Chapter 14

Above Human

It was five in the morning and  stretched my arms as I gaze through the Pearl on the vial on my bed drawer. I still can’t believe it Kai. A smile crept up my lips as I looked at the glowing Pearl of Life of my father.

 

“Soojung! Get down here and watch this movie” I heard Luhan oppa called my name downstairs as I answered back and changed on y usual house clothes and tied my hair in a perfect bun.

 

“Where’s the other guys oppa?” I looked around for the others as I grabbed a bun and munched on it.

 

“Hmmn, Suho told them to get proper training after Kai’s incident last two months, he just told them to stop slacking off” He switched the channel again and looked at me.

 

“Are you okay without Kai by your side for a long time Soojung?” I nod as I gave him a smile and stood up and put my hands on my hips and smirked at oppa infront of me. “Oppa, I wanna go in that training in the camp….” I pointed at him as I heard the doorbell rang and was shocked to see someone visiting me. Who could it be?

 

“The Croxxus were gone, and the horters probably lose their abilities” Oppa stood up and opened the curtain a little as he gazed at the gate.

 

“Its your friend Amber” He pointed outside as he widened his eyes.

 

“Amber?”

 

“Yah, the oppanoona that Kris saved, she was been locked up and the Croxxus imitated her” I looked at him as I looked at Amber who wears the casual cap and shirt as I rushed outside and opened the door.

 

“YAHHH KRYSTAL WHAT IS WITH HUG?” I pulled myself from her and pinched her cheeks.

 

“Aigoo, did you remember that you called my oppas handsome when you got here?” Amber’s face turned into a sour one as he laughed hard until her stomach aches.

 

“ME?” she pointed at herself as Luhan oppa came beside me and looked at Amber. She is not that girl who went here last time. It’s a Croxxus.

 

“Anyway, is the stupid jerk guy living here?” she peeked at my back as her eyes landed on Luhan oppa beside me giving him a slight bow and smile.

 

“Hi, you are probably looking for Yifan” He butted in as I raised one of my eyebrows and looked at Amber who was biting her lip in annoyance.

 

“Yifan?” I looked at Luhan oppa as he looked at me, Yifan is Kris human name. He smiled at me as I nodded and looked at Amber again as she smiled. “And why are you looking for oppa, Amber?”

 

“I owe him bigtime---I mean I owe him something”

 

“What is it?” I tilted my head as Luhan oppa waited for her answer.

 

“I told him I’ll teach him basketball in our court one time, but I guess he is not here so I will go now and come back” I can see disappointment on her eyes as Luhan oppa chuckled at her.

 

“He will come back here, you see Yifan is a type of person that when he likes to do something he will find a way to do it, I remember him wanting to play that game but he is not allowed to” Amber and I looked at him who talked about Kris suddenly. Oppa is not allowed to play basketball? He nodded at me as he continued telling about Kris’s matters.

 

“Well, her mom just doesn’t want him to meddle with such people” He shrugged as I looked at him with doubt. Is that really the truth behind his matters? I crossed my arms and he looked at me. He tried escaping but in the end he was locked up at his own room.

 

“Ah poor dude” I heard Amber said as she crossed her arms and snapped her fingers pulling out her phone from her pocket. “Then can you give me his number or anything where I can contact him through?” She looked very persistent on getting Kris’s information that my heart thumped so hard because I don’t know what to give her as I looked at Luhan oppa to ask for his opinion. Kris’s doesn’t have any gadget or what, he rarely go here. What to do?

 

“Doesn’t he have even a mobile?” Amber tilted her head as I cleared my throat and lied at her for the sake of their secret.

 

“Actually, his phone got stolen just a month ago and he find it too burdensome to buy a new phone, so yeah—he doesn’t have any phone right now” I chuckled as I felt Luhan oppa exhaled deeply and fixing his collar.

 

“Ah, then maybe I should go to Sulli’s house and mock her.” She clicked her phone off and I nod as I smiled widely because of her great idea.

 

“Maybe you should accompany her on her date” I spilled it out.

 

“Date?”

 

“He is dating my friend, Minho” Luhan butted in.

