The Pranks

Sweet Revenge For Mr. Kookie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo still in her dreamland when someone called her that morning. She abruptly wake up and check who's the caller, expecting someone she really wants to talk to recently. She smiled when she got the right answer. She shook her two best friends who  slept next to her, signaled that their victim were on the line.  The two girls wake up immediately and put their ears close to Jihyo's.

"Jihyo-ya neo eoddiya?" He asked icyly.

"Oh? Oppa waeyo?" Jihyo  asked in her fake sleepy voice, pretend to surprised with his phone call.

"Eoddiya?  Why you sleepover in chingu's place without telling me? Did you hide something from me?"

"Ani... oppa..." Jihyo stuttered as if she confuse how to explain. In fact, she said it while pouting upsetly. Her hand itchy, feels like pinched her Jongkook oppa on his cheek. Jimin and Hyejin giggled over Jihyo's act.

"Wae? What's wrong with you? We promise not to keep any secret. So why did you do this? It's okay if you don't want to talk with me over the phone but at least you should have text me. You know I hate it when I don't know where you're. I hate it if I have to feel uneasy because I don't know if you save or not." Jongkook start losing his patient.

"I... urm... I was..." She may sounds scared but her face make a silly expression, make a fun of her uneasy boyfriend.

She heard he released a loud sighed. "Jihyo-ya, I'm at your house to have a morning coffee with you. I brought your favorite coffee and tiramisu. I want to meet you and talk with you. But you wasn't here. Do you know how dissapointed I am?"

She knows he tried hard to control his voice as low as possible. He used to yell carelessly when he's mad. It must be hard for him to surpressed the urge to yell.  She suddenly feeling guilty. Why is she acting childish? Jongkook was clearly love her and care about her. Why should she revenge? 

Sense the regret in Jihyo's eyes, the two best friends shook her hand.

"You give up?" Jimin wishpered. "You're going to fall for his affection?"

Jihyo bit her lower lip, feeling uneasy.

"For the first and last time, Jihyo-ya. You said this revenge is for the first and last time, just so you can release all the doubt and upset feeling from your heart." Hyejin wishpered.

Jihyo snorted. She has two evil best friends by her side. She nodded. "Oppa... that's exactly the same as my feeling couple days ago when you dissapeared." She replied. "Mianhae Jongkook oppa. But you being unfair."

Heard nothing from the other line, she frowned. "I'm okay, oppa. I'm with Hyejin and Jimin. Hyejin's cousin was on her holiday, leave Hyejin alone in her big apartment. She's  a scardy cat. She's afraid staying alone in this big place. So me and Jimin accompany her until her cousin back." She explain in a grim tone. Real grim. "I'm sorry if I make you worry."

"Aniya, Jihyo-ya. I'm the one who should say sorry."

She admit that she's such a bad girlfriend. 

"Sorry for giving you pressure, sorry for doubting you. I just... I would never forgive myself if... something like... if something..."

She realize where is his scared comes from. "Ara oppa. I know what you mean." Jihyo cut his words before he started to going far with his regret.

Couple years ago, before they start dating, Jihyo got in trouble when she's back from school. She has class until night because her school give students extra class before SAT. Jongkook used to pick her up every time she go home late because he promise to her parent even though they didn't ask him to do that. But he insist, with ‘oppa's responsible' as an excuse.

But that night, he fall asleep in the studio after practice for his debut. When he woke up, it's already 30 minutes late from the usual time he pick her up. He called her to tell her that he's on the way. But she's didnt answered. He rushed go to her school which already empty. No one there anymore. And there's no one to ask. He tried to called Jihyo couple times, she still not answer. He called her home and Joongki said she wasn't home yet. He started to panic. Stubbornly kept on trying to reach her phone.

He searched around the environment of the school while calling her name. He almost call the police when he heard sounds of sobbing. He saw Jihyo walked toward her in a weak step. Her face bloated and wet by tears. After she's get better, she told him that about three or four guys approached her when she was waiting for him. They insist her to join them even though she snapped at them and threathen them that she's going to call the police if they didn't leave her. But they took her phone instead and dragged her. Fortunately she smart enough to ranaway and hide herself in a dark and dirty drainage.

And Jongkook still can't get over that until now. He kept on blame himself for unable to take care of Jihyo. It makes him being over protective at her.

Jihyo was aware of that, and that was another reason why she upset at him. When they apart by job reason, he ignored her. But when they were together, he's being over protective at her. It just like hell and heaven that she no longer could handle anymore.

"Oppa can you just forget that? Don't burden yourself with the past. We're in the present now. Move on, oppa." Jihyo said.

Jongkook sighed. "Arasseo. Mianhae Jihyo-ya."

"Ne, gwaenchana oppa."

"Jihyo-ya, can we meet now? Bogoshipeosseo." His voice back to normal again.

Jihyo smiled imagine a morning date with his dearest. But she have to surpressed the urge to say yes. Not yet. Not this time. The prank mission is her priority now. "I have morning class. Let's meet next time. Mianhae oppa." She immediately cut the phone call before she regret. "Yes!" She sighed relieved and looked at the two Han girls in front of her. "Almost fall for him."

"Good job, Song Jihyo." Jimin patted Jihyo's back proudly.

"Girls, let's prepare. Mission is waiting for us." Hyejin grinned.

"Kajja!"

**

Jongkook back to his apartment with no soul. After drive his car super slow, he stayed still inside his car at the basement with hands still gripped into the wheels, spacing out to nothing in particular. He still quite annoyed with the fact he cant meet his girlfriend. He sighed. Thinking that she always understand him whenever he's busy. It's for him to return her faith, time for him to understand her.

He get out of car with heavy step. Look up at the elevator position to found that it's on B1  floor. He pressed the button as he sighed again, leaned his body to the wall. Waiting for elevator to arrive at that floor feels like years. He turned his head to see another elevator on the other side. Looking at two people just alight on it, seems nothing wrong with that elevator. But why this one is so slow? This morning he ride this elevator and it still works well.

He pressed the button again while look up to check which floor is the elevator stay.

"B1? Mwoya? It just one floor above but why it is so slow?"

He pressed the button crudely. Started losing his patient. One minute pass, and the elevator still not coming yet.

"YA!" He pointed his finger at the door. "IF YOU OUT OF ORDER YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT THE NOTIFICATION BOARD HERE! HERE! LOOK! HERE!!!" He elbowed the air as if try to punch the elevator with his strenght.

He sighed. "Geurae. If you wont moving, I'll just take another elevator." When he’s just about to turn around the door opened. Jongkook sneered at the elevator. “Play a prank on me, huh?” But he alight on it at last. He frowned when he saw a piece of pink paper on the floor button. He took it off and push the button of his floor. He leaned to the wall while read the note on the paper nonchalantly.

Mr. Kim are you happy?

His raised his eyebrow. “Mr. Kim?” He stared at nothing in particular while thinking. “Who is Mr. Kim?” He shrugged his shoulder and fold the paper. Plan to throw it away to trash bin later.

The door opened with a clink sound. Jongkook looking up to check which floor it is. He walked out the elevator with a lazy sigh. Suddendly feel like laying on the couch watching tv and not moving at all. He was about to throw the paper to the trash bin in front of the elevator when he realize there’s similar pink coloured paper on the bin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter