The Newbie's Mission

Under Cover

Yoo Youngjae paced as he received a mail from Director Song. He ran excitedly in the streets as he tried to remember the path to the office. It was his first job after all. Youngjae applied as an undercover agent just a few months back and today is finally the day when he’ll experience all the things he’d watch in the action movies. The adrenaline rush that is currently running in his body is so fast up to the point where he can’t even hold back a stupidly large grin from forming on his face.

When he reached the door to the office, he opened it eagerly and stomped his way in, still wearing that goofy grin of his.

“What is it that I have to do?!” he piped in an obviously ecstatic way.

“Do you even know how to knock? Agent Yoo?” Director Song said in a harsh tone, but it seems that it didn’t reach the enthusiastic boy’s ears, all he heard was being called “agent” Yoo.

“Woah! I’m an agent! This is exciting! I’ll be sooo cool and I can do all those moves that Angelina Jolie does and I’ll be like a spy and then I’d be really cool and cool and so much coo-“

“This is not a joke agent. Seriously!” he slammed his fists on the table. He looked annoyed and fed up by Youngjae’s energeticness.

The said agent only grinned wider and stood still, looking intently on the Director before him.

“I get it sir! Yuup, I’m ready,” he saluted and bowed in a childish way.

He’s worse that Taemin and New Year. He’s like freakin’ 6 years old!

“Okay. So you’re first mission is to—“

“Do I get to use guns and stuff?”

“No. Not yet, you’re not even trained. So as I was saying, the fir—“

“Would I be wearing black suits and then have something like a laser or something or mayb—“

“Yoo Youngjae! This is no time to ask such stupid things! You’re still a newbie so basically, you’ll fall for the easier jobs. Are we clear here? So your job is to—“

“Will I be crossdressing perhaps? I’ve watched some movies where the guys ar—“

“YOO YOUNGJAE!” the director’s voiced boomed in the four corners of the office. Even the world’s toughest criminals would be startled by the change of tone, but surprisingly, Youngjae appeared completely unaffected. He’s really a pain in the .

“Listen first, okay?—” He continued when he saw the agent nod accordingly, “—So there’s this bar that’s humored for selling out es. And I want you to infiltrate into them.”

Youngjae blinked a few times before the words finally sunk in. When he finally figured out what the Director meant, his eyes lit up and you can actually see stars in them.

“Awesome!” he chirped and aggressively pumped his fist in the air.

“I think I know what you’re planning to make me do! I’ll pretend to be one of the costumers and then when the e and I go to the bed, I’ll be like ‘Surrender or else you die’! And then I’ll make her speak about their whereabouts and whatnot and the—“

“No. That won’t work Agent Yoo. It’s too common and they might get really suspicious,” Youngjae’s endless blabbering was cut short by The Director.

The hint of mischievousness is obvious on the way Director Song’s eyes twinkled.

“So…?” Youngjae gazed at him in sheer anticipation. And he nearly choked at his own saliva when the Director told him his first mission.

“I’ve decided that you’ll have to pretend as a e.”

 

***

“What?!” Youngjae’s eyes doubled their size, not expecting such words to come out of Director’s mouth.

He suddenly felt cold sweat trickling down his forehead, his excitement died and was replaced by an undeniable feeling of nervousness. He did not expect that.

“I’m a guy! How could a gu—“

“You’re crossdressing. You said so earlier—,” he then turned around and nodded his head at the man situated near the door. “—bring him in.”

The man bowed and made his way out of door, leaving the quivering agent with the Director.

“B-but! Isn’t Taemin-hyung or… New Year-hyung more suitable for t-this? T-they’re fit for crossdressing Director!” he desperately begged the Director to think twice about it.

There must be some mistake. But the Director just shook his head and Youngjae felt his heart drop down to his stomach.

“They have missions assigned for them already. Out of everyone else, you’re the one who’ll do well as a woman. Don’t worry about it, though. He’ll be helping you.”

As if on cue, the door creaked open and a tall young man entered the said room.

He had slightly curly brown hair and wore a simple white shirt partnered with dark-blue jeans. His height forced Youngjae to look up at him. He was seriously tall. He smiled at the young agent with a small hint of pity, perhaps he knew what job lies ahead of the first-timer.

“I’m Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you agent Yoo,” he introduced himself in a polite manner.

They’re seriously making me do this, oh God…

 

***

.

Youngjae stood in front of the full-body mirror, his body frozen and his feet are trembling. He is clad in a dress just a few inches below his hips. He remained perfectly still not just because of the sheer embarrassment that overwhelmed him, but also because of the tightness of the dress.

He could barely breathe. And the heels he wore did not help calm him down. The tips of his auburn wig were also prickling his back, which obviously indicated that it was exposed and bare. How he wished this will all end in an instance. The young agent could already feel the pressure of his job.

And it was only the beginning.

The man behind him noticed the anxiety of the younger. He momentarily shivered imagining himself wearing the same garments Youngjae’s wearing and felt a rush of sympathy over the newbie. He rested his palms on Youngjae’s shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile.

“It’s okay agent Yoo, I’m here to help you. It’ll be over soon, trust me,”

Youngjae was a bit taken aback by the gesture, it was nice knowing there is someone who has faith that you'll do well, it lessened the anxiety he felt.

“Thanks Chanyeol. And no need for formalities, just call me Youngjae. And yeah, it’ll be over soon… I hope. It's funny how excited I was and now... I'm quite scared,” he ended his reply with a slight grimace and continued. “But do I really have to do this?”

“Well… yeah, since it’s the only way to get information from them. I heard your agency tried to enter as customers but no valuable information was found. And also, the real mastermind behind the crime is unsheathed and even us were unable to retrieve who it is. The investigations revealed that it was being run by two young men who appeared to be the sons of the real suspect. It’s not enough so… it’s absolutely necessary for you to do this.”

Youngjae’s face contorted in confusion. Did he just say that even them were unable to retrieve any information? Did he not work for the agency?

Chanyeol was always a good reader and immediately knew the question before it was voiced out.

“I’m a police. And since this case is getting out of hand and it’ll be a hassle just raiding in, the chief decided to get help from the agents. It’s easier that way and I’m assigned to aid the majority of everything. If we just barged in at the said bar, there’ll be no assurance that the real suspect would be present, we need information before we take action. You need not to worry about anything, we planned this and if we just stick to the scheme, it’ll go just fine. I’ll be here for you so just trust me, okay?”

“I think I… understand now. Thank you your help. I’m grateful,” he felt comfort for the first time in hours. He can tell how nice and competent Chanyeol is and was actually happy having him by his side, accompanying him. Success will come for sure, it will.

“I’m ready!” he flashed the tall man a genuine grin and brought his two fingers near his forehead and saluted.

“Now that’s the spirit! I’ll tell you the plan on our way there, okay? Just don’t be nervous. I’m here, remember that.”

 


a/n. Here it is! It's not that nice and it's sorta crappy. But it gets better, and I'll really give everything I've got to satisfy everyone ^^. Sorry for the grammar, yeah? English is not my mother language.