This dance is for you pt.1

This dance is for you

Hey guys! Wrote this today. Personally think it was better the first time I wrote it just because I was in the mood to write and was really excited, but i still tried my best! ahah. It really when I lost all my work but what can I do? Oh and originally it was going to be a oneshot, but i felt bad making you guys wait so long so I will be posting the first part today and updating the second part as soon as I finish! Thanks hope you like it!


 

It’s been two years now. I still remember her as clear as the sky.  Minah…my best friend, or should I say ex- best friend now. No, my lover. The one person I love the most in my life.

 

I have been living with sorrow.

 

I had no ways to contact you Minah. I tried talking to your mom, but she said that she couldn’t even contact you as you changed your phone. I know you write letters to your mom. Please write one more letter to me so that this time I can actually reply. So I can tell you that I love you.  I thought of ways to contact you. It was hard, but I found a way. I just have to wait for the right time, the right show.  I wonder if you know Exo. Do people listen to Kpop where you live? and if they do I wonder if you like us. Minah, I finally did it! I became an idol, but it means nothing to me if your not here cheering me on. I was thinking about giving up, but I realized I made a promise to you. A promise to dance and dedicate it to you.

 

Flashback

 

“Minah! I bought your favourite vanilla icecream!” Jongin shouted while running to her with her ice cream in his hand.

“Thanks Jongin! You’re the best!” Minah replied while hugging her best friend.

“Minah, im going to become a great dancer and one day I will dance on stage and dedicate it to you”

“Thank you so much Jongin, I will wait for that day”

 

Minah you don’t know how much I miss you right now. I can’t help but wonder, if I had called you a minute earlier, would you have picked up? and if you did would I  be in the same state as I am right now? I would have confessed my feelings for you and everything would have been solved. I was an idiot; I cared too much about popularity and ignored you. If only I had known then, how much you actually meant to me. I’m living in regret Minah. Everyday I wake up missing you. I try to hold on to the good memories that we’ve had, but now that I think of it I’m pretty sure I have caused you more pain then happiness and it breaks my heart to think that I am the reason that you left. If I had listened to your last question that you wanted to ask me, maybe things would have turned out differently and you wouldn’t have left.

 

Flash back

 

Minah came up to Jongin wanting him to reply to her question one last time. She needed to know for sure. She was going to make up her final decision depending on Jongin’s answer. 

 

“Jongin… I-I have a question to ask” Minah softly murmured.

 

Thinking it was another confession Jongin just slammed his locker not even taking a glance at her and bumped his shoulder with hers while walking away. 

 

End of flashback

 

 

I want to hear your voice Minah I wonder how you’re living there in America. You were always smart and got good grades in English class, but I remember you telling me that you were afraid to speak English to English people and I would always tease you. Have you overcome that fear now?  These are all the thoughts and questions I ask to myself everyday. I wonder if you miss me as much as I miss you…

 

 

 

“Minah! Wake up! The teacher’s coming!” Minah’s friend Natalie shouted.

 

‘mmghhh’ Minah groaned.

 

“What’s going on with you lately are you sleep deprived?” Her friend asked.

 

What Minah’s friends did not know was that she did not get much sleep last night. Actually, she hasn’t been getting much sleep this whole week. She was busy thinking about her past. Mostly about Jongin. There were some days like yesterday where Minah would see Jongin everywhere she went. It has been getting better, but for some reason this whole week it started to happen again.  ‘I wonder what’s going on with me’

 

Actually Minah knew why this has started to happen again. Its because after a year and a half of staying here in America Exo has debuted. At first when her Korean friend told her of the group she didn’t really care until her friend announced that there was a guy named Kai that was really good at dancing.

 

Flashback

 

“Minah! Pay attention to me! I’m serious this group is going to be a hit! I can tell.”

 

Minah did not pay much attention; she was trying to study for the upcoming test.

 

“OMG! Sehun is so hot! I like his hair!” her friend Kate turned and shoved the computer up to her face trying to prove her point.

 

“Ughh Kate I get it they are attractive now shush I have to study!” Minah groaned while pushing the laptop out of her face.

 

“Wow this guy is so good at dancing! What’s his name Kai?”

 

That’s when Minah’s head snapped back at her friend.

 

‘Kai? No way it cant be Jongin’

 

“Wow now your paying attention? Ugh I knew you always liked guys who could dance…Here look” Kate turned her laptop to show Minah.

 

Minah’s jaw dropped. It was Jongin, he finally did it. His dream came true.

 

Minah unconsciously felt a tear drop down her cheeks.

 

‘Jongin you finally did it’

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

“Two more days and its winter break!” Her friends shouted.

