-Come Back Home-

-VIXX Drabbles and Short Stories-

Come back home

Taekwoon can’t recall how this happened, can’t recall how he was pulled into this mess of lies and despair. He can’t exactly remember how he even got here, in this room with three people who ‘wanted’ the same as he did. Life – at least that’s what he’s been told by Hakyeon, the leader of their little group.

You see, they lived in a world where there was something called ‘Virtual Paradise’, they claimed it could extend your lifespan by 80 years, beginning life as a new person up until the day you die. There was a catch, though, and that was giving up your own life in exchange for a new beginning, letting things such as friendships, relationships, parents, their old life, disappear into nothingness.

Most people decided to go for it out of greed, and in turn it left their world - their home - rotting and falling apart at the seams.

They - they being the little team that Taekwoon’s a part of, wanted to change that, wanted to fix everything and make it right again. Everyone there had their reasons, but for the life of him Taekwoon couldn’t remember what his was.

From what Taekwoon could recall, he’s known Hakyeon since he was a child but fell out of contact with him in his late teenage years, only to find him again in this era. After ‘Virtual Paradise’ was released to the public, things began to change way too fast. People began to sign up for these things, for a newer life, and most said that they preferred it there rather than home.

They wanted to stop that, because paradise is never as it seems. They could only be there for a short time, the machinery that was given would last for at least twelve months, and then that would be it. Game over. When people would come back after their stay, they’d be a different person, angrier, in most cases. But Hakyeon, along with Hongbin – the youngest - and Jaehwan – the loudest - had found a way to stop that from happening.

Greenery, plants, life, was the key.

Testing took three months, locating the source took another two, finding enough life sources took about three more, and the rest of their time was spent planning.

Taekwoon forgot his reason during that time, but as Hakyeon began to connect him to the machine, it hit him.

Wonsik was his reason.


Word count : 409

....

Yeah, hi. I wrote this on the fly while listening to 2NE1's Come Back Home. Bloody hell. That song and music video inspired me so bad I dropped everything to write this. 

I can't even believe this. What is this. Angst? Hiiing. ;-;

I hope you enjoyed this anyway, AND IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD THE SONG I WILL JUST LEAVE A BEAUTIFUL LINK TO IT [HERE]

Also, I'm working on requests and two special surprises for everyone, so please keep an eye out, everyone!

Until then, ladies and gents~

♥ PinkCeptionx3 ♥