Chapter 10 ~

Secret Night

We all ended up in a small diner, Hongbin’s choice, which was surprisingly nice for the area of town it was in. The streets outside were covered in gang graffiti and dirt – the waste on the floor littered with beer cans and needles. You could tell the area was somewhere Sanghyuk and Jaewhan had never been as mixed emotions of fright and curiosity covered their features.

The diner on the other hand, was nicer with a 1950s feel to it. The stereotypical tiled floor and the brightly coloured booths gave it a warm feeling whilst the games down one side of the room set a friendly and inviting tone. The food was good too: the main specialities being burgers or other meat and chips.

            “Is there not a salad on here?” Jaewhan asked with his nose turned up. I couldn’t stop a chuckle escaping my lips as I scanned my own menu. It was amusing how self conscious and un-teenager-like Jaewhan was sometimes. Sanghyuk however, had a look of glee on his face as he tried to choose between a cheese burger and one with bacon added.

            “Uh there is, page two,” I tried being helpful to the poor boy that didn’t seem to please to be here.

            “Oh uh thanks,” Jaewhan muttered as the waitress appeared to take our order. She was decked out in a short skirt, matching blouse and roller skates much to Hongbin’s delight as I could see. The leader was eyeing her over, most likely working out a way to worm his -addicted self into her pants much to the distaste of the teenage boy next to him.

            “Hi, I’m Soohyun and I’ll be your waitress today,” her voice was nasally and overly preppy as she twirled her hair with a finger, “what can I get you?”

            “Well hello Soohyun.” I grimaced at the greasy sounding Hongbin whilst he placed his order, “a number three please.”

            “Sure,” she confirmed, giggling to herself as she popped a piece of bubble-gum in .

            “A number three as well please,” I scraped in and interrupted the not so subtle flirting happening across the table before anything could get too icky for Sanghyuk and Jaewhan – although it was already an unsightly view.

            “I’ll have the Ceasar salad and he’ll have,” Jaewhan pointed at Sanghyuk who was sitting silently fuming in his seat.

            “A number twelve please.”

            “Sure I’ll be back with your orders asap!” She announced a little too loudly and skated off, not before leaving Hongbin with a wink. After that, an awkward silence fell over the table, the only sound of Hongbin on his straw obnoxiously loud.

            “So ... uh what school do you go to?” I asked Jaewhan, the silence making me nervous and slightly jumpy.

            “Oh St. Yen’s high,” he commented causing Hongbin to choke on his drink and for a coughing fit to follow.

            “Are you ok?” A worried looking Sanghyuk asked whilst patting the dying male on the back: all emotions from earlier forgotten.

            “Yeah ... just uh,” the leader stuttered nervously causing me to chuckle. I only knew half the story as to why Hongbin was terrified of that school: the rest hazy as by that time, the two of us had passed out completely smashed. I looked over at Jaewhan to see a smirk planted on his features and I had no idea why. It intrigued me and I decided I wanted to know. What was going on between the two of them?

            “Yeah I know the two of you go to school with Sanghyuk. The same class as well,” Jaewhan mused whilst fiddling with the straw in his drink whilst keeping an eye on Hyukbin who seemed to be up to something. “And I know you two are playing footsies under the table. I’d be grateful if you could stop hitting my leg as well.” At that, the two teenagers sprung further away from each other with guilty looks across their faces.

            “Alright, the number 3?” Luckily for Hongbin, Mia came back with the food at that moment and everything settled into a comfortable silence as we ate with the odd comment here and there.

(8_8)

            “Ohh we should come back here again,” I watched as a full but happy Sanghyuk hung onto Jaewhan’s arm as we exited the restaurant. Hongbin was casually sauntering along in front of them and from the displeased look on Jaewhan’s face, I could tell that his precious angel’s wish wouldn’t be coming true any time soon.

            “I agree,” Hongbin agreed much to my amusement before he motioned to Sanghyuk to follow him. The excited teenage boy ran to the leader and they linked arms before disappearing around the corner. I could see Jaewhan was anxious and willing to run after them but I held him back only to give Hongbin some time with his prey. I didn’t want to but the rules stood in place – always help the leader out.          

“Thanks Jaewhan-shi. The meal was great,” I smiled at the boy who was my crush, only to gain a grimace in return and a narrow eye glare. I looked at him, scared of the male when his hands turned to fists.

            “Yeah, yeah, just keep Hongbin away from Hyukkie,” I swallowed at the negative note of the conversation.

            “They won’t do anything, don’t worry,” I tried to reassure the elder but it didn’t seem like any of that was going to work.

            “Yes they will and you know it too,” the blonde was right and I had no choice but to follow him as he stomped round the corner. I was at the junction when a high-pitched shriek was heard and a banging of something against metal. I picked up my pace, only to find Jaewhan with an iron-like grip around Sanghyuk’s wrist whilst Hongbin was on the floor next to the bench rubbing his head.

            “Don’t touch him you monster,” The blonde shouted before roughly pulling a frightened and upset looking Sanghyuk along the path and out of the park. I doubted Jaewhan had any idea of where he was going but I let them disappear all the same.

            “What happened ‘you monster’?” I asked after helping Hongbin off the floor and onto the same bench he must have been situated on with Sanghyuk.

            “Haha very funny,” the leader grimaced when my finger brushed through his hair and over an obvious bump. “Sanghyuk ... we were talking and then ... I kissed him and then I was on the floor.” I laughed at his confused expression.

            “That was Jaewhan.”

            “I know that you . Now take me home,” I sniggered again at his tone before hauling the boy to his feet and making my way to his car. A pair of keys was chuckled at me and soon we were driving through the back roads to Hongbin’s house.

(.o.')

Hongbin’s house was nothing like mine. His parents actually cared about him and his little sister. They worked hard (day and night) to earn enough money to buy a large house and deck it out with the newest and coolest technology. Nothing inside the house was falling apart and everyone had their needs catered for, though this didn’t mean everything was sunshine and rainbows. Hongbin’s dad was known for having multiple affairs with women from his work and he was often away on ‘work trips’. This bothered Hongbin to no end and it’s what his mother used as an excuse for his behaviour: a divorce in the near future.

            “Here you go,” I said as I pulled into Hongbin’s space on the drive-way. Said teen slunk out of the vehicle before making his way to the front door of the house and shoving his key into the hole unceremoniously.

            “Are you staying the night Ravi-ah?” He asked, an innocent yawn leaving his lips.

            “No,” I shook my head, “I have to go home for tonight. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

            “Yeeahh come here before you go to the hangout, night boy,” I chuckled as the leader slipped through the doorway and no-doubtably fell into his warm bed. I sighed, my breath condensing to make clouds as I realised how cold it was. I wrapped my arms around my body in an attempt to keep warm before I headed off and made my way home. 

(*^*)

The second part of the date .... what do you guys think? Poor Hongbinnie~

Thank you so much to my lovely subscribers :) 

And ....

Don't forget to subscribe/comment and maybe even upvote?

Sophie x 

#Taekoppa - I hope the rest of the date didn't disappoint you and please keep watching out for Raven!

#pinktoki - hehe Hongbin is so cheeky ... 

#andrea2313 - I hope you like it!