A Girl

Counterbalance Between A Girl And A Boy
you
7Cm0rJu.gif
“Have you been kicked straight in the balls for twenty times?”

Sehun feels that he’s still too young to hear something like that especially from a girl and suddenly covers his center as an attempt to protect its ity. He’s currently having English classes when the vice president, Kim Minseok, also one close hyung to him, asks him out as an order by the devil herself in the student’s council office.

He doesn’t even know why she calls him out in the first place since when he enters in her hell, she hasn’t done anything but to check papers and encode stuffs in the laptop. And before he can even ask her about it, the girl answers him for himself.

“Because I’m positive that your mother goes through worse than being kicked straight to your very own as she gives birth to you–twenty times because you’re a brat who just won’t come out of her womb immediately.”

Sehun stares at her ludicrously, her words not only tinting his cheeks red but also causing his head burn in affliction. She’s verbally harassing him.

“That’s harassment!” Sehun cries out, nervously pointing his index finger at her in accusation. He just doesn’t know what is going to happen in his finger since it’s her he’s talking about. He has heard that Tao, the great Wushu student, breaks his own finger due to this same noona. “I haven’t done anything bad to you yet you harass me here in your den!”

Sehun stops when the ferocious girl in front of him stands up and smacks her own table with her iron fists. “Impossible! I am only after facts, harassment? Maybe you can ask Soojung what harassment is?”

The girl smirks in victory as she reaches down to the boy’s right cheek. His face is no doubt pale in nature but his complexion says he drains out half of his blood upon hearing the name. “Why kiddo, did Soojung do something bad to you?” She murmurs calmly, way too calmly for her rage, as she pats his cheeks.

“Prez if you don’t mind, I want to settle these things my way.” His bangs suddenly hovers down to his eyes, his solemn eyes are roofed by the long lashes in his eyelids.

She isn’t surprised by the spin of events, knowing this younger boy better. She just crosses her arms over her chest, feeling unsatisfied by his lack of response. Yes, she likes it better when boys take charge of responsibility. It’s just that this boy has an absence of the urge–the drive for him to actually fix things as soon as possible.

“I’m sure Mr. Shim is searching for me already. I’m going back to my class now.” He sternly excuses himself.

But even before he can get a hold of the door knob, the girl behind him speaks sincerely. “She cried, you know, so much.” It is definitely enough for him to fully stop and the girl simply proceeds to her tasks.

Slouching and bowing down, Sehun leaves.

“Prez, I’m after him.” Minseok, the vice president with chubby cheeks and youthful expression but with the age of a graduating high school student, announces.

“Whatever.”

She blows a raspberry, then adds a snort and shuts down the laptop in front of her.


//


“Sehun, wait…”

“What is it now hyung? The prez want my balls hanging in the corridors?” Sehun snaps on him, out of his shame.

And Minseok knows it too well to not rub any more salt in it. He might say that the prez wants him be kicked straight to it but the young boy is already fed up with cruel words.

“Cool down, boy.” He raises both of his hands as if to show that he has nothing up in his sleeves. “I’m coming back with you, I fetched you there anyway.”

The walk is long and quiet, all students inside of the room. Everyone knows better than to mess with the tyranny of their president.

Minseok steals some glances on Sehun, plotting in his mind the appropriate words he’s going to say to him before he goes back to his classroom. Having to spend time with him a little more than his regular friends in school, he has learned how much of a difficult child Sehun is.

The kid can’t really do well in academics. He lazes out during physical education though he’s pretty strong and capable of athletic activities. He lashes out on his classmates like an active volcano and even uses reckless words around girls.

But if there’s one thing you can count on him, it’s his loyalty. He has enough friends, and he’s very loyal to them; Soojung probably the one he’s most loyal to. After all, the girl has prevented him from jumping out from the rooftop, literally.

And now, the president sees something only both Soojung and Sehun know but there are just too many missing points to presume things.

“Look,” Minseok softly holds his elbow, as Sehun now is almost coming inside his room. “You know Seohyun can’t use words that very well to express her feelings but if I’m to translate it using instincts, she only wants you to clean the mess as soon as possible.”

