This dance is for you pt.2

This dance is for you

MInah and Jongin both woke up at the same time and coincidentally they walked over to their own window at the exact moment. As if fate was playing with them, they both reached for their curtains and opened it. At first both couldn’t believe their eyes. Minah rubbed her eyes while Jongin blinked several times. Simultaneously, they gasped.

 

‘Minah…?’

 

‘Jongin…?’


 

A million thoughts ran through her head at that moment. ‘Should I smile?’ ‘Should I ignore him?’ “should I wave?’ ‘what should I do?’ But without having a second thought she just closed the curtain and ran into her bathroom. ‘Crap! What did I just do? What would he think of me…ugh Minah you’re an idiot, you probably looked like a fool back there…’  She had her hand on her chest breathing heavily.

 

Jongin stood still, infront of the window his feet glued to the floor. Not knowing if what he saw a second ago was real or just his imagination. He looked at the curtain that was closed now. He could have sworn he saw Minah’s face and the curtain wide open before. After god knows how long, Jongin moved his feet into his bathroom. He splashed water onto his face and looked into the mirror.

 

‘Your going crazy. You’re just tired that’s all’

 

Jongin changed his clothes and went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast for himself. While he was making a sandwich his mind kept spacing off . He was thinking about Minah.

 

‘Minah if you are actually here…what do I do? You probably hate me now…im scared, scared how you will react if that was actually you in your room’

 

After Jongin finished eating he went outside to check his mailbox with his heart racing and butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

‘Should I knock on their door?’

 

“Minah can you check if theirs any mail in the mail box?” Minah’s mom shouted from the kitchen.

“Okay mom!” Minah replied back.

‘what if he sees me? What do I do? I wonder if he is even slightly nervous to meet me…’ Minah pondered.

 

When Minah opened her door, she could have sworn her heart stopped for a second.

 

Jongin was standing right in front of her.

 

Jongin: ‘ what do I do? It wasn’t my imagination!’

Minah: ‘Crap! Crap! Crap! ‘

 

“uhh long time no see Minah..” Jongin blurted.

 

‘Did you seriously just say that…you’re an idiot Jongin, she probably thinks you’re a fool’ Jongin thought while biting his lips.

 

“You too, it’s been two year eh?”

‘Are you serious, is that all you can do Minah?’ Minah flinched at her own words.

Awkward silence filled the atmosphere.

 

“How have you been?” Jongin managed to blurt out.

“Good, ive been staying at an American boarding school…how about you?”

“I have debuted in a group called Exo, you know I’ve always been interested in dancing.”

 

‘Ofcourse I know…ive been thinking about you for two whole years Jongin. I missed you.’ Minah wanted to blurt out, but instead she said,

 

“Yeah I’ve noticed, you’re all over Korea and my friends from America are all obsessed with Exo” Minah managed to smile while saying that.

 

Jongin also smiled back slightly. “Oh really? Do you like the group?”

He emphasized the ‘you’ because he honestly didn’t care about what others thought he wanted to know Minah’s opinion.

 

Minah was silent for a few seconds, “Yah I do, but I’ve been trying to study more to get into a good university you know? I’m not really into kpop and celebrities anymore…”

 

Jongin felt a slight twinge in his heart.

 

‘What did you expect Jongin, you crushed her heart’

 

“Oh…” he sighed.

 

‘Jongin wanted to explain everything and tell her that he has been thinking about her non stop and the reason why he worked so hard was because of her to keep their promise. But he doubted that she still remembered that. He couldn’t get his lips to move.

 

‘did he just sigh? Does he care if I like Exo or not? No it was probably just you’re imagination why would he even be disappointed if you like their group or not? He doesn’t care about you.’ Minah thought to herself.

 

“Uh I have to check the mail box” Minah said. She could barely look him in the eye.

 

Jongin was confused for a sec, but then he realized he was blocking her way.

 

“Oh right, sorry.”

 

He made some space for her to pass by. He watched Minah look into her mail box and he remembered the moment two years ago.

 

 

Flashback

 

Minah sat down on her table and grabbed a pen. She took out an envelope and a paper. She wrote Jongin a letter. When she walked up to his house literally 10 seconds away she hesitated to put the letter in his mailbox. She didn’t know if it would make any difference, but she wanted to try. Minah gathered up all her courage and put it in. Little did she know that Jongin was watching her from his room the whole time. When Jongin got ready to leave the house he quickly looked into the mailbox. ‘ Its probably another love letter, when can she learn to leave me alone?’ Jongin put the letter in the trash and walked to school.