 

‘ Two more days and I’m going to be on my way to Korea…I cant believe its already been two years since I left Korea. I miss mom and dad, and…. Jongin’

 

Minah was looking out the window while her teacher was teaching the class. She couldn’t concentrate . She was nervous, nervous to meet her parents. She wondered if she would be able to see Jongin since he lives right in front of her house. And if she did meet Jongin, how would he react, most importantly how would she react? She wasn’t ready to face him yet, not that she thought he would care in the first place.

 

3 days later

 

Minah arrived. She finally landed in Korea. She felt uneasy, worried, she didn’t want to face Jongin, afraid she would fall in love all over again. Every time she saw Jongin on Tv, or if her friends even talked about Exo she couldn’t help, but smile.

 

‘Why do I keep thinking about him when he probably forgot about me?’ Minah cursed to herself.

 

She called a cab and told the address of her house. She was looking out the window. It was snowing. Snow was falling down the window, slowly dissolving into water as it lands on the glass. She observed the water as it drips down. It was beautiful. She missed Korea. She was starting to tap her feet on the floor of the car, she was anxious. Her house was only a few minutes away.

 

‘I hope he’s busy with his schedule, I’m not ready to face him’

Minah kept thinking to herself. She kept denying her feelings for him, but she knew that she missed him and even though she kept saying she didn’t want to meet him, actually she did. She just wasn’t ready to see his reaction.

 

“Miss we are here” Minah woke up from her imagination at the voice of the taxi driver.

 

“Thank you” Minah said while handing him the money.

 

She slowly walked out of the cab placing her feet on the pile of snow on the floor.  Minah was about to ring the doorbell, when her mom slammed the door open and screamed at her.

 

“I missed you so much dear!”

 

Minah smiled at her and opened her arms for a welcoming hug. She talked to her parents for about an hour to catch up and then she brought her luggage up to her room and sat down on her table. Everything was the same. She opened the curtains and opened her window to let in some fresh air. Unintentionally she looked up and saw Jongin’s house. Minah’s heart started pumping faster.

‘ Calm down, its only two weeks anyways, what are the chances of seeing him here. He’s really busy these days’ she tried to reassure herself.

 

 

 

 

“ Guys you will be having a week break next week so work hard this week okay?” Exo’s manager told them.

 

“Yes finally!” All the member shouted.

Everyone was happy except Jongin. He had nothing to do. Of course all the other members would go to their own families, but Jongin’s parents were all busy on a business trip.

 

Exo was busy doing their schedule promoting their song Christmas day on variety shows. It was the end of the week and they were allowed to go on a break. ‘Minah are you watching me? I miss you , I wish you would be here to watch me dance. I wish I could just go home and see you in front of my house like old times’ Jongin thought to himself, but he knew it would never happen as she is in America. But what Jongin did not know was that Minah was actually watching him at the exact same moment on TV.

 

“Aren’t they so cool?” Minah’s mom asked while staring at Exo who was on Tv.

 

“I haven’t seen Jongin in a long time actually, I wonder when his break is? Exo is so famous in Korea Minah, have you been able to contact Jongin?” her mom asked.

 

“Uhh no actually, he’s too busy these days” Minah half lied. The truth was that even in Korea she didn’t get to talk to him. Of course her mom didn’t know that, Minah never told her, as she didn’t want her to have a bad impression on Jongin.

    

After the show ended, it was around 11:30 pm. Minah went upstairs to rest in her room she was still a bit jetlagged. It has been a week and she hasn’t met Jongin yet. When she walked around the streets she could hear people talking about Exo and she could see their commercials almost everywhere. ‘Jongin get out of myhead for once…’ Minah sighed. Although she was relieved that she hasn’t met Jongin yet, she couldn’t help but feel a twisting feeling of loss.

 

All the Exo members separated after their schedule ended. Jongin had nothing better to do so he decided to just go home and rest for the week. His manager drove him home. Jongin was exhausted from all the schedules and he didn’t even care to look at Minah’s house. He failed to notice the light in her room lit for the first time in two years. He just took his keys out and unlocked his door, and walked up to his room. Jongin simply washed his face once he got upstairs and plopped down onto his bed not bothering to change his clothes and fell asleep.

 

The next morning

 

MInah and Jongin both woke up at the same time and coincidentally they walked over to their own window at the exact moment. As if fate was playing with them, they both reached for their curtains and opened it. At first both couldn’t believe their eyes. Minah rubbed her eyes while Jongin blinked several times. Simultaneously, they gasped.

 

Minah…?’

 

Jongin…?’