A Date

I love his cousin

 

I went to work today and I noticed that their eyes are all on me. “Why are people staring?” I asked Jiyoon. “Well, you are now considered the prettiest girl in the whole office and you’re the best couple with that cute boyfriend of yours.” Boyfriend? My eyes widened when I heard that word. “Kikwang is not my boyfriend,” I told her. “Well, everybody thinks that. You and he are the perfect couple,” she said. I looked around then to my computer. My wallpaper is a collage of pictures of me and Yoseob, me and the girls, and me and Kikwang. Suddenly my phone rang. “Yeoboseyo?” I said. “Jihyun. School ended early today. Are you busy? What time are you gonna end your work?” Kikwang said. I looked at the clock. “Hold on,” I told him. “Up to what time can I stay today, sir?” I asked my boss. “There’s not much to do anymore anyway. You can go home already,” my boss said. I went back to talk to Kikwang. “My boss said I can leave early. What time are you coming?” I told him. “You can already go down,” I saw my officemates huddling over the window. I looked and I saw him leaning on his car. He looked at the window and waved at me. All my co-workers look at me. “You’re such a lucky! He may be young but he’s so sweet and caring,” one of my co-workers said. I just took my bag and went down.

 

“Hey,” I said. “Hey,” he smiled. “Were you planning to wait for me if I told you that I’ll be here until midnight?” I joked. “Yes.  Maybe I’ll just buy some food but I’ll wait for you,” he said. I’d lie if I told you that didn’t make me happy. “What do you want to do? It’s still 4 pm,” he asked me. “Let’s watch a movie then let’s walk,” I suggested and he nodded.

 

We watched this romantic comedy movie. I rested my head on his shoulder. He placed his arm around me. I like the feeling that he’s here. After the movie, we took a walk then Kikwang stopped and pointed at a picture booth. He pulled me inside and we began posing. Our faces were serious then we had wacky poses. We also made a heart with our hands above our heads. He then held my hand and his fingers entangled with mine. I blushed, I could feel it. The camera flashed again. I turned my face, to avoid his eyes. He held my chin and made me look at him. The camera flashed again. We took the pictures. I gave him some and I took my pictures. He placed those pictures in his wallet except one where he sticks it in his cell phone. I just kept mine in my bag. I took out my phone and he saw my wallpaper which was me and Yoseob posing funny. He laughed at the picture. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. “I was joking,” he said. “Well, me too.” I pushed him and ran away from him. He ran after me. He caught my arm and I turned to him.

 

He then bent down and carried me bridal style. “Put me down! People are staring!” I was hitting his arm. “No,” he smiled. I stopped when I saw him smile. I just smile back. “Let’s just eat here,” he finally placed me down. We went inside a small restaurant. “A table for two please!” He was like a child. We were lead at a table.

 

“Eat,” he raised his fork in front of my mouth. I ate it and he smiled. After eating, we passed by the beach. I told him to stop the car and he did. We stepped out of his car. We sat at our usual spot. “Tell me, why you didn’t accept the job offer again?” he asked me. “I don’t know why too. Maybe I just hated the reason of moving,” I told him. Then I looked at him, I smiled. “I think it’s getting home. Let’s get you home,” he stood up and walked. “I want to stay with you tonight,” I told him. He nodded.

 

We arrived at their place. I changed my clothes and fixed my things. Kikwang then entered the room, “Sleep well tonight.” He was about to close the door but I stopped him. “I feel uncomfortable being alone in here. Can I be with you again tonight?” I said. He returned back into the room. He sat up and I sat beside him. “Scared again?” He asked. I always am, afraid to lose another important person in my life. I nodded at him. “You’re always scared. You always ask me to stay with you,” we both laughed. I lied down. He my cheek. I moved so he could lie down. He held unto me tightly, like the way I like it. Like other nights, I lie in his arms, having that feeling of security. I know that he will never leave me if he stays like this with me.

 

My dream tonight, I saw Doojoon again. “Jihyun,” he said. I smiled upon seeing him. “How are you? You look happy?” he said. “You know, you should tell the truth already. There’s no point in hiding when everyone sees it,” he continued. What is he trying to say? “If you hide it forever, you will only hurt yourself and worse, you will hurt him.” I wanted to tell him more things and ask questions but he disappeared.