‘If I had read that letter instead of putting it in the trash., we would not have been in this situation’

 

 Jongin wanted to cry. He regretted that moment his whole entire life. He wanted to tell Minah that. He gathered all his courage and said,

 

“Uhm Minah? Can we please sit down and talk?”

 

Minah looked up and met his eyes.

 

‘it would be rude to say no, Minah just say yes. No no no, just say no. it wont make any difference if you do talk to him…you’re leaving in 6 days remember that Minah’

 

Although Minah’s mind said no, her heart wanted to follow.

“Uh, sure thing ill just give my mom these mails and I’ll meet you at your house?”

Jongin let out his breath, he didn’t even know he was holding. He was relived he really thought she would say no.

 

“Yah sounds good! See you!” Jongin smiled.
 

Minah walked into her house.

 

“What took you so long to check the mail box?” Her mom asked.

“Oh I met Jongin and we were just catching up” Minah replied.

“Jongin? He’s here?” her mom asked, surprised.

“yes ill be at his house, here’s your mail” Minah handed the mail to her mom and left the house.

 

‘Be brave Minah, he probably just wants to catch up that’s all’


Minah reached his house and knocked on the door.

 

“Hey, come in!” Jongin said.

 

Minah took off her shoes and walked into the house. Everything looked the same since she last remembered entering this house, which was in grade 9.

 

“Would you like a drink?” Jongin asked.

“Water would be great thanks” Minah replied with a slight smile.

“You can sit on the table” Jongin said.

 

Minah slowly pulled out a chair and sat down. She was nervous. What did he want to talk about? Last time she checked he didn’t even give a crap about her.

 

Jongin filled up a glass with water and handed it to her. He also sat down on the table across from her.

 

It was awkward, no one spoke for a full minute.

 

Jongin gathered all his courage and said, “Uh, the truth is I wanted to explain…”

 

‘explain what?’ Minah wanted to ask, but she remained silent.

 

“About the way I have treated you in the past…” Jongin continued.

 

‘what? Is he trying to say sorry about ditching me to become popular?’

 

Jongin looked up to see her reaction. Minah was just looking at her cup fiddling with her fingers, not meeting his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry”  There he said it. After two whole years he finally said it.

Minah was so shocked she looked up and met his eyes.

“ About what Jongin?” Minah snapped.

 

Her voice shocked both of them. Minah was also surprised with herself, but she was mad. Why was he apologizing now? Its been two fricken years since she left and three years since they stopped being friends. They were in grade twelve now. What did he want her to do? Jongin also surprised didn’t know what to say.

 

“Im sorry that I ditched you to become popular, I’m so sorry I humiliated you in front of the whole grade, im sorry I didn’t call you the day you left, im just so so sorry Minah…” Jongin blurted, uncautiously tears started pooling in his eyes.

 

“And most importantly, I’m sorry I didn’t realize how much I needed you in my life. Im sorry I was too late to realize my love for you.”

 

Jongin let his tears fall.

 

Minah was so shocked she didn’t know what to say. Everything flashed in her mind at that moment.

 

Flashback

 

“hey nerd look up!” a girl screams.

 

An egg was thrown at her face. The rest of the cafeteria laughed and joined in throwing all their food at her. She could feel tomatoes and eggs dripping from her hair to her face and her clothes getting wet. She squinted her eyes and tried to move away, but her feet were glued to the floor. She didn’t have the courage to speak up and run away. She stood their like a statue and watched people laugh and continue to throw things at her. She didn’t show any emotions until she spotted Jongin. He stared at her intently threw the crowd. He walked up still not taking his eyes off her. Everyone made way, as Jongin was the most popular guy at the school. Minah had hope that he would speak up for her.

Please Jongin, please speak up for me…Please help me!’  Minah screamed inside. She pleaded him with her eyes.

 

Jongin grabbed a tomato from another girl and threw it directly at Minah’s face. Everyone went silent for a millisecond, but bursted into laughter right after. That’s when Minah couldn’t handle it anymore. Tears started pooling in her eyes. Jongin was laughing with his friends while clapping and high fiving each other. “yah go Kai!” his friends shouted at him.


‘He never cared though? Why is he saying that he loved me?’