“You might say she only sees Soojung’s side but that’s her–Seohyun the female chauvinist. She’s too soft for her fellow girls. But if I’m to read in between her lines, she cares for you too. Faint maybe, but there.”

Sehun sighs, nodding slightly. “I just don’t know what to say to Soojung too. But I know how urgent it is. I know too well hyung.” He clears out. “But thanks, send my gratitude to prez too. See you later.” He just lazily moves his hand up to him and gets in.

Minseok smiles and loosens his tie that hangs around his neck, as if he’s being suffocated all throughout. He then jogs back to the president’s den before she can make him do that herself.


//


“Wrap up the account of school funds. I need a report next week, earlier if possible. The festival’s just in the corner and I just can’t find the leisure to sit and relax. Get also the list of classes joining the festival and their own themes–be sure to let them know that fantasy is our concept this year.” Seohyun never stops in talking, as she walks down the corridor with her very calm vice president. She thinks that he’s too tolerant for her but then again she needs someone who can endure her personality. Maybe she’s that lucky to get a line of well-respected officers.

“And don’t ever, ever, forget that the student councils of our other two sister schools are going to take a visit right after the festival. Hell, they just know when to attack.” She dramatically runs her fingers on her black waves before she finally rests them on her waists.

She pauses as she sees an open classroom, murmurs coming its way. She hates it when her students loosen down, even though it’s in the very least form. She holds back the boy beside her and points out to him his classroom.

“Yes prez, I’m going back now–”

“What’s in there? You guys are on your last year now. Don’t tell me the seniors have enjoyed staying at this school and decided to hold back a year just to be my classmates in that room for the next academic year?” She asks sarcastically, though she’s also serious at the same time. Her jokes do look funny, just that Minseok knows better than just to laugh at her endearing jokes.

“Ah, I think there’s just a small ruckus since a new boy is coming today. You know, just a little welcome party.” He grins, shrugging it off to emphasize that it’s just a petty matter.

“I hate welcome parties.” She responses in a matter of fact way, though she hasn’t said anything after. “No monkey businesses allowed. But do report to me later on, I don’t like these vibes coming out of your homeroom. I’ll get back now too.”

“Later Prez!” Minseok salutes as a gag, but gets ignored since the girl isn’t really in the mood to notice his antics on her. He thinks maybe it’s just because of Sehun and Soojung–two of the closest freshmen with her. And nothing gets her down than her emotions.

“Minseok, you actually came! The newbie’s here already! I’m pretty sure you two will get along since he likes soccer.”

He then looks behind him, to the owner of the female voice and smiles. “Yoona you’ll have to tone down that voice a bit or the Prez is going to turn my high school life a living hell. She sent me here herself a while ago, her ears can still hear you, you know.” He tells the pretty girl kiddingly, earning a pout.

“That junior is a scary one! She even kicks asses, and feeds them to Satan afterwards. It’s pretty easy to her since she’s cousin with the devil–no, I forgot, she’s actually the devil herself!” Another lady comes in the picture, leaning her tall figure in the frame of the door. “But that girl’s a good one, finally, a tough president in our school.” She adds a howling laughter, earning an agreement from Yoona at her last sentence.

“Sooyoung I think you’re suppose to tell me how hot the new boy is.” Minseok raises an eyebrow at her, he does expect the girl to do so. After all, Sooyoung is known as a good evaluator. She has good connections since she’s pretty socially active.

The tall lady just hits his right arm before pointing out to the boy who is now surrounded by their classmates.

“I hate to tell you this Minseok, but you really lost your touch. Now that this deer-boy is around, of course.” Sooyoung smirks, wanting her words to splash a pail of cold water at the vice president.

Minseok actually ignores the statement as he looks closely at the back figure. The boy is pretty petite but firm muscles are obvious in his body built; firm legs for kicking and even solid arms for only-God-knows-what. The dark brown hair is tousled and is hot as if he has been visiting hell. There’s a familiar soccer ball resting on his head.

The class goes quiet at the sight of Minseok and that’s when the new boy decides to turn at him. Both of their eyes grow larger at the instant recognition, the new boy with faster reflexes jumps out on him like a hyena.


“Minseok hyung! Long time no see!”

Everyone is taken aback at how the newbie hugs their vice president tightly, having to see him all cocky and proud of himself. Arrogant, conceited, fearless and words go on in the list of his description. They can’t expect him being all this close to such a serious and humble boy like Minseok.

Minseok smiles, that kind of smile he hasn’t showed that much, and pats the new boy's back like they’re dear old friends–except the fact that it is true.

“I haven’t seen you for a very long time!” Minseok exclaims. “You owe me a set, the last time we met is during middle school and you owe me a game!” He repeats, though he’s much more excited in seeing him in his own classroom than remembering their last meeting.

The younger boy just grins. “I see you haven’t changed a bit, Minseok hyung. Oh well, let’s set a match next week. I heard you’re the captain of the soccer team here. I guess I’ll have that match as my audition, huh?”

“That’s settled then.” Minseok pounds his knuckles on his other palm, a manner in which he’s excited. “I have to see if the Luhan of the yesterday is still the Luhan now.”


//


“What do you mean you lost the account of the school funds?” Seohyun snaps out to Chanyeol, the treasurer in her council. “By that, did you also mean that you lost your mind?” She is just about to roar at him, if only not for the throbbing pain she feels in her head. It does make her weak, her insides churning. She sighs quietly, though audible enough for the tall boy beside her.

“Prez, you don’t look too good. Are you okay or something?” Chanyeol asks out of worry and honesty.

Although, the girl doesn’t take it and screeches at him once again. “I know I always don’t look that good enough in your eyes but can you please bear through my face this time, especially when one of the record books is missing?” She brusquely rebukes at him.

Minseok steps up, looking with pity at the tall boy for being in his situation. “Chanyeol doesn’t think that way, I’m sure of that Prez. He only meant that you look sick and maybe you can take a short visit to the school’s clinic. When you get back, we already have that record book, right Chanyeol?” He turns to the boy, whose soul is currently leaving its body, his face all pale.

Chanyeol sniffs and nods quickly, praying to God that the president actually buys it out. Although, Minseok is sure as hell that she’s feeling too weak to hear them out. He’s about to help her when she stands by herself.

“Excuse me for a moment, I’m considering that visit to our school’s clinic. Maybe this big teeth guy misplaced it there. I’m out of here. Minseok, take place.” She grunts, glaring at Chanyeol before turning to Minseok.

Minseok just shakes his head as the girl slowly makes her way to the door. Even at her weak state, she snaps at people like she’s a tough cookie. She even bangs the door loudly, leaving all other officers in the room shuddering.

“Pray that she’ll see the record book there instead. Once she gains her strength, only God knows what can happen to you.” Minseok jokes, though Chanyeol takes it too seriously and starts his search for the lost record book.


//


“I…love you oppa.”

“Don’t worry sweetheart, I love myself too much that I’m in no need of anymore love for myself. Accepting yours will be a bit burdening, you think so?”
Seohyun swears that the throbbing pain in her head is so loud that she hasn’t heard any of Minseok and Chanyeol’s conversation but she just has to hear this one. She’s on her way down to the school’s clinic, her steps in a not-so-straight direction.

Just one more left turn and she’s off to sleep, in the clinic, painkillers working their way to take her pain away. But instead, she heads off to the direction of two distinct sounds–one from the broken-hearted girl and one from the bastard who thinks too highly of himself.

She leans on the cold wall, realizing that she knows the girl while she has no idea who the jerk is. Not that his name matters because in the end, he’s still a big bastard. Knowing his name won’t change the fact that he’s a dickhead and a very conceited jerk.

She quietly walks and hugs the girl to herself. She can feel that the little girl is trembling, on the verge of crying. She immediately throws a cold glare at the boy, who’s probably just in her height though he looks like a freshman. His pair of doe-like eyes bears right through her, as if a warm flush of memories drown her, if not for the fact that she’s too angry at the moment.

