Chapter 1

Thorns

*bell*

I sighed, I've been in the bathroom for a good 30 minutes and for nothing. My reflection was serious not a single trace of the girl people see walking down the hall with her boyfriend. Oh yeah boyfriend, I forgot. He isn't going to be happy but even when I knew I should go and find him I still stayed where I was. I kept looking at myself.

"You're so ugly." I whispered.

I swear my reflection smiled or was that the after effects of my pills pulling tricks on me. Nevermind I'm going to be late, I took one last look at myself before plastering on my rubbery smile. I exited the bathroom and walked down the suffocating hall full of people. They smiled and waved to me but I didn't really feel anything, it was all sort of a blur before I reached my locker. 

"Vivaldi."

I looked up, nickhun. His face was tight, his mouth a thin line. "Where were you?"

"Bathroom."

"You really think I can believe that? Who stays in the bathroom for 30 minutes?"

I grinned at him "I do."

He looked at me closely and I could tell it wasn't working on him.

"People are watching you know." I whispered my face dropping ever so slightly.

His eyes widened and he returned the smile. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in closer. "Lets hang out after school." With that said he kissed me and left. As he walked away I let out a low chuckle. "Love you too."

```

I entered the class and took my seat next to Ma-Lee who was busy explaining yesterdays lesson to a bunch of idiots. I rolled my eyes, she should stop wasting her time. She looked pretty cute with her short hair pulled back in cute pins and headbands but that wasn't what she wore after school. Red lipstick, hair in her face it all screamed deadly unlike Nickhun who was as vulnerable as a puppy.

"Hey vivaldi!" one of the kids called.

I waved "Whats up?"

He slid in closer and gave me a shy look "Ma-Lee's so busy with the other guys that I don't want to trouble her, can you help me?"

"Of course, I'd love to." I pulled out my books and tried not to shove them at him. "Try to hurry."

Oh . "I mean you know before class starts."

He nodded unfazed by my last comment.

*Class bell*

He handed back my books and hurried to his seat.

"Class we have a new student, please welcome Zico."

Zico? Odd name but then again I shouldn't be talking.

A boy walked in and damn was he hot. He had that dangerous bad boy vibe and I couldn't help but feel a little attraction to him. Thats when we made eye contact, I gave him one of my signature smiles but I was taken aback when he rolled his eyes and looked away.What is up with him? Was I losing my touch? Did I let something slip? I turned my attention to Ma-lee who had turned pale, I glared at her. You're blowing your cover. I bet she knows him, I wouldn't be surprised honestly. I picked up my eraser and threw it at her head. It bounced off and she looked at me angrily.

It didn't faze me, with a dangerous calmness I mouthed to her "I need to talk to you."

She nodded and raised her hand.

"Yes Ma-Lee?"

She cleared "Vavaldi and I have to bring something down to the office may we go?"

He nodded"Of course, but hurry back."

I quickly got up and went out the door first, she followed and we walked side by side in silence until I spoke first not turning to face her.

"Do you know him?"

"You can say that."

"I swear to god Ma-Lee if he knows anything about any of us you will be the first to go down understand?"

She chuckled "Your threats are useless Vivaldi, if I go down you and nickhun go down with me."

I scoffed "I already know that, you aren't really the person to take one for the team."

"Zico doesn't know anything but he can easily find things out is what I heard. They say he's satans son put on earth to ruin people."

"Sounds appealing."

"Of course only you would say that." She said in disgust. "Last time nickkhun caught you with a guy you got your beat."

I felt myself cringe"He said he would never do that again."

"And yet I still catch you with bruise marks on your skin, where did those come from?"

I stayed silent.

"Exactly, you better watch your step."

I stopped "I'm done talking to you, just make sure he doesn't catch onto you."

"And what about you?"

I laughed. "You don't have to worry about me, I never get caught."

She shrugged. "Whatever you say, bye." With that she left back towards the class.

It's true I was good at getting away with things but as I watched Ma-Lee walk away an uneasy feeling took over me. This feeling wasn't new but it's something I try my best at hiding and since it's an outer emotion it's not something I worry about, But this time it was different, my inner self is never capable of emotions not even with nickhun but this uneasyness actually went down to my core. Something was wrong, very wrong.