 

Minah didn’t know his point of view.

 

Jongin’s side of the story:

 

Jongin laughed for a while and turned around to take a glance at her and he felt a pang in his chest. She had tears in her eyes, but she wasn’t crying. Jongin out of all people knew she hated crying. He could tell she was trying real hard not to cry. He regretted doing what he did. He knew he went too far. Minah slowly got back to her senses wiped the tears from her eyes and turned around and left the caf.

After realizing that Minah was in a daze, Jongin spoke up once again.

 

“I know that this is an excuse and its all my fault, but I was stupid back then Minah. I loved you and I still love you… The day you left I threw your letter into the trash, but after I found out from the teacher that you left I tried finding the letter and I called, but it was too late it said that your phone was turned off. But Minah, please believe me I did call and I did care for you.”

 

Minah was shocked. She really didn’t know. As far as she remembered Jongin didn’t call.

 

Flashback

“Miss you have to turn your phone off now. We are taking off.” The studies told Minah. Minah looked at the time on her phone it was 12 pm. She hoped Jongin would call, but he didn’t. A little boy came up to her and stared at her and the phone.

“ Do you want this phone little boy” Minah asked.

The boy nodded and Minah gave him the phone that was turned off.

 

‘ There’s no point of keeping it anyways. I guess you really don’t care about me Jongin…not even a little. Im sorry I bothered you for so long.

 

Jongin’s side of the story:

When Jongin figured out her number he quickly dialed it. “This number is unavailable at the moment..” the voice recording said. He checked the time with shaky fingers tears pooling in his eyes disallowing him from having a clear vision. It was then he realized for the first time in his life that he has loved Minah all along, but he was too stupid to realize it. Jongin squinted his eyes letting the tear drop down onto his phone. It was 12:01. ‘I love you Minah’ Jongin said quietly, but he knew he was a minute too late.


Minah finally spoke up “You what?”

“I love you Minah, I always have and I still do”

Minah felt tears pooling in her eyes.

‘No Minah you promised you would never cry for him ever again!’

            “Jongin, this isn’t funny, stop joking around with me”

            “Im not joking Minah. To be honest the reason I’m an idol now is to keep my promise with you… remember when I said that I will become a dancer and dedicate a dance to you? Because of that promise I worked extra hard and never gave up.”

 

Minah was truly shocked. ‘I didn’t think he’d ever remember that promise…’

 

Minah let her tears fall.

“Jongin, I missed you”  She cried her heart out infront of him. She never imagined this moment to come.

 

Jongin also cried. He couldn’t take it anymore. He walked over to her side and hugged her.

            “Im an idiot Minah, I know I hurt you a lot and im so sorry. You don’t have to forgive me. I just want you to know that I love you”

Minah looked up and met his eyes. Both of them had tears on their cheek and tears pooling in their eyes. She looked at him and said,

            “I love you too Jongin. I never stopped loving you no matter how hard I tried.” They both looked at each other, Minah in his embrace, face so close together at this point. Slowly they both leaned in more and their lips touched.

            Their first kiss

After they pulled away, both started blushing like crazy.

“ My friends would never believe me if I tell them I kissed Exo Kai once I get back,” Minah joked to lighten up the mood.

But it didn’t lighten up the mood at all. It turned out the opposite. Jongin frowned.

“Minah, when are you leaving?”

Then everything hit her in the head with a pang.

            She’s leaving. She knew everything was too good to be true.

“6 days, including today.” Minah replied with a sigh.

Jongin was shocked. ‘6 days? That’s too short, how long will it take for her to come back?’

“What? Minah can’t you just stay?” Jongin knew he was being selfish, but he just didn’t want her to leave his sight ever again.

“Jongin, you know I cant do that…my mom will never understand and my parents wont allow me…and even if I did stay you will be busy with your schedule anyway…”

‘oh right, I forgot im an Exo member…my vacation also ends in 6 days..’

Minah stood up and got out of Jongin’s embrace.

            “I think I have to get back…my moms probably wondering what’s taking so long ahaha” Minah giggled to brighten the mood.

            “Okay” Jongin smiled back.

Once they reached the front door. Minah turned around and looked him in the eye.

            “We can just make the best out of these six days Jongin, don’t feel too bummed.” Minah said.

She slowly wrapped her arms around Jongin’s neck and shyly pecked him on the lips.

Jongin was shocked, but smiled. He wrapped his arm around her waist and buried his face on the crook of her neck.

