Chapter 1

Death Sentence

“Crap” Eric muttered as he fumbles through a mess of contorted dead bodies and empty canned food in an abandoned gas station. When he realized that there was nothing to add to his stockpile he left the station empty handed.

Just as he was walking towards his land rover, he spotted a figure way too near his vehicle to his liking. He let out a roar and instantly pointed his loaded crossbow towards the figure. The reaction was instantaneous; the figure let out a shout and rose up his hands towards Eric.

“Human! Please, do not shoot!” The figure shouted.

“Who the hell are you and what are you trying to do getting so near to my vehicle?!” Eric shouted still pointing his crossbow at the figure.

“I’m Hyesung” he answered, eyes not leaving the crossbow pointing at his head. “I’m sorry; there wasn’t a soul in sight so I thought it was an abandoned vehicle.” Hyesung added faintly.

Eric studied the pale lean figure; he looks as if he has just fought with a wild beast, deep scratches could be seen all over and to make matters worse, there is a large patch of blood on Hyesung’s shredded jeans. “It’s a miracle he could survive till now” Eric thought to himself.

Just as Eric was to question Hyesung further, the man tumbled to the ground.

“Omo… Aishh whatever, not my problem anyway…” Eric was about to turn around and return to his vehicle when he spotted a rustle in the corner of his eyes. “! Not them again…” he muttered with disgust and turn back to glare at the fallen Hyesung… “He will die if I leave him here… which I should anyway since he’s just a stranger whom I just got to know his name” the thought made him shudder. Through the years, Eric never had company and that was because he never chose to. But this was a different case - he will never abandon an injured person to fend for himself when in danger, it is not his nature to.

“Okay, fine I shall bring him back and patch him up before I leave him alone, that is the least I can do for a stranger” Eric thought to himself and quickly hurl Hyesung into his strong arms. He wasn’t surprised by his light weight as he seems so fragile with his pale feminine appearance. Especially now that he was lying in Eric’s arms with his eyes closed, a strong urge to protect him was tugging at Eric’s heart which irritated him. “Damn…” Eric muttered.

Effortlessly, Eric carefully placed Hyesung on the passenger’s side and ran back into the driver’s seat. Through the side mirror he could see a herd of zombies coming out from the woods; he quickly raved his engine and sped off to his hideout.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry I did some changes to the time of events. Missed that part when I read through last time before posting. :P