Her nostrils are obviously flaring and when the girl in her arms starts crying, she knows she has to meet this boy in hell; literally in hell after she kills him or maybe in her hell-like council room if ever she faints right on the spot.

“So, you’re the infamous guy in charge of breaking my little girls’ hearts. Sick bastard has come to meet me.” She growls with disgust, clicking her tongue at the sight of him. She hears a lot of bad stuffs from girls about him, either about him being the hugest disgrace in men’s population or about him having the hugest ego in his entire specie. The boy is allegedly a newbie who has transferred last week and has made a huge reputation already.

She stares at him with all of the grimace she can muster but rather than being scared, the guy in front of her sneers. As much as she thinks how much of a waste to smack his pretty face with the back of her hand, he is annoying her way too much. Boys, from freshmen to seniors, bow down their heads at the sight of her. And this little prick has the urge to smirk at her.

He eyes her in a way that she’s becoming uncomfortable but even before she can snap at him out of it, he speaks to her. “Miss, as much as I love the spotlight and love having to meet you, I am only letting these beautiful, amazing girls who have good eyes to know that they can’t have me. Don’t you think it’s better that I say them the truth? It hurts, but at least, it’s true. I can’t let their hopes get that high for me, you know.”

Seohyun knows in herself how true and how better his intention is but with his sheer arrogance floating in the atmosphere, she feels suffocated already. With the way he talks, it is as if he’s only thinking about himself. She even cups the girl’s two ears, just for the courtesy of her confession getting into a waste.
She hates him already; so much that her vision starts to spin around. Some flashbacks from her past begins to beam at her, her eyes swelling at the nostalgia. But then again she remembers how sick she feels; that's the very reason she is there at the first place.

“Can you manage to get to your room now? Or perhaps you want to stay in the council’s office? It’s my treat, you can ask Minseok for some tea and homemade cookies.” Seohyun softly turns to the younger girl, brushing the girl’s hair with her own fingers, completely ignoring the boy at that very moment. “No worries, I didn’t make the cookies, if that’s your concern.”

The younger girl looks up to her, holding back her smile. She then shakes her head, hugging Seohyun again. “I am fine Prez. I just need a hug and I’m off to class.” She gingerly rejects the older girl’s offer. With one last tight hug, she squeezes Seohyun although the latter feels as if the other girl is about to fall if not for her body which is supporting the little girl.

“Thanks Prez! I’m feeling a bit better now!” She tries to be cheerful, somehow breaking Seohyun further. She then glances at the doe-eyed boy, before sighing. “And please don’t grill him. He’s speaking of the truth anyway. Big girls must handle things like this.” She maturely utters. She then walks away fast, too much for Seohyun’s bursting emotions.

She thinks highly of girls like her, standing up even after being rudely turned down. “Speaking of…” She abruptly spins at the boy in her back, realizing how close they are. She tries to walk backwards but since she’s in a somewhat fragile situation, she slips in just a slight movement. She expects to land on the hard tiled ground when she lands in a pair of firm arms. Everything blacks out then.


//


“She’s very ugly.”

The nine-year old Seohyun stopped, her heart doing the parallel thing. She held her breath and tried to listen at the conversation. Even though she already thought that she should be minding her own business, she suddenly had the urge to listen to this one particularly.

“She thinks I am head over heels for her and she even spreads to her classmates that we’re together. How dare she do that to me? She’s so ugly inside and out I can’t even lay my eyes on her.”

Seohyun was a hundred percent on who owned that male voice but she still wasn’t sure of who he’s pertaining to.

It could be one of his female classmates.

It could be one of his female friends.

It could be her.

The thought of someone like him talking that way about her pained her; so much that she’s already tearing from the inside. If she would actually reconsider, that someone he’s talking about fitted her perfectly.

She thought he’s head over heels for her. Though she didn’t spread stuffs to her classmates, she told her close friends about her and him. And last but not least, for the past few days, he couldn’t look at her straight in the eyes.

She cupped at the sudden realization, afraid that her loud hiccups and muffled sobs might reach him; he’d probably hate her further, for eavesdropping. She didn't have to look how angry Luhan was because she could tell by just how he utter such terrible words.