            “I love you, im sorry it took so long for me to say it” Jongin murmured.

            “ Don’t worry, I love you too” Minah went out of his embrace no matter how much she wanted to stay. She opened the door and said goodbye and walked to her house.


Once she entered the house her mom came up to her.

“How was it? Does he look different?” her mom was fangirling about him and started chattering that she didn’t even see her swollen eyes because of all the tears she shed.

Minah laughed. ‘Oh god, my mom’s more in love with him than me…ahah’  Minah walked upstairs to her room. When she looked at the clock she realized it was already time for dinner. She walked up to her window and opened her curtains. She look at Jongin’s house and noticed his room also had lights on, but he wasn’t in his room. She sighed and sat down on her table. She couldn’t believe what had happened. Jongin loved her. She was bout to put her head on the table when she saw Jongin walk in with only a towel on his waist and his hair wet. She gasped. Jongin had the perfect body. His tanned skin with a six pack. He looked gorgeous. She felt like a creep and was about to turn away when her eyes met with Jongin’s. He seemed surprised at first, but smirked after. He walked up to his window and opened it. He mouthed for her to open hers.

 

“I love you Minah! I miss your lips on mine already!” He shouted. She was so surprised and was afraid someone else might have heard.

“Shhh! Jongin lower your voice!” She shouted back. She was about to close the window when she suddenly gathered her courage and shouted back,

“I love you too!” and shut her window and closed her curtains with lighting speed.

Jongin chuckled at her cuteness and closed his window.

 

5 days has passed with Jongin and Minah spending every minute together. They at breakfast lunch and dinner together. Sometimes they would spend the time at Jongin’s house (When they wanted some privacy ;) ) and other times they hanged out at her house with Minah’s mom fangirling about him 24/7. They didn’t go out in the public much because Jongin was so famous. So they usually just walked on the beach or park with their hoods up. Everything seemed so perfect. But slowly they woke up from their fantasy. It was time for both of them to return back to their lives.

It was Saturday night and Minah had to leave the next morning. Jongin also had to return back to Sm. They were both cuddling in each others embrace on the couch.

“Minah guess what, my manager said I can perform a solo dance on our showcase in April”

“Really that’s amazing! Good luck Jongin, although im sure you wont need it” she winked and laughed.

            “Im going to dedicate the dance to you…I will finally be able to keep our promise” Jongin smiled.

Minah turned around to face him and kissed him on the lips.

“Thank you Jongin, for never giving up and keeping our promise”

 

Jongin smiled. He never wanted this moment to end, but he knew tomorrow everything will go back to the way it was before. Although he knew they will still be in contact, but it wouldn’t be that often and neither will it be the same.


The next morning

Minah was crying on the plane. She bid farewell to Jongin thirty minutes ago. She couldn’t believe that in a few hours she will be back in America at her dorm. She found it sort of ironic how just two years ago she was crying on the plane because of how Jongin hurt her, however this time she was crying because she didn’t want this moment to end. She didn’t want to go back to America because of the love they had for each other.

 

A month later

“Minah! Minah! The showcase is starting ! get your on the couch!” her friend shouted.

“Im coming! One sec!” Minah shouted back.

It was finally the day both her and Jongin dreaded for.

The day of the showcase

 

"Get ready Kai your up next!" 

"Good luck man, your first solo dance" Sehun said while nudging him.

"Thanks" Kai smiled back.

Both Minah and Jongin were screaming inside. Finally their promise to each other after 5 whole years will be fulfilled. They both remembered when they were in grade 8 holding icecream in their hands laughing and telling each other their dreams.

 

Who would have thought that one promise would make love blossom to this point.

 

Jongin was now on stage.

 

“I would like to dedicate this dance to my love, Minah”

 

Everyone in the crowd was cheering and screaming.

 

'Minah I hope your watching'

 

    ‘Jongin good luck! Im watching’


Hey guys! chapters up!  So I was wondering what you guys would think. Okay so I have this story idea. And I was wondering if you guys would want it to be a epilogue for this story or a whole new story/oneshot. Keep in mind that it will be angst. So if you guys want it to be an epilogue for this story it would be a sad ending...Also if I choose for it to be an epilogue the story will be placed 3 years after the showcase. Could you guys vote in this poll to let me know what you think?

Should it be a whole new story with different characters or a angst epilogue for this story?