Chapter Two

Let Her Go (JeTi - on going)

My gosh, you guys don't have any idea on how busy I am with my life for the last couple of days.Good thing I wrote this days before I got busy, right? >< So anyway, here you go! :D


Pardon my errors. >< Really no time. ><

 

 CHAPTER TWO 

 

 

Raging chimes of the doorbell irritated Jessica since her head was pounding. Actually, hearing any type of sound caused her head to hurt more, she couldn’t deal with the constant pressing on her doorbell. Couldn’t that person comprehend that nobody wanted to open the door or nobody was home? She figured she would give it a couple more seconds and they would leave eventually like any normal person would do. She should just close her eyes and go back to sleep. She needed for this flu to go since she couldn’t afford to ditch two more days. Tomorrow would be fine, but missing three days of school would just be too much workload piled up. Jessica sighed at the mere thought of it.

 

Not only did the ringing of the doorbell continued, it was now accompanied by someone banging on Jessica’s door. Despite feeling dizzy, she got up from bed to see who it was. Since she was the only one living there, for the person outside to bug her that much, she figured it was important or at least she hoped it was. Now, walking from her room to the front door was actually too much work since her legs were beginning to tremble, not being able to support her well. She opened the front door just to see Tiffany standing there, looking distressed. “I have no energy to entertain you so come back some other time,” Jessica’s eyes were becoming heavy, feeling sleepy. “I need to rest.”

 

Tiffany lifted the paper bags that were in her hands. “SooYoung told me you’re sick so I brought food and some medicine.” She then stepped in Jessica’s home without waiting for an invitation; she took off her shoes and placed it on the shoe rack and hung her coat in the closet. “I can’t believe you’re still sickly.”

 

“My immune system never changed.” Jessica murmured as she slowly, draggingly walked back to her room.

 

“No asthma, right? Because I can’t get your meds for that.”

 

Jessica shook her head and soon regretted it as it caused her to feel more nauseous. “And thanks for the medicine. Just get some cash in my bag.” Even though she already had her antibiotics from her doctor yesterday at the urgent care, she didn’t tell Tiffany that since the girl went out of her way to get those for her.

 

“Go to bed. I’ll be there,” Tiffany said as she tailed behind Jessica to the latter’s room, and then she pointed behind her shoulder with her thumb towards the living room. Just when Jessica was in her bed, she fixed the blonde’s comforter, making sure she was nicely tucked in as though she was babysitting a child. She then laid the bags she got on the floor, fishing for the box of soft gel cool patch she got from the pharmacy. “I’ll just put this on you so it’ll help with the fever, okay?” Jessica just looked at her, not complaining and so she decided to take that as an approval. “Did you puke?” Jessica moved her head in a nodding manner, but at the same time, the movement was so minimal that it was hardly considered a nod. Tiffany sighed at her friend’s weak state. “You need to eat so I ordered some porridge from a Chinese place. Eat that when you wake up, okay?” Tiffany turned off the lamp on Jessica’s nightstand. “Just call me when you’re awake; I’ll work on my homework.”

 

Before closing her eyes, the last image she had on her mind was Tiffany. She wondered why a girl like Tiffany was this caring towards her since Taeyeon, whom she loved for the longest time, was never like this to her. Actually, there were good parts about Taeyeon; whenever Jessica was sick just like today, she would be the one setting a doctor’s appointment so the blonde wouldn’t have any choice but to go in and have herself diagnosed. Sometimes, she would also bring some fruits or check if she was alive and then would leave right away; however, it was never to the same level as Tiffany, who, without being asked, brought her food and medicine. She even made sure Jessica had a patch on her forehead before leaving her in peace, and was still outside, waiting for her recovery. She made a mental note to thank Tiffany by treating her to somewhere nice, but she hoped to not forget that note simply because she was ill.


 

*****


 

Tiffany stood by the door, her arm was leaning on the side as it was holding her weight, she then sighed at the sight. “How many times has this been?” She asked as she was watching Jessica brush her teeth after vomiting. “You’re still so sickly, it should be a world record of how many times you get sick in a year.”

 

Jessica giggled, slightly feeling better. “I get sick about once a month, but it’s nothing life threatening, you know? I just really have a horrible immune system,” she said after rinsing . “What time is it, by the way?” She looked behind her and then started to walk; her arm was soon grabbed by Tiffany to assist her back to her bed. “I’m not that ill, you know?”

 

“I know. But it helps me feel a little bit better when I know you won’t fall.” Tiffany sighed. “Do you want anything? Apples? Orage?”