“I despise her so much I can only think of getting rid of her in my life. I hate her so much.”

I hate her so much


So much.


Seohyun’s body jerks up from the massive flashback of memories that she already buries deeper than six feet under the ground. She is sweating so hard that she think she blacks out from a marathon. She feels how dry her lips are and curls up once again when her head pounds painfully.

“Take this. I know too well how waking up is the most arduous part when having sicknesses.” A ten-year older lady comes to her to give her a pill and a glass of water.

Seohyun thinks that the voice is very familiar but her vision makes it harder for her to recognize the lady. Her sight is hazy and she can only see a very distorted picture of a lady in a white robe. She asks weakly if the figure in her vision is the female doctor in their school’s clinic as she takes the pill in and drinks the liquid in the glass to appease the crave for a fluid in her dry throat.

“Of course it is me, who else is in the clinic anyway?” The lady with a cattish attitude snaps at her, though she can tell that the female doctor isn’t really mad because her tone is lower and calmer. She just really have to maintain a strict image in front of the students.

She then beams her clinical flashlight on Seohyun, helping her to get to see the things around her better. And as seconds tick off, the hazy lights in her sight becomes less and less bright, as if her pupils are all ready to capture the whole scene.

She massages her head again at a flicker of some thoughts; most about why she’s there.

And why he suddenly appears in her head.

“I am sure you’re thinking how the hell you get here but I am feeling a bit lazy to spill you the full details. Anyway, you need more time to rest so you’re going to stay here until dismissal or you can even ask for your parents to fetch you right now. Either way, you need to get an ample of rest and sleep.” She talks dryly, looking all unconcerned.

She answers that she only has her mother with a great emphasize, never minding the fact that the doctor only wants to convey that she needs a rest.

“I know.” The older lady rolls her eyes, as if it’s a public information. “I just have to test if you’re already you. And congratulations! You’re actually you.” She says in a flat tone, scribbling notes in a pad. She then walks to the bedside where Seohyun is currently lying on.

“Although listening to my speech is the very least thing you needed, you have to listen to me carefully.” She then turns serious this time, dead serious. “You’re becoming a regular here and I don’t like that, very much. This is your third time, being carried here because you fainted out. And take a good note of this, all of this happens within just a month. And I have to tell you, seventeen year-olds don’t just faint out thrice a month.” She then softens as she sees how Seohyun finds it hard to take all of her words.

“What I just want to say is you have to quit over-stressing yourself or you’re going to find yourself in a mental institution someday. If you want that badly to get there, I am always here to recommend you right away. But if you’re sane enough to listen to what I am saying, you really need to take a major break.” She then rests both of her hands on her waists, still thinking over what she must add in her speech.

She then sighs, the sound of it is heavy enough to catch Seohyun’s full attention. Seohyun then gasps inwardly when the older lady brings out the topic of her sister, Soojung and the difficult boy, Sehun. She knows how Seohyun is overly-attached to the two’s problems. “For good’s sake, that’s theirs, not yours. You might be the devil slash president slash wonder woman but in the end you’re still Seohyun the seventeen year-old girl. You can’t just absolve everything that stirs your conscience.” Clearly, she also knows why Seohyun is acting like that.

The guilty girl then slowly and carefully arises from the bed, her feet finding their own matches of black shoes. “I really do feel worse when I listen to you, Sooyeon unnie.” Seohyun excuses out, lame but it is actually an honest statement.

Every single word that enters her ears burns her mind just like how a cotton soaked in an alcohol stings fresh wounds. But in a sense, no matter how excruciating the doctor puts it in her, her Sooyeon unnie is just saying the truth.

“I am going back now, I feel already better anyway.” Seohyun darts away from the judging looks of the doctor, knowing too well how guilt she is right now. She then sighs and takes another pill to carry with her to the council’s office. “I’m not working, alright? I am just going to sit there and relax. I find more relaxing there than here.” She admits.

