Chapter 13

Above Human

Soojung ah, I hope you will always remember me. Always love me coz I will always love you no matter what. I woke up again hearing Kai’s voice. “Kai” I hugged my knees as I saw myself on the bedroom with Luhan oppa lying on my side soundly sleeping. Im sorry oppa for letting you worry so much bout me, Iam really sorry. I jerked up as I heard some objects falling downstairs tht I shook oppa and woke him up.

 

“Soojung wae?”

 

“Oppa, can you hear them? They are shouting”

 

We looked at each other as he stood up and opened the door, walked slowly to see Amber inside our house. I will come to greet her but oppa pulled me to him and covered my mouth. “She is a Croxxus, your friend Amber is in real danger because they copied her already” I felt my tear falling again as I heard it from him. Another innocent life got lost because of me. Amber-ah. I tried to control my tears but as I saw how the Amber downstairs fought aginst Kris oppa and Xiumin oppa, I realized one thing.

 

“I must save Kai” I looked at Luhan oppa as he shook his head preventing his own tears to fall but then he grabbed my arm and looked at Sehun and ordered him something.

 

“I will go with you”

 

“The guys”

 

“They can live, but you cant

 

“Luhan hyung, why did you suddenly ordered me to go here?” I looked at Sehun who was having blood stains on his shirt.

 

“Blood” I pointed as he shook his head.

“Don’t worry it’s a dirty blood Soojung” he patted my head and grabbed my arm.

 

I went with them to the headquarters where Kai went, we managed to get there in no time and saw how wreck the place is. My dream. I covered my mouth trying to think they are still a nightmare, but Im wrong, they are the real thing.

 

“Soojung” I heard a familiar voice and saw Sulli limping coming towards me.

“Sulli ah” I hugged her as I saw her knee all wounded. “What happened to you” I looked at her wounds as she placed her palms on it and then in a minute only stains were left.

 

“Me and Lay oppa came from the same family so don’t worry” She gave me a sweet smile as I hugged her tight.

 

“Jinri, did you see Jongin?”

 

She just bit her lip and looked at the woods. “He came here the other day, he was carrying nothing but himself. He looked so fierce he ran through the woods and transformed into a wolf immediately. The next day, I woke up hearing roars of thunder and lightning striking. I though Jongdae oppa is here, but I remembered only Jongin oppa came, so I thought something bad happened on Earth”

 

“Then where did you get those bruises” Luhan opp pointed at her bruises as she cried.

 

“The Horters came and killed Sunyoung unnie, Victoria unnie, Tiffany unnie and the other sempai’s here. Im too late that I saw them already bathing on their own blood that I ran for my life, but a horter saw me and ran after me,  hid behind th bushes not knowing it’s a Sporotrix, so I got hurt like this”

 

“The Horters did came, then the Croxxus crossed the human realm” Luhan oppa tapped his chin as I looked around that I felt something stung my heart.

 

“Kai..”

 

“Soojung”

 

Oppa, I think Kai is hurt, I can feel it. I think his pearl.. I cried as Luhan oppa ran to look around the wrecked headquarters. “I can trust the two of you right? Sehun, Sulli?”

 

“Dae” the two bowed as I butted in. “ I will help in saving Jongin” he gave me a nod as I smiled. Kai, I will come and get you alive.

 

The four of us ran through the woods and encountered a lot of Horters, nexpectedly Sehun was so good same as Sulli, her healing abilities can  be a disadvantage because he can also control the plants, Luhan oppa’s mind manipulation ability has been so useful when those horters tries to sip our souls.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked Sehun who was finding her breathing pathway as Sulli lay a hand on his chest and concentrated.

 

“Gomawo Jinri” he smiled as he finally caught his right breathing. Im tired. Jongin where are you.

“We can stay here for a night and later we can go down the woods, and Im expecting to see a wolf later” Luhan oppa looked at the sky as he saw the moon changed its phase into a full moon.

 

“He must be hungry by now” I said as I received a chuckle from oppa beside me.

“You sure are inlove by that dog huh” I nodded as I looked at the deepest part of the forest and looked for the possibility of a wolf. The dark alley, I can see the dark alley from here.

 

“Soojung what are you talking about?”

 

I pointed at the dark alley I was always dreaming of. “I always dreamt of Kai being there trying to kill, then one second caring for me, that alley was so mysterious I don’t know it really exists.”

 

“If you dreamt of Kai being there, then there is a possibility that he can be really there” I nodded as I smiled. “Maybe Kai predicted of this thing after all and he is trying to give you the message in your dreams”

 

“He always appears on my dreams and giving me weird stuffs”

 

“True soulmate it is”

 

“Papa gave him to me after all” I picked the vial he left from my pocket and looked at it glowing.

 

Gomawo na papa.

 

“Lets rest first”

 

I nodded as we took a rest together with Sul and Sehun.

 

 

***

 

Soojung! I know you are gonna be okay, I hope you will. We will see each other soon. I saw Kai wearing all white as he gave me a smile and a light engulfed him through a maze with no ending. I cried.

 

“Soojung” I felt someone shaking my body as they woke me up.

 

“Kai”

 

Upon hearing the name Im longing for, I sat up and saw a wolf with fading red eyes fainting exactly infront of me. Kai?  

 

“We need to get him to Lay!” Sehun shouted as I carried the unconscious wolf in my arms. Kai, wake up, you shouldn’t be sleeping at times like this, wake up Kai!

 

Babo, I told you we will be together forever right?The wolf infront of me smiled as we ran through the portal.

 

“KAI YOU NEED TO BE ALIVE YOU JERK!” I shouted as soon as we landed on the human realm and ran at my house.

 

“THEY ARE HERE” I heard the guys shouted as they opened the door, I lay Kai’s lifeless body on the couch as I try to calm myself down.

“Lay, heal him!” Suho ordered as he bend towards the wolf who was panting hard and trying to get all the air he can get.

 

Oppa save him, jebal!  I cried inside my mind as Luhan hugged me tight trying to calm me down. He will be alright Soojung, he is still a tough and bad wolf who cant easily die. He smiled at me as I heard Lay gave a whooping cough and spitting blood.

 

‘OPPPA!”

 

“Soojung ah, Im sorry, I think his pearl is going off, I don’t know what can I do, my powers cant reach him, Im so sorry” Oppa uttered as he fainted while coughing off blood.

 

I cried as I saw two people important to me trying to fight for their lives. Is this my fate? To kill a loved one? If this is the reason why Im still living then can I just leave and let them all live.

 

No Soojung, you are not at fault. We are just not meant to be, Im so sorry.

 

I love you Krystal.

 

On his last breath on that summer night, I heard him call me by my human name . Krystal as I nodded and ran to him giving him a tight hug.

 

I love you no matter what Kim Jongin.