 

Jessica shook her head as she wore a smile on her face. “Thank you though.”

 

“No need to thank me,” Tiffany said as she fixed Jessica’s comforter.

 

Jessica tried to look at the digital clock she had on her nightstand, but since she was neither wearing her glasses or contact lenses, she wasn’t able to tell. All she could see was a blurry gray box and a bigger brown one, which she knew was her nightstand. “What time is it?” she asked as she squinted, still trying her best to be able to tell time.

 

“Past midnight,” Tiffany nonchalantly said.


The girl had been with Jessica for more than eight hours then and she felt bad for having to trouble her. “I’m sorry you had to be here,” she said as she looked Tiffany in the eyes. Nobody, at least nobody who wasn’t paid, stayed with her for that long. And she felt as though she was causing her old friend trouble. Honestly, she didn’t want for Tiffany to go out at this hour to walk to the parking lot and then drive back home at such hour. “If only I’m not contagious, I’d love for you to sleep in the guest room.” She figured that was the best way to keep the girl safe anyway. To show her gratitude, she should seriously push for Tiffany to stay there so when she was better tomorrow, she would be able to take her to a nice meal after classes.

 

Tiffany frowned. “I can’t do that, Jessica.”

 

“Oh." Jessica was dejected. “Right.”

 

“It’s not like I don’t want to, but I don’t have clothes or anything. So I’ll just wait until you fall asleep and then I’ll leave, okay?” She wore a soft smile, reassuring Jessica that she would be there to take care of her. Honestly, Jessica didn’t like the fact that she was treated like a child, but for Tiffany to go out of her way, it was only natural to feel thankful as she should.

 

“I’m sor---”

 

“I’m here because I want to, so don’t even start apologizing.” She raised a brow at the blonde. “Go back to sleep so I can go home.” She then grabbed the antibiotics Jessica told her the doctor prescribed that was set on Jessica’s other nightstand; she then measured the right amount of dosage and then handed it to Jessica.

 

“No water?” Jessica complained, always diluting her medicine since she always hated the taste.

 

Shaking her head in disapproval, Tiffany then said, “Nope. It’ll lose it’s effect.”

 

“Says who?!” Jessica whined as she slightly glared at Tiffany.

 

“Says everybody. Just drink it. I’ll give you your water after a minute, okay?” she lectured. “Come on. Just drink it.”

 

Jessica sighed heavily. She shouldn’t even bother arguing since Tiffany was doing this out of the kindness of her heart, and the earlier they finish, the sooner her friend would be able to rest in her own home. She chugged her medicine down, wincing in disgust in the process. After a while, Tiffany offered her a glass of water, but she then refused, “I’ll be a good patient.” Tiffany flashed her a grin. So just so her friend would be able to leave, Jessica made herself more comfortable so she could just drift to sleep. Tiffany just sat on the chair she placed close to her bed, and went back to studying. “Tiffany,” Jessica called so Tiffany looked away from her book, setting it on her lap.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“Tiffany.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Tiffany then picked up her book and went back to studying. “Jessi, you’re welcome.”

 

“Ca.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“My name. It’s Jessica,” she elaborated.

 

Tiffany nodded. “Okay, Jessica. Go to sleep.”

 

Feeling her eyes become heavier, Jessica then said, “I am.” This warm feeling in her chest, would it go when Tiffany walked out that door, she wondered. It had been such a long time since the last time someone showed this much care for her, and she liked it a lot. She just hoped it could last longer, but she couldn’t be selfish. Tiffany had her life outside of this friendship so she should be good and considerate. “Tiffany,” she called once again.

 

“Jessica,” Tiffany said with the emphasis on the last syllable, and then continued, “if you’re going to thank me again, I will smack you.”


Giggling weakly, Jessica then said, “Thank you.”

 

Knowing it was helpless, Tiffany just sighed. “Even when you’re sick, you’re still a stubborn troublemaker.”

 

“You know, not even Taeyeon did this to or for me.” She opened her eyes slowly, meeting Tiffany’s eyes, who was no longer studying. Feeling apologetic, Jessica smiled at her friend. “To think that with Taeyeon I honestly thought of leaving my family for her, she wouldn’t even do things like this to me. What was I thinking, right? Falling in love with someone horrible like that.” She then sighed. “That’s why I’m thankful that you’re so nice to me without getting anything in return. If Taeyeon was just half of you, I wouldn’t have been so pained.”