But in reality, she feels small under the older lady’s observation. While when she’s in her territory, everyone bends to what she say. She isn’t just the seventeen year-old girl; she’s the tigress of the campus.

She bows to the lady, uttering softly her gratitude for taking care of her. Even though it’s the doctor’s duty to do so, Sooyeon is actually doing more of that. She is someone whom the kids can confide their problems at, can be trusted on about their fragility.

But before she can leave the clinic, the older lady speaks up tenderly. “You’re not sincerely thankful for my service if you’re going to continue on being stubborn.”

And with that, she finally departs from the infirmary with a heavy heart.


//


Seohyun is the definition of questions when she arrives in the council room. First of all, she comes inside without any of them noticing her. For her, as the president of their school, it is indeed a necessity to receive the undivided attention from the rest. Secondly, all of her officers are in there. Not that she complains but it is not the likes of them to gather if not obliged by her. Last but not least, there’s a lot more students in there.

If she’s to consider all angles, something smells fishy. And all fishy stuffs makes her feel nauseous. She absolutely needs someone to clarify what is happening in there.

She walks quietly to Minseok, tapping the guy’s shoulder. Although he’s her senior, she has the leisure to act like she’s on his level, not in the disrespectful manner of course.

“Oh, you’re here already? Have you taken the right meds? Everyone’s worried they all started to work at the news of you in the clinic.”
Seohyun suddenly wants to chuckle, if only not for the reason that she doesn’t really do things like in front of people. The boy in front of her seems seriously worried, maybe more worried than when her mother gets the information about her going in the clinic.

“I am fine, you can ask Sooyeon unnie yourself.” Although honestly, she knows that the school’s doctor still doesn’t approve of her going out of the clinic. She just know that Minseok won’t even bother ask when she says she’s already fine.

“That’s a relief. Well, at least, you have all of them out here to deal with their tasks.” He then sighs, as if he has thrown a huge load in his shoulders.
Her eyes scan the room again before she starts to question. “I understand that the festival is coming up but this much of students here isn’t really normal, don’t you think so?”

The boy massages the back of his neck and nods slowly. “Well, It’s just a petty thing, prez. Some of them are kind of competing over similar concepts. Some of them are just reporting on duties.” His eyes then lingers on the three female figures around the sofas and shudders at a thought. He then scoffs silently before meeting the girl’s eyes.

“You’re not telling me something else, aren’t you?” She demands, her slender arms crossing over her chest. She sees how the boy gulps and how his skin changes from honey-glow to pale. But she already keeps in her mind what the school’s doctor has told her. Her instincts says that problem is written all over the vice president’s face but if he isn’t telling her, then maybe, it isn’t really for her to solve.

She then breaks a smile even before Minseok can respond. “I was just kidding.”

Minseok’s tensed shoulders turn into a slouched one, implying that he’s not amused by it. “Well, maybe, you can smile a little when you’re joking so that I can actually tell if you are in the mood or not. Just a friendly reminder though.” He tells her sourly, entertaining the younger one.

It’s definitely a few times when she remembers him using her sarcasm, which also means that he hardly loses his temper at her. Plus, people can’t determine if he’s being sarcastic because he’s on a poker face when he does so.

The boy just clicks his tongue at the sudden realization that she’s teasing her. “All right, I already know you’re feeling fine kiddo, just don’t over do it.” He casually ruffles her hair, her hair that she thinks is already messy, and heads to his chair in the meeting table.

She just sits back to her swivel chair, a small squeak is heard because of the pressure. She guesses she really has to release some stress from her insides.


“I didn’t know that his level of jerk-ness is already that high. Congrats to him for breaking the record!”

An exasperated voice catches her attention. She then rests her left cheek as she notices that three of Minseok’s female classmates are there. She then recalls that they’re also s from the Journalism staff in the campus. If she isn’t mistaken, the tall girl that has just spoken is Sooyoung.

“At some point, he’s actually just being himself; kind of cruel but honest. However, the annoying vibes he gives us is enough for me to feel like strangling him to death.”

Yoona, the pretty girl she looks up to. She also likes her choice of words.

