Two brothers

Under Cover

“DAEHYUUUUUN!!” a high-pitched screech echoed through the large mansion, loud footsteps were heard as they marched closer and closer to the bedroom.

Daehyun groaned and squirmed in their king-sized bed, obviously irritated that his sleep was interrupted by Byun Baekhyun’s trademark girly scream.

“Hey!! Wake up, you lazy ! It’s bleeding afternoon for God’s sake! JUNG! DAE! HYUN!” loud banging of the door soon followed and even more shouts of his name were heard.

Daehyun groggily opened his eyes and rolled his eyes. There’s no way he’s getting out of bed. He was tired from yesterday night’s errand. And by errand, it meant something illegal.

Not that it was new to him, anyway.

He willed himself to sleep once more, but to no avail…

“DAEHYUN! I am not joking! Get out of the room! Get the hell outta there, you sloth! DAEHYUUUN!” a particular earsplitting bang of the door got him to re-open his eyes.

Stupid brother.

Daehyun had enough and shot up of bed, trying hard to suppress his hands from tearing the pillow in half.

“Please let me sleep, you ! It’s your fault for sending me to your errands! It was your job and of course, as a coward you are, it has to be me doing those s! Be ing grateful and just please let me sleep brat!”

He was completely ignored, all he heard was even louder wailing from the other side of their rosewood door.

“DAEHYUN!! You ! Open up!! I’M SERIOUS! COME ON!!”

Lazily, he reaches for the knob and turned it rather annoyingly only to be met by small fist hitting his face in a millisecond.

He stumbled backwards and clutched at his nose. It hurt.

“OPEN THE DOO— oh holy unicorns. . I-Im so sorry! I didn’t know! Sorry Daehyun, I didn’t mean tha— it’s your fault! You should’ve warned me you’re gonna open the door! Now look wha—“

“YOU’RE BLAMING ME?!” he glared and shot daggers straight to Baekhyun’s eyes, those eyes…

He wanted to punch them so badly; his hands might’ve bled from his nails digging at his palms, especially when those eyes descended into crescents to laugh at him.

“Your nose is bleeding. Haa, my god you look so funny! it butthole.. I wished I’ve brought my camera,” Baekhyun bursts out laughing. After a few seconds, he stopped to regain his breath… only to lose himself again in fits of laughter.

Daehyun clenched his jaw and sighed, wiping the blood that started trickling down his nose using the back of his hand.

“You idiot… What is it that you want?” he asked in a calm tone. Being the collected one of the two, he decided to just ignore his brother’s display of immaturity.

“Always straight to the point, eh? Pssh, you’re no fun. Anyway, we have to go back to the bar to settle something. Ms. Kim contacted me and said that there’s a girl who appears to be… interested. So yeah, Father’s not around, it’s our task to entertain the little ,” the last statement ended up with a slight cringe.

Daehyun’s face contorted with confusion for a few seconds before it lit up with a spark of understanding “A willing e, then… Money must be really hard to earn this days, huh?”

You can only count the number of willing es using one hand. Most of them were blackmailed and forced. It is still fresh in Daehyun’s memory how he accidentally heard a conversation between his Father’s subordinate and a e. Words similar to “death”, “family”, and “grave” were spoken. And yet there he was, standing motionlessly like a fool, silently listening to a death threat with nothing to do to defend the poor girl.

He remembered the first time they witnessed a crying e. The girl was a mess, she was wearing a wrinkled bathrobe and her hair looked like a tangled bird’s nest. The way she was clawing at her chest with expressions of shame, humiliation, disgust, and misery made the brothers heart crumble with sympathy. Her body was shaking all over and her thighs were trembling too much. It was a sight they’d never forget. Even after several years of watching and watching such a pitiful scenery right before their eyes, the feeling of guilt never left them. Nothing’s ever changed.

Even the fact that they can’t do a single thing about it.

“Please. You have to come and help me! You know I can’t do that alone. Pleeeease? You love me, right?” his eyes immediately descended into bright sparkling wide orbs. It’s his well-known… secret weapon, the puppy eyes who can persuade just about anyone, well… anyone except a certain bleached-haired male.

“Those never work on me, you fool. Try doing that again and expect your eyes hanging on the wall with a stick shoved between them. And to answer your stupid question, yes I do love you and I’ll help so just shut up and get out so I can slip into proper clothes,”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll wait right here,” he grinned and stepped closer to the other.

“Do you even know what privacy is?”

“I’m here to make sure you’re not gonna sneak a nap,”

Daehyun rolled his eyes and pranced to the closet with a low growl.

 


i updated minna! sorry for the loooooong wait! thank you for sparing your time in reading this. i'm never really confident of my writing skills and i apologize for some mistakes. but yeah... THANK YOU!! and i sarang you all~. Baek and Dae are not blood-related!