafe. I can't wait to tell you the announcement ^^

As I looked at the clock, it read 12:00 P.M. "Man, I slept that late?" I put my phone up and went to the bathrom to take a shower and get ready.

By 1:30 I was finished getting ready. My hair was slighly wavy and I put on a bit of makeup. My outfit was a bit chic but yet comfy to my preference. All throughout the day I couldn't help but think what Seungho's announcement might be.

At the cafe~

As I walked in the cafe, I went up to the cashier to order me a quick cup of coffee. Once I got my coffee, I looked around and saw Seungho. I felt my heart flutter when I saw his smile. As I got closer to him, I woman walked up to the table and sat next to him. "probably his cousin or something." 

I pulled out a seat and continued to smile. "Hey Seungho." I looked at the woman that sat next to him and decided to introduce myself and not make myself seem rude. "Oh Hello. My name is Rina." I placed my hand in front of her and she shook my hand as well. Seungho cleared his throat to catch our attention. "Lizzy, this is, of course, Rina. Rina this is my new girlfriend." 

All in that moment my heart dropped. You know those moments on TV where you hear a record abruptly stop? Yeah that sound was being played in my head right now. Beside that sound, I also could hear pieces of my heart breaking into millions of pieces. Putting aside my broken feelings, I continued smiling and played along. "Oh. So this is what you wanted to talk to me about. Congratulations to the both of you."

As I continued on with my stay at the cafe, I could see how much they both liked each other. The exterior of me made it seem like I was perfectly happy for them. The inside of me however, a complete different story. Inside I was crying up a storm, blaming myself for not telling Seungho how I felt for the past couple of years.

"Seungho, we should get going, The movie is about to start pretty soon." "Oh that's right!" Lizzy stood up and Seungho, being the gentleman he has always been, took her coat and put it on for her. "Thank you for coming Rina! I'll talk to you later." "No that's fine, enjoy your alone time with Lizzy. Enjoy yourselves." I got up and started getting ready. "It was nice meeting you Lizzy." "Nice meeting you too."

The three of us went outside of the cafe right into the cold. "Be careful getting home Rina," Seungho said. "I will, you two get to the movies now!" I waved the both of them goodbye as they quickly left for the movies. Finally, how I was feeling inside came out and my face was contorted to make it look like I was crying.

At Home~

As I walked inside and took of my shoes, I slid both of my feet across the floor and plopped my body on the couch. "You ok Rina," asked my eldest sister. The only thing I can do was grab the closest pillow and scream into it. After my small fit, I finally calmed down a bit to answer my sister. "Seungho has a girlfriend now." My sister knows that I have had the biggest crush on him. The only reason she knows is because she would always catch me talking about him non stop. 

My sister made me sit up while she sat herself down, slowly laying my head on her lap while she plays with my hair. My mother and sisters always know how to calm me down when I am really upset over a situation. They even know that I can't stress much because of my health. "I should have told him sister. All I can think about is how happy the both of them seem. I keep blaming myself for waiting too long to confess."

After a few moments of silence and just enjoying bits of peace and quiet, I suddenly said something that officially broke my heart. "Maybe I should get over him. Doesn't make sense for me to like him when he likes someone else." Breathe in, breathe out. "If he's happy, then I should be happy for him."

My sister sat me up and looked me in the eyes. "Do whatever your heart says, even if it's deeply scarred. Just remember who you really are as far as what your values are and who you are as an independent woman, okay?" I smiled a bit. My sister always know what to say and how to make something good out of a situation.