“You guys don’t really have to be on my side. When he rejects me, his words are too much to handle. But his eyes and the way he tells me those words both contradict what he meant. I then realize that maybe, he just really likes someone else and he’s having a hard time telling her that.”

The ever loving and considerate Bora–when she reads the older girl’s sentiments through writing, she is actually a Nazi. Though she’s soft, her criticisms are helpful and cold-blooded at the same time.

“You’re too nice. Anyway, there are more boys worth seeing after. That jerk is too full of himself. He has just rejected a first year a while ago. The poor girl just have to experience that.”

A fresh memory flares at her mind and grasps the fact that they’re all talking about the boy she only meets before she faints out. She frowns.


“Are you guys talking about the newbie?” She asks, forgetting her manners as she joins the conversation of her seniors.


The three are surprised to see her as they feel that they don’t really see her entering the room. But what’s more surprising for them is that she has been listening to them.


“The freshman kiddo with brown-tousled hair who is the epitome of a male dummy-ness and the definition of vanity? And contrary to the other girls’ observation, he’s more of the pretty-boy side than in the masculine side.” She speaks full of remorse.


Sooyoung and Yoona both laughs at her as Bora manages to answer her. The three of them is starting to see that kid in her. She’s tough looking but still has the sense of immaturity (if that actually makes sense). “I guess, with all of those qualities, the four of us is thinking of the same man. However, he isn’t a freshman darling.”

It’s Seohyun’s time to look confused.

“He’s your senior, particularly our classmate.” Yoona adds to the other girl’s statement. She recovers from laughing but some small tears in the corners of her eyes are shining, as if to show how much of a big joke Seohyun has told them.

“Looks are deceiving indeed.” Sooyoung winks at her.

Seohyun slightly pouts but then shrugs at the next second, not wanting to break her image. “I’ve heard a lot about him, all of it isn’t good. And I am finally able to see him a while ago, when he breaks that little girl’s heart. He is a bastard, raised to the power of ten. But then again, that’s just an understatement.” She simply states, her words working their own magic.

Another howling of laughter comes from them which actually catches the attention of everyone else in the room. But that doesn’t really stop them. Seohyun is just oblivious of the fact that they’re liking her already.

“Who says that you’re the devil who wears glasses? You’re more of a tinker bell without the pixie dusts because your magic is on your words!”

Although she thinks that tinker bell is too girly and is overly obsessed with Peter Pan, she just takes it as a compliment. She just sheepishly smiles, rubbing her nape.

“Anyway, we’re having a ramen party for Bora’s courage to confess over Lu Han the jerk later, do you want to come with us?” Sooyoung offers.

But when she speaks of that very, very familiar name, the rest of her words seem inaudible already. Her world that’s spinning stops and her whole system freezes. She isn’t afraid that her autonomic nervous system is at risk but more afraid that the boy who owns the name is the same as the boy from her grade school.

Even before the three girls can ask what’s with her, Minseok steps up and gestures for them to come back to their classroom already. The girls remember that they have to pass their compilation of essays to Ms. Hwang. They just bid goodbye to the semi-conscious newfound friend and dash out from the room.

Minseok snatches one steel chair and faces the girl.


All of the vexing nightmares, old promises and untreated wounds come crashing down at her. She slowly buries her head on the table, cupping both of her ears as if that can change everything. “He’s here.” Muffled and repeated words come out of .


Minseok pities her, especially now that she isn’t on the look, and softly taps her back to show that he cares for her and he’s just there for her.

She faces him with bloody-red eyes, shocking him because she can actually break down at that moment with possible audience inside the room. “He’s the same Lu Han from my elementary years, isn’t he?”

Minseok looks down and nods with a tinge of shame in his consciousness. “I’m sorry Seo.”
A/N: I'm sorry for taking this too long to update. This is a very long chapter and I'm almost afraid this might bore you guys out. I hope you guys understand because I haven't worked with my updates for a very, very long time. (I've been out of her for a month, before I posted this story). Anyway, this contains introduction and the development of some characters. And mostly Seohyun. Hihi! 
 
 
layout by dream_keeper88