 

Amber hissed as she ran towards Sulli’s house not really far away from mine. “See you then Krysy!” she bid good bye as I held onto the pillar of my pole and exhaled deeply. “Oppa’s in danger now because of Amber” I sighed as Luhan oppa nodded.

 

“I need to get him here, but—they just got there” He hissed as he tapped his chin thinking for a way. “Lets go back to XTD”

 

“AHHH WHEN?”

 

“Now” He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the university which is only a kilometer away from my house.

 

 

***

We arrived at the quarters with our butts first landing on muddy grass near the Amateurs practice area. “What the hell did this place become all wet” Oppa rubbed her stained pants as I looked at how dirty it is.

 

“I think we need to change first oppa” I stood up as I saw ball of fire coming towards our way and a voice shouting.

 

“RUUUUN!!! SOOJUNG RUN” I heard Chanyeol oppa shouting as he ran towards his own ball of fire.

 

“Oh no” I ran as I pushed Luhan oppa away making him slide down on the mud again with this time his face first that I cupped my mouth and avoided laughing. “Ooppps”

 

‘CHANNYEEEOOOOOL!” He ran towards Chanyeol as I chuckled seeing the tall oppa running for his life against the deer like oppa running after him.

 

“DON’T EVER LET ME CATCH YOU OR YOU ARE SO DEAD!” I walked a few steps as I saw a wolf coming towards my way. Kai?

 

“I know its you” I just heard a growl from the wolf but then it ran away and I just smiled running after Luhan and Chanyeol oppa.

 

“Soojung what are you doing here?” I turned around and looked at Sehun who was playing with a ball of air on his hands making it bounce up and down like a yo-yo as I smiled.

 

“Going to get Kris oppa and bring him to his dungeon” I joked as he tilted his head and chuckled. “Wanna see my improvement? Oh—and also Tao’s” he butted on my statement as I nod and followed him.

 

“Did you improve a little huh maknae?” I crossed my arms as I kept on stepping on the twigs on the floor as he looked at me and hissed as he stopped and pointed at me. “We are just the same age in Earth Soojung, so don’t call me a maknae or I will let you see who is the maknae here” He leaned closer to me as he smirked at me when I heard a familiar voice.

 

“Can you stop being flirty Oh Maknae Sehun, if you don’t want your face to get ripped off” I turned around and looked at the olive toned guy standing behind me with his top off.  So he is the one I saw a while ago.

 

“Im just ---being too friendly” the maknae scratched the back of his head as he ran away and leave the two of us and I cant keep my gaze away from the guy infront of me.

 

“Did you miss me?”

 

“Not much”

 

“Then why did you come here?”

 

I looked at him and thought of kidding him, I do really missed him. A lot. I missed him so much I want to take him to my realm and live with him forever but I just can’t, his life is here at the quarters and he can only visit once in a while on my place.

 

“I came to get Kris oppa”

 

“Op—pa?”

 

“Yes, he somehow owns someone a favor”

 

He waved his hands infront of me and shook his head. “You called him oppa? And what do you call me?”

“Kai”

 

“I cant believe it, cant you even be more sweet towards me?”

 

‘AHHH WAE?”

 

“You called Kris ‘oppa’ and you expect me..” I cut off his sentence as I jumped onto him and give him a peck on the lips as I pulled myself from him and smiled at him. “I miss you oppa” I kissed his lips again and this time passionately than before.

 

“HEYYY CAN YOU STOP THOSE DOINGS? I MIGHT KICKED YOU OUT OF THE QUARTERS” We heard Suho oppa shouted as I saw all of them looking at us with mocking faces.

 

“Yah, how many minutes are you watching us?” Ka shouted at them as he ran after them.

 

“RUUUUUUUN!!!!” All of them ran together as I crossed my arms and looked at those twelve unnatural boys who became a part of my life, they may be not human but their deeds are much better than what a real human does. Infinite friendship, sacrifices and love. And I Soojung am proud to say that Iam above human among all and I wont let anyone o touch anyone of my friends.

 

“SOOOOOJUUUUNNNNNGGGGGGG PPALI!” Kai shouted as he continued chasing the others and I nod as I ran towards their direction.

 

I love this wolf guy named Kai.