 

“It’s your sickness talking, Jessica. But I’m sure you wouldn’t have fallen in love with someone awful,” Tiffany said as she sighed. “But what were you thinking? Leaving your family for love? Idiot.”

 

“I was whipped pretty bad,” Jessica said with a soft giggle. “So thank you,” this part was said in a much, much softer tone.

 

“Stop thanking me.”

 

“Thank you.” Since she really couldn’t stay up as the medicine was taking effect, she slowly closed her eyes. She could feel her eyes burning. She was still feverish, she thought. She swore to herself that she would start taking her vitamins so she wouldn’t be so sickly month after month. That would help her in the long run, right?

 

Yes. Vitamins. Daily.

 

“If only you weren’t sick, I swear I’d smack you.”  Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

This just reminded Jessica of her elementary years, where she was always in trouble since she talked too much or was standing or walking around when the class was in session, and there would be Tiffany, telling their teacher on her or writing her name on the list of naughty kids, which would always end up with her getting punished by the adults. Well, just a verbal warning anyway since the teachers were afraid of her parents; her dad used to be the congressman of their district back then so nobody really wanted to scold her except for MiYoung. She liked seeing the young Jessica in trouble for some reason, and remembering it now brought to Jessica a wave of happiness. “Now, that’s my old MiYoung talking,” Jessica murmured before finally drifting off to sleep.


 

******


 

Thanks to Tiffany’s nursing, Jessica was only gone from school for two days. She knew she owed her friend a lot since she stopped by before going to school, during lunch break, and after school and each time she brought food with her. The nice part about Tiffany’s constant visit was that she wasn’t asked to do it. She simply took the responsibility in liberty to take care of her friend. Honestly, Jessica was really thankful that she was shown how someone should be loved. It wasn’t like she was falling for Tiffany; however, she wouldn’t settle for someone like Taeyeon in her life. She wouldn’t try to give everything up for someone undeserving once again. Her friend’s presence just gave her a better standard in her dating life, and she was also grateful because of that.

 

“Hey Jessica,” YooNa called as she sat beside the blonde; YuRi was tailing behind her. Jessica looked up, silently thanking YooNa that she showed up since she was about to lose her mind from working on the things she missed on her classes. “You seem to be having a hard time,” she continued as she looked at the pile of books in front of her friend.

 

Jessica followed her gaze, causing her to sigh once she saw four of her textbooks in front of her. “Yeah, I missed a lot.”

 

“Need help with anything?” YuRi asked since they had two classes together.

 

“Maybe,” she said  as she still eyed her books. “If I’m stuck with something, I’d ask for help.”

 

“No problem, dude,” Yuri said with a smile on her face, sitting next to Yoona, who sat in between them. “So, I heard Tiffany took care of you.”

 

“Yeah. She’s awfully nice; I feel bad, actually.”

 

“If you really feel bad, you’d date the girl,” YooNa said as she rolled her eyes.


“Oi! Our friendship isn’t like that, you know,” Jessica countered. It wasn’t like Tiffany wasn’t attractive because that was the complete opposite, but why bother ruining something so beautiful like their friendship? It worked so well, so why try to change things that ran perfectly? “I think I have a curse or something,” she started. Ever since she broke up with Taeyeon months ago, it occurred to her that maybe it was God’s way of telling her to take it easy with this thing called love. Before, she would go out with people she didn’t love simply because they asked her and she couldn’t turn them down. Then, she fell really hard for Taeyeon; it was as though she fell from space to the earth and it left her crushed.

 

“No you’re not, idiot,” YooNa said as she slightly slapped the blonde’s shoulder. “I just think Taeyeon was a bad catch. And the people you dated before that b!tchface.”

 

Jessica looked at her in disbelief, but she started to giggle. “Yeah. And the people before her.” She then counted with her fingers, trying her best to remember how many people she dated. “Five people before that.”

 

“It’s not like they were serious ones, you know. But honestly, Tiffany is a really nice match for you,” YooNa said. She then looked at Yuri and asked, “Right?” To which Yuri nodded in response.

 

“You know, I never considered seriously dating Tiffany because of her background,” Jessica said. At one point of having to spend so much time together, she did consider asking her friend out on a date, but then what? What was there after a fling? In the future, they would have to deal with each other anyway. Especially since Tiffany’s father was a huge sponsor to her father’s campaigns. Not only that but they also had a decent amount of shares in her mother’s company. Had it been something like a short relationship, maybe she would want to have that with Tiffany, but other than that, she wouldn’t be able to offer real love.

 
 
------------
 
I hope you enjoye it. :)