Chapter 11 ~

Secret Night

I woke the next morning with a stiff neck from sleeping in an awkward position. It hurt as I stretched, a small whimper leaving my lips as I pushed off the mattress and stood. Everything was awfully quiet when I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mother was cooking breakfast whilst a happy Minah was chirping away from her high-chair.

                “Good morning Wonshik-ah,” I smiled and gave my small mother a hug before moving to the toddler in the chair and pecking her on the forehead. “No shower this morning?”

                “Uhh no, I’ll have one tonight. Where’s dad?” I asked as I settled into my own seat and waited for a plate of delicious food to be placed in front of me.

                “At the pub like always,” A pained look crossed my mother’s face as she place pancakes in front of me and some chopped up fruit in front of Minah. The little girl looked at the grapes with interest before she picked one up and shoved it into . Sounds of delight and contentment left as she chomped on the food; shoving as many of the little fruits into as she could. I hummed as well around a mouthful of food causing my mother to laugh as she watched the two of us.

                “You two are definitely related,” she laughed as I continued to shove pancake into my mouth, not able to get enough of the delicious, fluffy, breakfast.

                “Yup,” I chuckled as well before I stood from my seat and shoved my plate into the sink. “I have to meet Hongbin after work today.” My comment earned me a ‘tsch’ and a frown but nothing more as I greeted the two people that mattered the most to me ‘goodbye’ and headed out the house.

(=_=)

Work went by slowly and tediously. No-one seemed to enter the shop whilst I spent the whole time with Junmyeon, one of Sanghyuk’s friends, sending me glares and turning his nose up at me. I tried to not let it get to me but his attitude just seemed to irk me. I’d never spoken to him before, he had no right to judge me and so I decided to judge him as well. For every sneer he sent my why, I sent him the finger. I knew doing that didn’t help his image of me but I wasn’t in the mood to play around with children today and so I resorted to ignoring the immature senior.

                “Ahh sorry,” I apologised when I walked into someone: the crate I was carrying blocking my view.

                “Oh that’s ok ... Wonshik?” I glanced around the pile of dried food to see Jaewhan looking at me with a look of confusion on his face.

                “Uh hi Jaewhan-shi.”

                “You work here?”

                “Yeah ...” I trailed off awkwardly before turning to the products and starting to stack them on the shelves. “Uh did you get home ok yesterday?” I asked whilst Jaewhan hummed away to himself. I couldn’t stop myself from looking at the male from the corner of my eye, my gaze dragging over his body while a mixture of butterflies filled my stomach.

                “Oh yeah ... I’m actually here with someone you may know. He’s from your sch~”

                “Ravi!” A voice I really didn't want to hear met my ears and a sinking feeling came over me. “I always seem to see you in here!”

                “It’s almost like you’re stalking me,” I muttered to myself so only I could hear before sending the annoying male a fake smile. Even if he noticed, Hakyeon didn’t let that bother him as he hung off Jaewhan’s arm with a grin spread across his face.

                “You two already know each other, right?” Hakyeon asked to which the two of us just nodded. I sent them both one more smile before deciding to ignore them and get on with my work. Jaewhan and Hakyeon got the message and carried on with their shopping. I didn’t see them again until it was my time to leave the shop and I bumped into them again near the door.

                “Bye!” Hakyeon had squealed as I walked past earning a nod before I hurried to Hongbin’s.

(v.v)

                “Haaa why would he have a crush on you?” I had voiced my suspicions about Hakyeon to a rather subdued looking leader but soon regretted it when my ideas were met with a judging look and a roll of his eyes.

                “Gee thanks,” I scoffed and rolled over so my arm was hanging off the bed. My eyes darted around the leader’s room, glancing at all the photos and posters that covered the relatively dark walls. It was a bleak room, nothing standing out apart from the numerous pictures all over the end wall. Standing from the comfy pillows I made my way over to the display. I could feel the leader’s eyes boring into my back as my own flittered over the people, trying to place some names to faces. Most of the pictures were of family and close friends – the most embarrassing one of the two of us in the bath together when we were a lot younger.

                “You still have this?” I asked as I ran my hand around the white rim of the picture.

                “Mmmmm,” I jumped when Hongbin’s reply came much closer than I’d expected. I felt arms wrapping round my shoulders and breath on my ear as a head plonked onto them. A comfortable silence came over us as we looked at the photos: that was until I spotted one foreign to me.

                “Is that Jaewhan?” I asked in surprise when my eyes landed on one specific photograph. Hongbin was kissing a girl in the foreground of the photograph but I was more interested in the party and the people in the background. Someone who looked scarily similar to the blonde I currently had a crush on was sitting on a chair with a bottle in their hand whilst their gaze towards Hongbin and the girl was angry ... or annoyed.

                “No, it’s not,” Hongbin replied but I knew he was lying when I was promptly steered back to the bed and plonked onto the covers. “Just someone at a party. Now come on, we’ve got to go.” I was left sitting on his bed as the leader grabbed his coat and hurried out the door.

(o.O)

                “You look distracted tonight,” Sehun commented as he slid into the seat next to me. Hongbin had called a meeting as usual on a Saturday but nothing had been said yet.

                “Really?” I mumbled, hoping the teenager next to me would question anything further. My mind had been darting between song lyrics, Jaewhan and the picture for the whole time we’d been in the hang-out. I hadn’t spoken to anyone or drunken anything unlike all the others who were either high, drunk or both at that present moment in time.

                “Yeah, what’s wrong Ravi-hyung~” I chuckled when Sehun gripped my hand in his and pulled on it like a little child. As the maknae in the group, Sehun could turn from bratty punk to toddler in a second. He was adorable at times, anyone would have to admitted that and it was at times like this I could feel him worming his way into my heart.

                “Just lots of ideas going around,” I said between laughs. Sehun frowned, as though the information was taking time to be registered by his hazy brain before sending me a smile.

                “That’s cool. Write me something?” He asked whilst sending me puppy eyes. Truthfully, he was adorable and I couldn’t say no to someone like that.

                “I don’t know Sehun-ah. You’ll have to see,” I smirked earning myself a pouty glare.

                “Sure,” he drawled. I watched as Tao came to join us then: planting himself on Sehun’s lap. Tao wasn’t high like Sehun but he was a little tipsy meaning I would, yet again, be hit with a few more waves of aegyo before I left to go home.

                “Hi hyung,” the panda sang as he leaned against his boyfriend’s side.

                “Hi Tao,” I greeted him as well, “how are you?”

                “Feeli’ good,” He laughed before laying his head on the maknae’s shoulder. “Real good.”

                “That’s great. I think I should leave you tw~”

                “Ha what do we have here?” My blood ran cold when I heard a voice I didn’t want to ever hear. Everyone in the gang froze, heads slowly turning towards the entrance of the hang-out where a rival gang’s leader stood with a smirk plastered on his face.

(TT_TT)

Dun-dun-dun! Who is this mysterious leader that has suddenly turned up? Any guesses?

I hope this chapter was ok and please don't be afraid to comment/subscribe/upvote :)

Sophie x

#pinktoki - thank you so much for being a regular commenter! And I'm sorry there wasn't enough Raven. They'll appear a little later :)